PDA

View Full Version : MiX iT! #4d : Discuss It

Chris Lambrechts
August 6th, 2009, 05:58 PM
The discussion threadz are NOT just for the mixers. Everyone is very much encouraged to participate. MiX iT! is an educational event for EVERYBODY.

Please visit the Post It (http://thewombforums.com/showthread.php?t=12063) thread to listen to the mixes.

MiX iT! #4 - Discuss It

Sponsored by Kagi Media (http://kagimedia.com/) and Auraleo Advanced Learning (http://auraleo.com/)

We have 2 basic threads in this phase:

Post It

Discuss It(this thread)

This time around we will move to the featured mixes discussion almost immediately, while the general discussion will continue @ the same time.

Timeline

There is NO timeframe for MiX iT #4. It will stop when ... well ... we say it stops and / or start a new, well organized cycle in the future. :Coolio:

Discuss It Guidelines

You can discuss anything you would like.

This should be a learning experience for all participants--whether you're a seasoned mixer doing this 24/7, or this is actually your very first mix--you're here to learn. And even if you didn't mix the song you're encouraged to participate in the discussions. This thread is not for MiX iT! mixers only. We would like to hear from all our forum members.

And please remember, positive + constructive criticism or opinions are, more often than not, of more value to both the mixer + the reader than negative comments.

Let's discuss these mixes + learn more about mixing.

Thanx!
Charles + Chris

AndyGallas
August 7th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Just want to say, right now we have the first four mixes uploaded and they couldn't be more different in an interesting way from each other, I didn't expect that. Very cool guys!

meLoCo_go
August 8th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Just want to say, right now we have the first four mixes uploaded and they couldn't be more different in an interesting way from each other, I didn't expect that. Very cool guys!
Umm...
I guess you didn't knock on the wood when you typed that?:lol:

AndyGallas
August 8th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Umm...
I guess you didn't knock on the wood when you typed that?:lol:

Well... :grin:

... dunno, somehow I didn't feel that I'm in the right position to review the other mixes. But okay, I will do next week, I need just some more time. Just take it with a grain of salt then, it'll be just my stupid opinion.

meLoCo_go
August 9th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Well... :grin:

... dunno, somehow I didn't feel that I'm in the right position to review the other mixes. But okay, I will do next week, I need just some more time. Just take it with a grain of salt then, it'll be just my stupid opinion.
I meant that it's couple of days since "Post it" started and we still have same four mixes:Roll eyes:

AndyGallas
August 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I meant that it's couple of days since "Post it" started and we still have same four mixes:Roll eyes:

You are wrong meLoCo, we have five mixes :very happy:

AndyGallas
August 10th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Okay, here are my thoughts on the so far uploaded mixes.

Mitch Deason
Powerful sounding mix overall with a huge lowend. I would have shortened the intro, pre-rockpart and outro parts. The Filterbass sounds cool but is to loud sometimes, vocals doesn't always sit right to me, to low sometimes. Kick and snare sounds very processed, well that's a matter of taste but they really sound too squashes in the rockpart to me.

Baeli
I like the guitar at the beginning. The rap part comes too abrupt for me, there is no connection betwin those two parts, I'd try a crossfade or some additional rhythm-instruments which runs on both parts, perhaps faded in after the first guitar bars, to break that hard cut a bit. I also think that the rap part is to long. The rest is fine to me arrange wise nice ideas at the end. The balance of the rock part sounds a bit screwed to me. I think the up front vocals doesn't sell the jingle, it's the rockpart as a hole. The snare sounds to much on the top, it doesn't seem like a part of a hole rock kit. In a rock part I personally like when the vocals fight with the guitars but are still the main actor, obviously a very fine line to get right.

Meloco
I like really the overall balance of your mix. The intro and the part after the rockpart is too long to me. Your approach with that reverbing sound is very cool and I believe this could really enrich the mix but you used it all over the place and that is way, way to much. I would use it only partly to create a subtle vibe and to keep it exciting but not to overload the listeners mind. In the rock part the verb in deepth sounds almost annoying to me I wouldn't use it there.

Mortendk
You have some nice ideas in your mix but I think the overall balance isn't there. Your mix needs more meat in the mids and lowmids, rather by balance than by eq. Listen at the rockpart for example, the HH/overheadt is really loud, almost louder then the guitars. Listen at the pre rockpart, the dolcemer seems to be almost the most imporant element but the twang chord guitar is very low. May I ask how you build up this mix?

Now feel free to bash my mix and hopefully I could awake a discussion :)

/Andy

AndyGallas
August 11th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Wow tannoy, I really dig what you did with the arrangement, very creative!

tannoy
August 11th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Thx Andy! Glad you like it. I'll write some comments about the mixes within the next week, I'm kinda swamped right now.

Cheers,

Marco

Chris Lambrechts
August 12th, 2009, 01:56 PM
WOW ... the diversity so far ... stunning.

keep 'em coming everyone. great stuff.

Chris

Baeli
August 12th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Baeli
I like the guitar at the beginning. The rap part comes too abrupt for me, there is no connection between those two parts, I'd try a cross-fade or some additional rhythm-instruments which runs on both parts, perhaps faded in after the first guitar bars, to break that hard cut a bit. I also think that the rap part is to long. The rest is fine to me arrange wise nice ideas at the end. The balance of the rock part sounds a bit screwed to me. I think the up front vocals doesn't sell the jingle, it's the rock-part as a hole. The snare sounds to much on the top, it doesn't seem like a part of a hole rock kit. In a rock part I personally like when the vocals fight with the guitars but are still the main actor, obviously a very fine line to get right.

/Andy
Hey Andy, thanks for taking the time to comment. Though I don't agree with your comment about the rap starting too abruptly, I like it that way, I appreciate you offering an alternative suggestion and I'll give it a try to see what turns up. I agree with the snare and somewhat with the vocal comments. The snare was a knee jerk reaction after I heard how good yours and Mitch's sounded. (Mine sucked) A by product of the change was my session not opening and having to change rigs that didn't have all the same plugins, the verb I had on the vox wasn't available and I decided to leave them dry which pushed them, perhaps a bit to much, up front.

This is the second time I did a 11th hour remix before posting a mix that was maybe better off left alone. Hopefully after this one I will have finally learned a lesson. "Decide that it's finished and let it stand, or start over"

Anyways, I've jotted down my first impressions of what's been posted so far and will revisit my thoughts and post them next week.

Later....

AndyGallas
August 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hey Andy, thanks for taking the time to comment. Though I don't agree with your comment about the rap starting too abruptly, I like it that way, Sure, it's just an opinion, if you like it the way it sounds that's all that really matters!

The snare was a knee jerk reaction after I heard how good yours and Mitch's sounded.
Thanks Baeli! And yes, that can happen. Regarding my snare, a lot from the sound is comming from the room- and overhead tracks. I used the snare-track only to improve the attack, crack and punch a bit. I also used an EMT 245 reverb on drums.

/Andy

musicdog
August 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Hey Guys,

My first reviews for the posted mixes. I started with listening and during that i typed my thoughts. It was stated that we should be positive about eachother, but i do think it`s almost impossible to be positive about things you don`t like in a mix. Keep in mind that I mentioned things that could have been different and that i`m not mentioning it because it was bad.

AndyGallas:
First to revieuw and i was stunned. Clear in your face drums, Nice sound fx added in the intro, but also through the rest f the song. You didn`t use everything but took out the most important features end gave them a good place. Really love this, nice and still open. Good job.

Baeli:
Good and short. You took the vocals en only a little part of the instruments and put it into 1,08 minutes. A bit soft compared to Andy`s, but I think well balanced in the mix. Very strong ending.

MDeason:
My first impression when listening was, that it didn`t sound like one song. The different parts (different instruments and vox) were not binding it to one piece.
With the drums it became a bit more clear. Kick very direct, snare with reverb and the toms sounded like played from another room. Same goes for the different bass parts. Sometimes like played in the distance and other like right in your face. Very nice guitar sounds and balanced left right. All used vox were clear. And in total it wasn`t mixed badly, but gave it a strange vibe. (but some things are that way and after getting used to, the best you ever experienced)

Meloco:
Well balanced mix, but did you steel my settings from mixit 2?? Very heavy on the reverbs and some delay`s. I like it, but after mixit 2 I started doing less of that. You also used much of the tracks that were handed to us. You are also a bit soft sounding.

MortenDK:
Love the very slow buildup from the start. Keeping the sitar up for almost the whole first bit. Stretching the drums in the beat. And then letting it blow out. And the fx on the drum/percussion part towards the end is also very well done.
I`m not sure what to think off the reverb on the vox. I think it`s something too get used to.

I`m beginning to think that Andy has an extra talent for getting things very loud.

Prunelle:
A good mix. Love the drums! You have changed a bit of the arrangements or left a few (in my taste) essential things out. About the 3 minutes you have (also) done something with one of the bassparts. I couldn`t figure it out at first, but I think you used eq or so, to get a percussive sound. Later on it became clear that you wanted the popping bass-sound. A bit too loud in the mix. You do have a louder overall mix than most of the previous mentioned people.

Tannoy:
Spacey, what a good use of the material. And nice add-ons. Whahahahaa, what a killer approach. Would have loved to hear you keep it up right to the end. Compared to the start it ended to “normal”. (start 3:33 minutes) The real ending you made is again right on the spot. Balance between some of the vox are a bit too different (loud).
But overall a very well done mix.

That`it for now. Enjoy Life. :Coolio: I do!

AndyGallas
August 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Hey musicdog,

thank you for your kind words about my mix, I'm glad you like it!
I'll review yours and prunelles tomorrow when I have more time.

Andy

tannoy
August 19th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Thx for reviewing, musicdog! Glad you like that mix. My reviews are coming soon.

Cheers,

Marco

AndyGallas
August 19th, 2009, 09:22 AM
So here are my thoughts:

Musicdog
that's a vibey intro, it sounds promising to me very nice. The breaking-in rap part is a cool idea, the following pre-rock-part sound relaxed and easy to me and translates fine... well as a sidenote... guitars are not excatly your fave instruments :-)

The rock part: Well, the drums sounds to flat and dry to me, I'd like the snare with more crack and bite. Again why are the guitars so low? Are you a bass player or what? ...just kidding

The parts after the rockpart translate fine but are a bit undefined to me. What are the main actors here? What should be most exciting to the listener on each part? "Never leave the listerner alone" I learned once and got my scolding. I mean it's all there but I miss the focus, the story on each part a bit. Sorry don't know how to explain better.

prunelle
I agree with musicdog here "A good mix" with really nice ideas! I'd try to give the drums and the percussions a bit more of their own room though, sounds a bit flat to me.

Andy

musicdog
August 19th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Hey Andy,

Thnx for the comments. I was happy to read that there were only a few comments.

I agree on the focus part, for every part. My point of vieuw on the mix overall was to achive that a listener finds out to hear something new, everytime again.

The flat drumsound (aspecialy the snare) were harder present at first, but i thought they were a bit to disturbing with some of my sounds. That`s why i pulled it back in the mix, also giving them a more "darker" sound. Maybe i overdun it a bit, but we learn as we go.

Guitars are low, cause they are overrated instruments. :lol: just kidding
But there`s a lot to use in the same range, wich make it sound more different than a western rocksongthingie. That`s why the guitars are more on the background.

In retrospective i probably should have taken more of the matter in my own hands en direct the different parts in volume, giving the listener those when i thought they should hear it.

Thanks again, Andy
ps: yes i`m a bassplayer, but that wasn`t the reasen that guitars are in the back.

prunelle
August 19th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hey girls...

I've listened to your mixes, there are some interesting things to say about what was done.

it's hard to find the right word :very happy:

more to come...

tannoy
August 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hi,

so here are my comments on the mixes posted so far:

Andy Gallas

I had to laugh at the beginning of the mix, due to your ’country’ – elements, cool thing :-). There’s some kind of nice filtered delay at one part of your mix (after the 1st chorus, Aardvark singing ‘Mixerman’) which sounds a bit too mid/low-middy to my ears, it stucks a bit out frequency-wise, maybe a tad less ‘weeeooomp’. I think you’ve tried to bring out the attack of the guitar parts in the chorus (could be that I’m wrong here and it’s the rock-bass track run through an amp-simulation or something) – anyways, I like that idea but I think, it’s a bit ‘overdone’ loudnesswise. The ending is a surprise - but a nice one. Well done mix.

Baeli

Cool idea with the guitar-part at the beginning, creates a nice atmosphere. There’s a kind of tension in the build up (good thing) which doesn’t exactly reach its climax in the chorus. I’d love to hear more place for the different elements in the chorus and the vocals to be embedded in that, it sounds a bit ‘squeezed’ to me. The ending is great. Brevity is the essence of wit, nice one.

MDeason

Wow, that’s pretty loud – and my roof has been blown away by those basses...lol...ok...it’s a bit too squashed for my taste...I think you’ve nailed it balancewise, but the sound of the compression and the eq is too much in front to my ears. Lots of attacks but I somewhat miss the basis (the drums are sounding a bit ‘clicky’ for example). This one sounds more on the bass/mid/hi-mid side of things on my speakers. I’d like to hear this one with a ‘less is more’ approach.

MeLoCo_go (What's this name about, btw ? I've always wanted to ask that :) )

I hear lots of room/reverb on this one. That creates a certain kind of atmosphere – the first picture I had in my mind listening to your mix was that band playing in an old empty industry-building. It’s well balanced, although at some points I think the vocs get a bit buried due to the use of room. Nice atmosphere to me, I like it.

MortenDK

I like the structure of your mix. Cool thing with the hihat at around 1:35 and the following build-up to the chorus. To my ears, frequency-wise there’s missing some ‘beef’ at some points in terms of missing bass – it could be that this impression is due to lots of mid/hi-mid content. It’s dynamic, which I like a lot.

Musicdog

I like a lot of the ideas you’ve built into this one – the usage of the elements and the added effects do work. Sound-wise it’s on the locked-up side of things to my ears – the drums, the air between the elements gets lost from the beginning of the chorus. I can’t tell exactly what it is, maybe bus-compression on some bussed tracks ? You’ve tried to emphasize the attack of one of the guitar-parts or the rockbass in the chorus – I like that idea, although I think the attack’s a bit too loud in this case. If there was some more place for the elements, I think that mix would really work.

Prunelle

Sounds good to my ears balance-wise. It’s a bit dry, I think some more room on certain elements would be a good choice (of course, that remark doesn’t apply if you wanted it to sound that way). I like it, cool mix!

Cheers,

Marco

meLoCo_go
August 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM
MeLoCo_go (What's this name about, btw ? I've always wanted to ask that :) )

I hear lots of room/reverb on this one. That creates a certain kind of atmosphere – the first picture I had in my mind listening to your mix was that band playing in an old empty industry-building. It’s well balanced, although at some points I think the vocs get a bit buried due to the use of room. Nice atmosphere to me, I like it.

The name.. um, you can get that from my avatar, I guess))) Actually "me loco" is a chorus from one song and "go" is just for fun)

Yeah, there's A LOT reverb on my mix. It started with that Trazan's mandolin part in the beginning - I noodled with it and slapped some reverb and the initial preset had very long decay and was completely wet and I thought "whoa, that sound draws a picture in my head" and I felt like watching a performer in the middle east city between stone buildings, something like that. I wanted it sound like it was played in natural stone amfiteater. I had to use much more reverb in the other sections of the song than I normally would so that the image won't change much when band comes in.
"Empty industry building" - I laughed when I read this, cause the biggest reverb in the song, used on that mando part was "bath house" impulse from Bricasti, I guess it is pretty precise description of what bath house is))))

AndyGallas
August 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Hey tannoy,
thanks a lot for you comments but I really couldn't figure out what you meant here.

There’s some kind of nice filtered delay at one part of your mix (after the 1st chorus, Aardvark singing ‘Mixerman’) which sounds a bit too mid/low-middy to my ears, it stucks a bit out frequency-wise, maybe a tad less ‘weeeooomp’...I think you’ve tried to bring out the attack of the guitar parts in the chorus (could be that I’m wrong here and it’s the rock-bass track run through an amp-simulation or something) – anyways, I like that idea but I think, it’s a bit ‘overdone’ loudnesswise.

Could you give me a time-mark so that I can find out?

thanks
Andy

AndyGallas
August 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM
ps: yes i`m a bassplayer...

good one :very happy:

tannoy
August 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
The name.. um, you can get that from my avatar, I guess))) Actually "me loco" is a chorus from one song and "go" is just for fun)

Ah... got it - maybe I should've taken a glimpse into some dictionary before asking. Makes sense now. :)

I wanted it sound like it was played in natural stone amfiteater.

And it works. :Thumbsup:

"Empty industry building" - I laughed when I read this, cause the biggest reverb in the song, used on that mando part was "bath house" impulse from Bricasti, I guess it is pretty precise description of what bath house is))))

:lol:

Marco

tannoy
August 19th, 2009, 02:40 PM
There’s some kind of nice filtered delay at one part of your mix (after the 1st chorus, Aardvark singing ‘Mixerman’) which sounds a bit too mid/low-middy to my ears, it stucks a bit out frequency-wise, maybe a tad less ‘weeeooomp’...I think you’ve tried to bring out the attack of the guitar parts in the chorus (could be that I’m wrong here and it’s the rock-bass track run through an amp-simulation or something) – anyways, I like that idea but I think, it’s a bit ‘overdone’ loudnesswise.

Hey tannoy,
thanks a lot for you comments but I really couldn't figure out what you meant here.

Could you give me a time-mark so that I can find out?

thanks
Andy

Yeah, sure - sorry, I didn't explain that very well...those were two different things - the attack I wrote about is in the chorus (I hear it at around 1:34 for the first time) and the filtered delay (at least it sounds to me like that) starts at around 2:21 (the one that's swelling). Regarding that attack-thingy...it could be that I don't remember the tracks correctly. Maybe there was a bass track provided which had that kind of attack-sound and I didn't use it.

The more I think of it the more possible it seems to me....I'm gettin' old....:Wink:

Marco

prunelle
August 19th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Mitch,

Ok, let's hear what you made with this tracks. :)

I'm sitting comfortably in my "astral-commander" studio chair. I push start... :)

0:00 the song begins... sitar,
me : cool, an oriental instrument, i'm thinking about "Sheerazaad[TM]" :)
0:34 miiixermannn... sliiiperman...
me : cool, there are some vocals in the tune, they sound good with this sitar :)
0:38 BLANG... BLA - BLANG...
me : er, what, what ? :icon_eek: why is this guy hitting the toms like that ? this guy is crazy, he hits the toms while the nice band is playing... :finger: fuck him !
If the drummer heard that !!! Evil!
0:45 BLA - BLANG... BLA - BLANG
me : Ooops, now, I think the "crazy guy" and the drummer are the same person... :Roll eyes: (I'm drinking a fresh orange juice)
waooo, this drummer is a killer, he hits loud !
But why does he play so hardly ? the rest of the band play so smoooooooth... dunno... :Uh oh:
Yes !!! I know why... Maybe he's playing with the wrong band !!! hmmm, this drummer is mysterious (i love orange juice, it's so fresh :))
1:09 BONG - BLANG - TAGA-TAGA-TAGA-TA BLANG
me : I thing the drummer is tuning his drums, good idea !!! I think the most difficult thing is drum tuning. Especially when people play or speak near :Thumbsup:
I have to ask a friend of mine about that. He plays drums.
1:20 I hear an oriental guy singing :)
me : the funky drummer is repeating a break. waoooo, he plays really good to me. Too bad he's playing with the oriental guys. Someone sould say him to play with a metal band or something like that... :Coolio:
1:39 Yeahhh-ehhh-ohhhhhh
me : the two guys who are singing the back vocals should eat someting. they should stop smoking...
they should ask the drummer for vitamines. (as orange juices :Thumbsup:)
The drummer is not tired, I think he likes orange juices. Good guy !!!
2:05 guitar riff
me : cool, an electric guitar. I like electric guitars. :)
The guitar player and the drummer are good friends. I can feel that. they like rock and orange juice, as me. Maybe they play in the same band ? "the orange juices vitaminics".
2:40 I see a keyboard player plugin things with cords, dunno why ? maybe he wants to test something, a new plugin ?
2:53 BOIIIIIIING BOIIIIIIIING
me : noooooooooooo, duuuuuude, don't do that dooooooode, you've broken my speakers with this noise... :Thumbdown:

me, finishing the orange juice : Somebody could say to me what there was in this song ?

more to come

AndyGallas
August 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, sure - sorry, I didn't explain that very well...those were two different things - the attack I wrote about is in the chorus (I hear it at around 1:34 for the first time) and the filtered delay (at least it sounds to me like that) starts at around 2:21 (the one that's swelling). Regarding that attack-thingy...it could be that I don't remember the tracks correctly. Maybe there was a bass track provided which had that kind of attack-sound and I didn't use it.

The more I think of it the more possible it seems to me....I'm gettin' old....:Wink:

Marco

Hey Tannoy,

thanks for your clarification!

@2:21 yes it's a filtered delay of the wordsnip "..xerman", the lowpass of the delay is at 1,5k. The more feedback the duller it gets, well I actually liked it that way.

@1:36 that attackythingy is a fider-ride of the stereo sum (in fact its the input of the inflator I ride, see attached screenshoot). The rockpart to me is the most important part in the tune and I wanted it to start with a kind of jumping devil-thingy if you know what I mean.

Andy

tannoy
August 19th, 2009, 04:38 PM
@2:21 yes it's a filtered delay of the wordsnip "..xerman", the lowpass of the delay is at 1,5k. The more feedback the duller it gets, well I actually liked it that way.

And that's absolutely ok. :Thumbsup:

@1:36 that attackythingy is a fider-ride of the stereo sum (in fact its the input of the inflator I ride, see attached screenshoot). The rockpart to me is the most important part in the tune and I wanted it to start with a kind of jumping devil-thingy if you know what I mean.

I guess we're still talking about different things here. What I meant was that 'chack-chack' kinda sound - it sounds like the emphasized attack of a pick touching a string...that's why I've mentioned that it might be on a track I didn't use, 'cause I don't remember a track with that sound on it. Musicdog's mix also has that part in the chorus.

Did you guys record another track to the whole sharona ? Be honest. :Wink:

Marco

musicdog
August 19th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Hey Tannoy,

Thnx for the comments. My biggest problem seemed to be that I used almost every instrument/track. I can live with that.

About the chack-chack sound. The thing that you are talking about seems to be the Bass, thats touches the frets with the strings. A very often used technique in the hard rock scene. Iron Maiden`s Steve Harris can`t do without it.
I think it`s one of the tracks u didnt use.

If that`s not what you ment, would you add a short sample of the part that you mee, cause i think that i hear it in your mix around 2:21. (way softer) But i could be mistaken. :Coolio:

musicdog
August 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM
And that's absolutely ok. :Thumbsup:

I guess we're still talking about different things here. What I meant was that 'chack-chack' kinda sound - it sounds like the emphasized attack of a pick touching a string...that's why I've mentioned that it might be on a track I didn't use, 'cause I don't remember a track with that sound on it. Musicdog's mix also has that part in the chorus.

Did you guys record another track to the whole sharona ? Be honest. :Wink:

I can`t tell. If you find out, i have to kill you! :lol:

musicdog
August 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Mitch,

Ok, let's hear what you made with this tracks. :)

I'm sitting comfortably in my "astral-commander" studio chair. I push start... :)

0:00 the song begins... sitar,
me : cool, an oriental instrument, i'm thinking about "Sheerazaad[TM]" :)
0:34 miiixermannn... sliiiperman...
me : cool, there are some vocals in the tune, they sound good with this sitar :)
0:38 BLANG... BLA - BLANG...
---------
2:53 BOIIIIIIING BOIIIIIIIING
me : noooooooooooo, duuuuuude, don't do that dooooooode, you've broken my speakers with this noise... :Thumbdown:

me, finishing the orange juice : Somebody could say to me what there was in this song ?

more to come
Whahaha, you have some good humor.:lol: Like to read the rest.
Would like you to do that with mine. But maybe that wouldn`t be as funny anymore.

AndyGallas
August 19th, 2009, 08:39 PM
What I meant was that 'chack-chack' kinda sound - it sounds like the emphasized attack of a pick touching a string...that's why I've mentioned that it might be on a track I didn't use, 'cause I don't remember a track with that sound on it. Musicdog's mix also has that part in the chorus.

I guess it's what musicdog said, the strings of the rockbass slaping on the freets.

prunelle
August 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Andy,

I think it's orange juice time guys...

[mode fight on] kidding :)

0.00 nice intro, let's fly to Rukistan. As I hear, you promise me a nice journey :) I like sitar, very musical to me.

0.20 the tom hit is very loud. too much compression ?

0.24 I think the first note of the sitar part is missing. eaten by the hit tom. If I was the dude who played this part, I would not be very satisfied. anyway.
I hear the toms very well, but the bass is missing a bit. maybe because of my speakers ?
I feel the song groovy, cool :Thumbsup:
0.43 Bass riff, I like it.:)
0.48 Let's talk about Malice's part. Serious, at this time, Malice misses me.
0.57 Malice is back.:)
1.00 to 1.06 Malice, where are you ? I hear Malice's track, but I feel him away from the action. away, in a pleasant way. I'm sure he will come back later now.:Thumbsup:
1.07 Malice is back, that's ok.:)
1.21 let me say you what I hear, what I "see".
First plan Drums and vocals. Second plan, the rest of the band. Don't know if it is good or bad. That's what I'm hearing.
1.33 to 2.08 the famous "rock part".
I love this part too. :) Maybe my favorite of the song. the "WWWAAAAAOOOOOOOOO" makes me crazy, I like the Drum playing, The two guitar tracks, this awesome B3 track. This part is per-fect :grin: I fell the energy.
I can hear all the instruments : "wock and woll" :)

Hey Tannoy,

thanks for your clarification!

[---------]

Andy

The duration of the rock part : 40 sec.
The duration of your mix : 3.13.

To me, it is like you started your mix with the "rock part", and keep the "presets" for all the song. What about the musos from Rukistan ?

I think there are basically three different atmospheres in this tune.

In your mix I hear only one of them.

ps : the "rock part" was the part which was the most difficult to mix for me. :Wink:

just my opinion, Andy :)

prunelle
August 21st, 2009, 12:19 AM
Marco,

Big fan here. :Wink:

I love what you did with the 66 tracks. (maybe 67) :grin:

You knew how to emphasize the main parts of this fu@#+k/€ 66 tracks.

But (orange juice ?) :)

at 2.10 the famous "rock part". I don't hear the bass. I have a big sound before that, and then nothing.

Maybe you started your mix with the Rukistan part ?

2.41, love the drums. :Wink:
2.59 waooo, nice ride on the left. Not sure Slippy played this ride so loud.:Roll eyes:
3.11 a cymbal queue is missing. some automation on the OH ? :)
did you kept the OH tracks for cymbals hits ?

I play keyboards, you know. (well I try to :Roll eyes:)
I think the B3 solo is really well played.

Have you a problem with keyboard players ? Evil!
I hate you.

Just my taste Marco. :)

ps : Please, do not make an addition to this "Marco".

tannoy
August 21st, 2009, 08:18 AM
Hey prunelle,

thanks a lot for reviewing and for your kind words.

But (orange juice ?) :)

I like orange juice ! :grin:

at 2.10 the famous "rock part". I don't hear the bass. I have a big sound before that, and then nothing.

The problem with an approach like this is the transition between two completely different genres. That rap-part deserved some emphasized bass treatment but to my ears the same settings wouldn't work with Rock. It would get too boomy. I've tried different settings and this one worked best on my speakers. The other solution would've been to completely change the drumsounds according to the intro, which would've probably fucked up the whole arrangement - not good. I've listened to the mix on some systems before posting it, but it didn't occur to me that the bass gets lost that much.

So, it's simple : Your speakers are crap.

:grin:

I kid, I kid !!! :lol:

Nah, could be that it's a bit too restrained sounding, maybe a tad more bass would work...but anyways, I'm curious : On what system are you listening to the mixes ?

3.11 a cymbal queue is missing. some automation on the OH ? :)
did you kept the OH tracks for cymbals hits ?

Yep, the OH tracks were used a lot. I'm not sure about what exactly you mean here. Could you clarify, please ?

I play keyboards, you know. (well I try to :Roll eyes:)
I think the B3 solo is really well played.

Have you a problem with keyboard players ? Evil!
I hate you.

There is a B3 solo ? Yes, I have a problem with keyboard players - they know way too much about music, especially Fulcrum. So I had to mute some parts. Couldn't help myself. :Wink:

ps : Please, do not make an addition to this "Marco".

I'll second that. :D

Thanks again, prunelle, much appreciated! :Thumbsup:

Cheers,

Marco

tannoy
August 21st, 2009, 08:23 AM
I guess it's what musicdog said, the strings of the rockbass slaping on the freets.

Yes, you're both right. And I'm hereby stating that I'm officially deaf. I've solo'd the rock-bass and there it was, loud'n clear - didn't hear it before. :Roll eyes:

Marco

musicdog
August 21st, 2009, 12:34 PM
Nah, could be that it's a bit too restrained sounding, maybe a tad more bass would work...but anyways, I'm curious : On what system are you listening to the mixes ?

Marco

I`m sure that Prunelle`s suggestions wil work.
:Roll eyes: (gheghegheh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGallas http://thewombforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://thewombforums.com/showthread.php?p=214372#post214372)

Yes, you're both right. And I'm hereby stating that I'm officially deaf. I've solo'd the rock-bass and there it was, loud'n clear - didn't hear it before. :Roll eyes:

Marco

No comments on this one. :lol:

prunelle
August 21st, 2009, 01:45 PM
So, it's simple : Your speakers are crap.

I kid, I kid !!! :lol:

Marco,

I've put all the mixes in PT for listening. (wanted to "see" the average RMS level)

My system (very basic),
Well, I've 4 traps (2,30m x 0,60m x 0,20m), 4 traps (1,50m x 0,60m x 0,10 m) (rockwool, density 85 kg/m3 I think).

I've measured the room before/after. It is night and day.

My speakers : a pair of PMC TB2S+ powered by a Nad.
I have a pair of genelecs 1030 (don't use them now, I cannot hear the low mids).

I thought that speakers were a tool of help to the decision-making for the mixing.

I learnt it in this forum. Did I missed something ?

Should I buy a pair of Quested, and a pair of Barefoot to hear your music bro ? :Sad:

discuss

prunelle
August 21st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Yep, the OH tracks were used a lot. I'm not sure about what exactly you mean here. Could you clarify, please ?

Sorry for my bad English. I try my best to explain things with 26 words. :lol:

At 3:11, The sustain of the cymbal is missing.

But I's not so important. :)

prunelle
August 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
The problem with an approach like this is the transition between two completely different genres. That rap-part deserved some emphasized bass treatment but to my ears the same settings wouldn't work with Rock. It would get too boomy. I've tried different settings and this one worked best on my speakers. The other solution would've been to completely change the drumsounds according to the intro, which would've probably fucked up the whole arrangement - not good.

Wait a minute. You're talking about the rap-part. In the original files, this rap part was at the end of the song. If I remember the tune.

Well, I don't remember... I didn't use It.

You've moved it at the beginning of your mix.

You decided that there would be a rap-part at the beginning of the song.

Don't you have create your own problem by making it ? :very happy:

Why did you want this rap-part at the beginning ?

Why did you change the song ?

Please don't hate me Marco. :)

AndyGallas
August 21st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Hey prunelle,
thanks a lot for you kind words and for your critiques!

0.20 the tom hit is very loud. too much compression ?
The toms have been hit by a real man not a pussy ya know, that's why it's loud :) No compression here.

0.24 I think the first note of the sitar part is missing. eaten by the hit tom. If I was the dude who played this part, I would not be very satisfied. anyway.
To me the hammering toms are way more important for the groove than a single sitar note. Man, you are truly a keyboarder :-)

1.21 let me say you what I hear, what I "see".
First plan Drums and vocals. Second plan, the rest of the band. Don't know if it is good or bad. That's what I'm hearing. Hmmm... I can hear the bass, guitars and bell clear and loud, dunno. Actually I don't make plannings like this, I mix rather intuitive.

The duration of the rock part : 40 sec.
The duration of your mix : 3.13.
Yep. And?

To me, it is like you started your mix with the "rock part", and keep the "presets" for all the song.What presets? There is a lot of fader riding and individual stuff, just what I felt the mix needs in time, even on my console I did manual fader- and send-rides.

What about the musos from Rukistan ? Well, I brought them rock'n roll and they liked it :Coolio:

I think there are basically three different atmospheres in this tune.

In your mix I hear only one of them.
I'd say this is a matter of perspective but okay. I mean what might sound like different atmospheres to you, might sound like a arrangement mess to me. But yeah, we are all different and that's the cool thing about it.

Again, thanks a lot bro!

Andy

tannoy
August 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM
Marco,

I've put all the mixes in PT for listening. (wanted to "see" the average RMS level)

My system (very basic),
Well, I've 4 traps (2,30m x 0,60m x 0,20m), 4 traps (1,50m x 0,60m x 0,10 m) (rockwool, density 85 kg/m3 I think).

I've measured the room before/after. It is night and day.

My speakers : a pair of PMC TB2S+ powered by a Nad.
I have a pair of genelecs 1030 (don't use them now, I cannot hear the low mids).

I thought that speakers were a tool of help to the decision-making for the mixing.

I learnt it in this forum. Did I missed something ?

Should I buy a pair of Quested, and a pair of Barefoot to hear your music bro ? :Sad:

discuss

Errm...I was just kidding, prunelle (that means I was making a joke :Wink:)...don't buy anything you don't need. As stated, it could be that a bit more volume on that bass track isn't a bad idea.

At 3:11, The sustain of the cymbal is missing.

Ooops. Thx for clarification...yeah, it sounds a bit like that...but I can assure you that I did no harm to the OH-tracks during mixing (at least I think so, got to take a look at the tracks).

Wait a minute. You're talking about the rap-part. In the original files, this rap part was at the end of the song. If I remember the tune.

Well, I don't remember... I didn't use It.

You've moved it at the beginning of your mix.

You decided that there would be a rap-part at the beginning of the song.

Don't you have create your own problem by making it ?

If it was a problem - yes. Since I don't hear it as a problem (remember, to my ears the bass doesn't get muted all of a sudden) - no. :Wink:

Why did you want this rap-part at the beginning ? Why did you change the song ?

Well, that was a spontaneous dicision..I listened to Mixerman's mix and wanted to do something 'remix-like', heard that rap-part and thought "Maybe this makes sense at the beginning of the tune, combined with different sounds." And so it went....

Please don't hate me Marco.

Too late. :lol: (I kid again. Meaning, this is a joke as well :D). No worries, all is good.

:)

Cheers,

Marco

prunelle
August 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM

The discussion threadz are NOT just for the mixers. Everyone is very much encouraged to participate. MiX iT! is an educational event for EVERYBODY.

Please visit the Post It (http://thewombforums.com/showthread.php?t=12063) thread to listen to the mixes.

Thanx!
Charles + Chris

prunelle
August 21st, 2009, 10:09 PM
But yeah, we are all different and that's the cool thing about it.

Again, thanks a lot bro!

Andy

That's exactly what I wanted to say in my mix.
Understand the other one to understand itself, or... the opposite, dunno... :Confused:

Nice shot Andy ! :Wink:

I love this place.

musicdog
September 2nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Finally, some new mixes. Come on Guys. Keep them comming.

MKZ:

Intro was very much the same as mine, so no comments on that part. :grin:
After that the drum part was coming in, together with the singing. I think you dubt that part. You did a nice job at that. :Coolio:
Then you went to the yeah-yeah part and I discovered a change in the drum sounds. Later on again a change. That was the only real remark I had on your mix.
To my opinion, not using most off the instruments gave it a restful listening piece, with a rock part in the middle. After that it went down and became restful again.
The ending was very well done. :Thumbsup:

Immanuel:

Drum brass was very far away from the nice tom sounds. A bit to distant for my taste.
Then the bass, also sounding a bit to thin. With not to much low-end, it didn`t gave me a good vibe.
Then guitar, very close. Full of sound.
A bit of vox and some tom beating.
Then towards the ending, nice drum sounds and good bass mix/ use. Vox could be more upfront, but that`s my taste.
The End.

Surprisingly funny, and overall different. Still liked it. :Surprised:

AndyGallas
September 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Great that we have some new mixes. Thanks Immanuel and MKZ. It seems this mix is really a tough one since we have only 10 mixes so far :-)

Immanuel
Well, what can I say. Very freaky, sparse arrangement. I can imagine it works very cool as a movie track but I'm not sure if an ingenuous listerner will bring it together. In general I agree with musicdog comments here.

Surprisingly funny and very different. I still like it :Surprised:

MKZ
The pre rock-part: I like it, I think the overall balance is fine, the only think that bugs me is that constant instrument tone there panned centered. I don't know what it is exactly perhaps the "tanpur"?. The dolcemer at the left is maybe a bit loud.

The rock-part: Balance is really good. I would have used less of the subtle delay stuff as I think it smears the punch and I'd like the snare with more crack and the bassdrum with less click. But that's just my taste, there is nothing wrong here!

The rap part: Simply awesome!! I like that very much, your ideas, what you did with the drums, how everything sits. Very cool :Thumbsup:

Andy

MKZ
September 2nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
I always feel like a fuckin' idiot trying to comment on other peoples' stuff, but I'll try.

Tannoy Polo

I like the totally different approach you brought to this. Especially some of the first minute and a half could be one of those ambient tracks that slowly creep in under a radio persona's voice when a break is coming up. or something.

M Deason

This one's also very diffrent/creative. The BD maybe bugs me a little. It would have especially been awesome in the first 2 minutes (before the rock section) if it would have had more sort of low end boom and maybe even reverb on it. The arrangement could have probably allowed for it, but I don't know, that's just what came to mind first.

Andy Gallas

The intro section sounds a little dry, but that may be because I've learned to hear it a little more wet. The snare sound works great in the rock part.

Baeli

The rock section would have benefited a lot from cranking up the guitars, cymbals, and bass.

I'll listen to the rest a little later and edit this post.

AndyGallas
September 2nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Andy Gallas
The intro section sounds a little dry, but that may be because I've learned to hear it a little more wet. The snare sound works great in the rock part.

Thanks man for checking my mix. Yeah, I can imagine a bit more reverb on the dolcemer in the intro could be even cooler! I admit I was a bit lazy on that. Kinda the oriental vibe is there, cool... move on :-)

Andy

tannoy
September 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Thx for reviewing, MKZ! I'm glad you like it. I'm gonna post my thoughts about the new entries at the weekend.

Oh...nearly forgot this:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4536/motzeb0.gif

Cheers,

Marco

musicdog
September 4th, 2009, 12:05 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4536/motzeb0.gif

:very happy:

Cheers,

Marco

POLO. :lol:
Had to do it!

musicdog
September 4th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I always feel like a fuckin' idiot trying to comment on other peoples' stuff, but I'll try.

No worries mate! We all are feeling that, but it`s for creating a better world. So bring it on!! :Wink:

MKZ
September 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM
meloco

Nice. The snare could be a little more up front as far as my taste goes.

Mortendk

The first minute and a half: The center is a bit non-existent/invisible but that may be intentional. Again, probably just a taste/opinion thing. As much as we "live" in stereo, I personally like elements to anchor the center.

prunelle

The rock part sounds a little upper mids heavy.

MusicDog

Interesting choices on the EQs on the bass(es). Crank them guitars up a little in the rock section! It sort of feels that it looses momentum a little going into the rock section.

Immanuel

Brave editing/arranging. Not my glass of beer, but everybody likes different things.

musicdog
September 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM
MusicDog

Interesting choices on the EQs on the bass(es). Crank them guitars up a little in the rock section! It sort of feels that it looses momentum a little going into the rock section.

Thnx MKZ. I already have been made aware of the guitar being soft. I`m really glad, that that seems to be the only real issiue in my mix. I wil get a friend of mine and have him calibrate my "studioroom", cause i think i need some damping to get less midhighs of the room interfering with mix/speakersounds.

When i playback on other systems i always think that the guitars are soft in comparence to my studiosound. Maybe that`s why. :very happy: Someone wanna comment on my thoughts?

Grtz Peter

MKZ
September 5th, 2009, 11:26 AM
CaptainHook

Awesome. I would have personally probably made different choices on the "arranging" side of things (edits, mutes, etc) but I really like the mix!

CaptainHook
September 5th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks, i'm not entirely happy with the edit (or a few things with the mix) but it is what it is.
I was in the studio from 10am-2am yesterday so 3 hours today was enough for me. :P

I need to get to listening to everyone else's now.

tannoy
September 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Hi,

been listening to the new submitted mixes...

Immanuel

I like it. I don't know how exactly you did it, but that thing creates a certain kind of atmosphere despite the fact that the arrangement got a bit sparse. Sounds more like a soundtrack or something to me, always got some 'behind the scenes' - cinema in my head during listening (could be due to the abuse of drugs as well...I kid). And I like the sonics. Not everybody's cup of tea, for sure...but for me::Thumbsup:

MKZ

I think leveling-wise it is great and I like a lot what you did to the rap-part and the transition into it. Frequency-wise it seems there's something missing (to my ears). I have problems to distinguish between the certain elements, at some points I can kinda feel that things are there but not hear them exactly. Maybe some changes in the upper-mid / treble range ? But it maybe be just me...

Captain Hook

Now, that sounds good to me! Closest to Mixerman's mix for now (and obviously closest to the gear he's prolly used). I'm not exactly sure about the pretty high level of the cymbals during the chorus and the editing decisions near the end, but man...it simply sounds great.

I won't sign this post, sorry....musicdog...hehehe.

prunelle
September 6th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Hey,

Immanuel
Love our mix, it obliges me to turn up the volume :Thumbsup:

MKZ
Thanks for the review. :Wink:
Sounds good here.
did you use a spacializer or something ?

Captainhook
Sounds great to me. Brillant.

You made that in 3 hours, waooo. I spent 5 hours a day, and 6 or 7 days to mix my shitty one.
My mix sounds lung compared to yours. :lol:

Amazing pieces of gears.

musicdog
September 7th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I won't sign this post, sorry....musicdog...hehehe.

Whahahaa, no worries.....

Marco

Polo. :lol:

I just started playing with myself on this occasion. (hmmzz, sounds a bit dirty :Roll eyes: )

And now for a listen to Captainhook`s mix.

Grtz Peter

musicdog
September 7th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Here`s another revieuw:

Captain Hook:

I like the sounds off the overall mix, nothing pushing stuff away to the background or nothing too much in front.
I read your post on how you did most off it. I just found a way to try my vocals to get more inbedded in the mix, like with your mix. Thnx for that explanation. (i think that`s how i should do it, in my next mix)

My mistake on that is, that i try to use to much room and hall, but it should be with plates. Or am i wrong???

Considering only 3 hours went into yours and more than tenfold into mine :Confused: you have the best way`s to do it!

Again, Good job.

AndyGallas
September 7th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Captain Hook,

a really sweet overall sound you have, very nice :Thumbsup:
I find at times there is a bit too much going on. Kind of disturbs the smooth flow of the mix. I think the mix could benefit from a tighter arrangement.

Andy

meLoCo_go
October 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I finally listened all the mixes and when I started to write my review my PC crashed, is that a sign?
Well, I'd post my thoughts anyway... take them with a spoonful of salt:Wink:

AndyGallas
Very upfront powerful sound! Need to check how you treated your guitars:Wink:
To me bass is a bit annoying in rock'n'roll part and drums (especially snare) are a bit too aggressive for this tune.

Baeli
Like the rap balance, although the rock-part balances are too vocal UP. You could probably reach the same effect by using more bass than gtrs and have more powerfull sound.

CaptainHook
Very nice sonics and overall sound, but synth and I guess OH sound annoys me VERY much in the rock'n'roll part, maybe codec problem?

Mitch Deason
I liked how you treated bass in the intro and toms sounded organic at first but then the overall drum sound was too much compressed/gated! I guess such drum sound could be used in parallel to enhance attack, but on its own it feels too small.

MKZ
I liked how parts flown into each other and you managed to get a great groove in the rap part@ I felt that drumkit was a bit duller than everything else and vocals sounded a bit "detached" in the rock'n'roll part.

MortenDK
Wow, rock part rocked! I liked dynamics change between that part and the rest of the song but there's so much cymbals and hat! On the outro the bass part on the right was interesting.
Overall I felt there's too much mids/top-end boosted in this mix.

Musicdog
I guess there's a codec problem as the top-end sounds very lo-fi, like low bitrate mp3.
I think the vocals is too loud and the balance of the rock part is off. Outro grooved much better, but my advice is you need to work on balances more.

Immanuel
Very refreshing approach:Wink:
I think such mix would be very useful as a background to narrator's voice if somebody wanted to do a "making of" video.

Prunelle
I like the intro but rock'n'roll part could have a bit more "meat" and could be a bit louder compared to intro. I like background vox you added in outro:Thumbsup: but I got used to the distorted bass in it too much so it sounded sorta empty.

Tannoy
Great work on arrangement! You really made rap-part work:Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup:
But as in CaptainHook's mix I hated those synth-pads in rock-part:Mad::Mad::Mad:
I think the sound could be more aggressive in rock part (parts, as you doubled it:grin:).

tannoy
October 10th, 2009, 05:58 PM
meLoCo_go, thanks a lot for commenting, much appreciated!:Thumbsup:

You're saying, that the sound could be more aggressive in the rock parts...do you think that the guitars might need a bit more 'sharpness' or punch ? Could you clarify, please ?

Marco

meLoCo_go
October 10th, 2009, 07:27 PM
You're saying, that the sound could be more aggressive in the rock parts...do you think that the guitars might need a bit more 'sharpness' or punch ? Could you clarify, please ?
I'd like to hear more kik in that part - but you can probably add more bass instead; I don't hear enough bass "pulse" there, it doesn't make me slam.
The snare could be a bit brighter and maybe guitars could be a tad brighter there also.

Yeah, one overall thing... We probably could agree on average rms level r something in future. Mixes do vary a lot in that respect!

AndyGallas
October 10th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hey meLoCo_go,

very cool that you finally also tuk the time to make a review. Thanks for that man!

Need to check how you treated your guitars

I think I did really nothing fancy, a bit of delay and reverb here and there, so that every guitar has its own space. In the pre rock part there is a tremolo guitar on the left which is actually a bit shy in tremololoing (is that a word?). I gave it a bit more tremolator by soundtoys. The right one (the auto panned one) I wanted to have with a bit of James Bond character (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1tc493bZM). I first thought about a trashy spring-reverb but in the end it was mostly delay that fitted to the song. In the rock part I also used a bit of flanger in addition. The rest is balanceing and fader-riding I guess. But feel free to ask if you want to know something specific.

Andy

prunelle
October 11th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Prunelle
I like the intro but rock'n'roll part could have a bit more "meat" and could be a bit louder compared to intro. I like background vox you added in outro:Thumbsup: but I got used to the distorted bass in it too much so it sounded sorta empty.

Hey, thanks for the review.

I totally agree with you about the rock part. I'm not pleased about this thing in my mix.
I should have begun the mix with this part (the loudest in this song).

The cavernous back vox is just the "aardy vox", pasted and time stretched with that elastic audio and some very basic things i don't remember (I can do a search if you want). To strengthen the "funny" aspect.

meLoCo_go
October 11th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I think I did really nothing fancy, a bit of delay and reverb here and there, so that every guitar has its own space.
I liked how you EQd your gtrs, you really made the trick "boost a lot of top-end and catch it with LPF" work!

meLoCo_go
October 11th, 2009, 11:29 AM
The cavernous back vox is just the "aardy vox", pasted and time stretched with that elastic audio and some very basic things i don't remember (I can do a search if you want). To strengthen the "funny" aspect.
That's a good use of Elastic audio)

AndyGallas
October 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I liked how you EQd your gtrs, you really made the trick "boost a lot of top-end and catch it with LPF" work!

Thanks, glad you like it! Oh yeah I forgot the eqs. I attached some screenshots from the guitars- and the B3-settings in the rockpart.

hiphopdaddy
October 17th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I was looking in the wrong thread. Sorry.