PDA

View Full Version : Midas: Now another way to say "B-e-h-r-i-n-g-e-r"

clicktrack
December 9th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Hans. Calling Hans.

Behringer's Holding Company Acquires Midas & KT (http://www.behringerdownload.de/News/Press-Releases/2009_12_01_archive.html)

:icon_eek:

So does the quality of Midas reflect downwards to improve Behringer, or does Behringer's manufacturing practises cause Midas to go downhill.

Place your bets now.

David Aurora
December 9th, 2009, 12:11 AM
:Confused::Confused:

i wonder how this will play out over the next few years.....

clicktrack
December 9th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Lets just say that if I were investing in gear infrastructure and planning on putting in a Midas/KT product...

...I'd be having second thoughts right about now.

David Aurora
December 9th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Lets just say that if I were investing in gear infrastructure and planning on putting in a Midas/KT product...

...I'd be having second thoughts right about now.

+1

bunnerabb
December 9th, 2009, 01:52 AM
:Confused::Confused:

i wonder how this will play out over the next few years.....

Can you say "Harman Group"?

That's how.

A series of empty badges and not much behind it.

dwoz
December 9th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Oh, CEO-speak:

While we plan to invest considerable resources and support in these brands, we also look forward to learning from the achievements of their engineers and working with them to take BEHRINGER and all of the MUSIC Group brands to a new level.”

which I take to mean:

rape rape pillage and rape. That midas badge is going to be on anything with a knob on it.

The brands will continue to operate autonomously under the leadership of John Oakley while benefiting from the synergies of our combined efforts. All brands will take advantage of the MUSIC Group’s extensive resources and industry-leading competencies including product development, lifecycle management, supply chain and logistics.”

allow me to translate?

The brands will continue to operate autonomously under the token v.p./dead-man-walking, John Oakley, while benefiting from the synergies of our combined efforts. All employees not directly involved in design work will be jettisoned.”

dwoz

John Eppstein
December 9th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Oh, CEO-speak:

Quote:
While we plan to invest considerable resources and support in these brands, we also look forward to learning from the achievements of their engineers and working with them to take BEHRINGER and all of the MUSIC Group brands to a new level.”

which I take to mean:

Quote:
rape rape pillage and rape. That midas badge is going to be on anything with a knob on it.

Quote:
The brands will continue to operate autonomously under the leadership of John Oakley while benefiting from the synergies of our combined efforts. All brands will take advantage of the MUSIC Group’s extensive resources and industry-leading competencies including product development, lifecycle management, supply chain and logistics.”

allow me to translate?

Quote:
The brands will continue to operate autonomously under the token v.p./dead-man-walking, John Oakley, while benefiting from the synergies of our combined efforts. All employees not directly involved in design work will be jettisoned.”
dwoz

Sadly, I'd say you're probably dead on.

Wonder if it'll make my "Pre-Behringer" Venice worth more to "collectors"?:Roll eyes::Uh oh:

eagan
December 9th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Sounds like everybody has this in what I'm guessing is the right perspective.

It sure looks to me like a case of "buy a name, the name has magic powers". A brand name has a certain respect, so if you take that name and slap it on any old piece of shit, people will flock to it because of the name.

Never mind any considerations of the idea that a brand name got a decent amount of respect based on some quality, and if you stick that name on crap, it's still crap.

It sounds like a case of "farewell, Midas, it was nice to know ye".

JLE

bunnerabb
December 9th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Coca Cola figured it out years ago.

Everybody else is just playing catch up.

You don't sell the product, you sell the romance.

TSTW
December 9th, 2009, 05:22 PM
What's gonna happen to my klark teknik's if they needs repairing.

Fantastic.

bunnerabb
December 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM

Fantastic.

Somewhere in your town, in a small basement or storefront is a guy with a soldering iron, scopes, sine wave generators and 23948758934 shelves full of NOS and and legacy parts and the phone number of actual techs on speed dial who has manuals, LEDs, faders and heat sink compound and silver/tin/lead solder who can fix anything that plugs into a wall and makes noise.

Find this man.

Give him your money.

clicktrack
December 9th, 2009, 06:55 PM
QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bunnerabb;236183]

Find this man.

Give him your money.

Or just buy the newest Behringer knockoff. Its much cheaper and it sounds the same!

Right?

Doesn't it?

<crickets>

Jason Phair
December 10th, 2009, 04:59 AM
The EuroPro-40....with a tooooooooob!

pounce
December 10th, 2009, 05:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2be6jGwLoJ0

Tim Halligan
December 10th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I wonder about the inevitability of this...

Midas gets Dynacord to manufacture the Venice series...and the Verona series IIRC...and possibly the Sienna series...

The "Legend" series is almost universally abhorred by the live sound fraternity...from the layout to the sound...

And now the "joining of the giants"...

It seems to have been a long slow downward spiral.

Cheers,
Tim

ManRoom Studio
December 11th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I suppose they couldn't have picked a more appropriate company to purchase, if Behringer's intent was to prove that they have the "Midas touch" in reverse.

The ManRoom