PDA

View Full Version : I'm totally digging "Loves & Lullabies" by Dragon & Rosebud (JG)

Tim Armstrong
February 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/loves-lullabies/id419363443

Really great, pretty much just piano and voice.

...and of course, THAT voice!

You are all that and a side of onion rings, girl...

Tim

Aardvark
February 10th, 2011, 10:54 PM
J.G. and Bob have got a sweet and symbiotic relationship that is truly well captured on this latest record... and I am not just saying that because they are sponsors for Seg 3 of the latest MMRS!

I might be saying it to help ensure I get to play on their next one.:Wink:

Cheers,
Aardvark

MacGregor
February 10th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Really great, pretty much just piano and voice.

...and of course, THAT voice!

You are all that and a side of onion rings, girl...

Tim

I can't listen to it on iTube, but the excerpts over at Reverbnation (http://www.reverbnation.com/dragonandrosebud) are really great :Thumbsup:

Not sure about this Aardvark guy erasing and replacing your voice on the next album, though.

FanMac

J.G.
February 10th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks, Guys! TRES appreciated. :)

And Aard, when'll you be back in Paris--or will we have to dial you and your parts in long-distance-like?

: J

nobby
February 11th, 2011, 01:01 AM
I can't listen to it on iTube, but the excerpts over at Reverbnation (http://www.reverbnation.com/dragonandrosebud) are really great :Thumbsup:

+1 :Thumbsup: :Coolio:

Eventually I'll have to transfer my songs out of itunes. Having to load QT and remove it when it hijacks my pee sea with bloatware is a time consuming PITA. There used to be a QT alternative that you could use but I haven't found one that works lately.

Droolbucket
February 11th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Wow.............................wow.

"Here I Am" gave me goosebumps I haven't had since Karen Carpenter.

J.G., I am SEVERELY impressed.

Tim, thanks for posting this.

I'm an incredible luddite.... I still buy CD's. I'm gonna have to get an iTunes account just for this album.

Wow.

TheNetStudio
February 11th, 2011, 04:15 AM

J.G., I am SEVERELY impressed.

Tim, thanks for posting this.

I'm an incredible luddite.... I still buy CD's. I'm gonna have to get an iTunes account just for this album.

Wow.

Thank goodness I wasn't the first one to say it. J.G. has all the pathos that Karen Carpenter had, and the pipes to match.

Lovely... Lovely... Lovely...

J.G.
February 11th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Cheers much, gents, my inner Karen Carpenter thanks you!

And as far as I know, the album is also available already on other non-itunes stores, including Amazon link here.
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004N53R9O/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1297379291&sr=8-1-catcorr)

Hope that's more do-able, it's lower in price too, I see.

MacGregor
February 11th, 2011, 10:44 AM

Never gonna happen. Before I'd open an iTunes account I'll catch the train to Paris, invite Mrs. Grande for a nice Café au lait, and get my personal copy.
After all, it's a 2 hours ride from my location.

Mac

TubaSolo
February 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I'm really glad you guys like it... it was really exciting to mix just voice and piano for a change. And humbling. Hope I didn't fuck it up too badly.

Mr Boisadan, beside a great friend, is a true dyed-in-the-wool composer, the kind of guy who'll keep sending you stunning melodic ideas, gem after gem, day in day out. I hate him! :lol:

G cubed
February 11th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Very Nice indeed!! I really like the style in which you express the vocal imagery. :Thumbsup:

Droolbucket
February 11th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Never gonna happen. Before I'd open an iTunes account I'll catch the train to Paris, invite Mrs. Grande for a nice Café au lait, and get my personal copy.
After all, it's a 2 hours ride from my location.

Mac

Well, how much would it cost to have, say, an autographed CD shipped to Amurica? I'd be interested!

clicktrack
February 11th, 2011, 02:16 PM
And Aard, when'll you be back in Paris--or will we have to dial you and your parts in long-distance-like?

Oh, lady J.

You should know by now.

You should know that you need to be VERY specific with Aardy.
Otherwise you'll probably be a little shocked at what parts he delivers to be thrust upon beautiful Paris.

Love the album...passing it on to everyone!

Cheers

J.G.
February 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Heheh, yesss, I shoulda known better, Clicky! (And to think, I almost wrote, "upsidown parts"!)

Glad you like the album enough to spread the word, CHEERS.

Wide-O
February 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Mr Boisadan, beside a great friend, is a true dyed-in-the-wool composer, the kind of guy who'll keep sending you stunning melodic ideas, gem after gem, day in day out. I hate him! :lol:

How could one NOT hate that man! Someone who doesn't really play guitar, but then grabs one anyway, holds it upside down/mirrored, and then can play anything you ask him... gaaaahh!!! :grin:

I could not believe my eyes. Stupéfait. :headpalm:

Anyway, I truly hope this album goes viral (in a legal way, I might add). :Thumbsup:

J.G.
February 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks, W.!

And yes, Bob truly ROCKS.

Boom.

And yahoooo: we're now four songs strong on the next album!

Just wrote the fourth today in fact.

TubaSolo
February 15th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Bump!

Heh heh

:grin:

nobby
February 15th, 2011, 11:43 PM

Thank goodness I wasn't the first one to say it. J.G. has all the pathos that Karen Carpenter had, and the pipes to match.

Great minds think alike.

http://thewombforums.com/showpost.php?p=301182&postcount=16