PDA

View Full Version : "Let's all go to the lobby....."

Senap
February 20th, 2011, 12:32 PM
My control room is really small and when I have bands in the studio it can get pretty cramped in there. Can't fit a big old sofa in there and I don't want to get uncomfy, ugly IKEA foldable chairs either.

So... I looked through the local classifieds yesterday and found an excellent AND beautiful solution. Movie theather chairs! Three of them for cheaps!

Picked them up today. Looks like they are 50's or 60's but in really good condition. Works great!

"Two Indian Pale Ale and a large popcorn to row 19 please!"

:vuvu: :vuvu: :vuvu:

MKZ
February 20th, 2011, 12:49 PM
That's awesome, dude. Sometimes you just happen to look in the right place at the right time.

Mo Facta
February 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM
A nostalgic and elegant solution. I'm sold!

Can I get a 64 ounce Cherry Coke and some Milk Duds with that mix, please?

Cheers :)

MacGregor
February 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Movie theather chairs!

Great idea :Thumbsup:

I'd add a cup holder on each side (and if it's a smoking studio, an ashtray) for convenience.

Mac

Tim Halligan
February 20th, 2011, 01:43 PM

What he said!

:D

Cheers,
Tim

Knastratt
February 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM
-"Can the audience in chair nr 19 please shut the fuck up and stop harassing the mixer guy!"

Get a megaphone (bullhorn) as well! :vuvu:

Goes211
February 20th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Beautiful.
I'd love to get my hands on a row of used business class airplane seats.

Barish
February 20th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hey I could make money out of that feature. :very happy: Thanks for the heads up :Thumbsup:

Senap
February 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
-"Can the audience in chair nr 19 please shut the fuck up and stop harassing the mixer guy!"

Get a megaphone (bullhorn) as well! :vuvu:

Number 19 is always the drummers chair. I'll get a prerecorded loop going "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up" "Seat 19. Shut up"

Senap
February 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Beautiful.

...and a stewardess. I want one of those tiny Coke cans and a tiny Bacardi please.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

No. You're still playing like crap.

Senap
February 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM

Can I get a 64 ounce Cherry Coke and some Milk Duds with that mix, please?

Cheers :)

You can.

Do you want me to spike the Coke with some rum?

MKZ
February 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
...and a stewardess. I want one of those tiny Coke cans and a tiny Bacardi please.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

No. You're still playing like crap.

But you know those, eye-blinder-go-to-sleep thingies would be great though.

I'm starting to think the worstest of worst part about ITB mixing is having to look at the goddamn screen, even though I've never really mixed analog. But, it's like playing an instrument and having to, not even look at your fingers, but to look at a screen. Terrible.

It's even worse when your client is there looking at the screen with you. One person has to retain the ability to "hear," hence the eye-blinder-airplane-go-to-sleep-but-can't-because-my-stomach-is-hurting-from-the-pressure-thingies.

Keks
February 20th, 2011, 08:51 PM
...and a stewardess.

A used stewardess?

:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Well, to each his own...

:Roll eyes:

all the best,
the keks

Senap
February 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
But you know those, eye-blinder-go-to-sleep thingies would be great though.

True.

Come to think of it.... the whole security and safety thing the stewardesses go through before liftoff... we shold be doing that too.

"We are going to autotune you ass, beatdective your ass and make you sound almost decent. But that's not going to save your ass on your next live gig. Put on your lifevest and strap. You're going down."

Senap
February 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
A used stewardess?

:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Well, to each his own...

:Roll eyes:

all the best,
the keks

He he. Well.... I've seen some in mint condition.

MKZ
February 20th, 2011, 09:03 PM
True.

Come to think of it.... the whole security and safety thing the stewardesses go through before liftoff... we shold be doing that too.

"We are going to autotune you ass, beatdective your ass and make you sound almost decent. But that's not going to save your ass on your next live gig. Put on your lifevest and strap. You're going down."

Yes!

In fact, I would recommend that before you buy any bass traps or diffusers or any of that non sense, try mixing with a life vest on. The way the reflections act is amazing, plus you won't hurt yourself when you fall off the chair at the end of a long day. (Or because you just heard the most ridiculous vocal performance ever)

Also if you have a difficult client you could always give him/her one of them airplane three-pin connector headphone sets to play with. Tell 'em "if you figure out how to plug this in your disc man, I'll give you a hot towel and a bag of nuts"

Starfucker
February 21st, 2011, 01:10 AM
Beautiful.

Motormusic has them. The coolest thing about airplane seats is that clients fall asleep in them very easily.

sqkychair
February 22nd, 2011, 05:48 AM
sweet!

Those theater chairs are awesome! I hope they are nice and squeaky.:very happy:

IK Obi
February 27th, 2011, 03:53 AM
They look awesome! Did you have to screw them into the floor at all?