PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's American Idol..... GEEZIZ!!!

radiationroom
March 2nd, 2011, 03:37 AM
And this is what passes as music today? The guy who just butchered "Light My Fire" sounded like someone was choking a crow.... :Confused: :headpalm: :lol: :Thumbdown:

cozmicslop
March 2nd, 2011, 04:40 AM

nobby
March 2nd, 2011, 05:37 AM
Relax Coz... he said choking a crow, not choking a gopher.

:grin:

jerryskid
March 2nd, 2011, 05:52 AM
I listen to the radio.....it's nicer..

radiationroom
March 2nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
I listen to the radio.....it's nicer..

Sometimes sitting on the throne and farting a few times is a more musically satisfying experience than what passes for music radio in the Harrisburg/York/Lancaster PA metro area.

weedywet
March 2nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
And this is what passes as music today? The guy who just butchered "Light My Fire" sounded like someone was choking a crow.... :Confused: :headpalm: :lol: :Thumbdown:

Ah. So just like the original then...

eagan
March 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
American Idol?

Is that thing still going?

Let's just remember that every minute spent in front of a television witnessing the dog and pony show spectacle of American Idol is a minute of your life you will never get back.

JLE

radiationroom
March 2nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
Let's just remember that every minute spent in front of a television witnessing the dog and pony show spectacle of American Idol is a minute of your life you will never get back.

Yah. But what the wife decides to watch is what the wife decides to watch. You wanna plead my case to her?

Tim Halligan
March 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Yah. But what the wife decides to watch is what the wife decides to watch. You wanna plead my case to her?

She can watch what she wants to watch.

You don't have to.

Exercise your option. :lol:

Cheers,
Tim

Cary Chilton
March 3rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
American Idol is FUCKING brilliant this season. Sure that little fruity wanker killed the Doors' classic... so you pick the worst performance? There has NEVER been this much talent on Idol to date. GEEEEEEEEEEZZZ

PRobb
March 3rd, 2011, 06:17 PM

You don't have to.

Exercise your option. :lol:

Cheers,
Tim

Never been married, have you.:Roll eyes:

Tim Halligan
March 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Never been married, have you.:Roll eyes:

No.

I still have my testicles.

:lol:

Cheers,
Tim

radiationroom
March 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM

You don't have to.

Exercise your option.

I wish to remain married. Not watching evening TV with one's wife in the United States is grounds for divorce.

sqkychair
March 3rd, 2011, 07:25 PM
I wish to remain married. Not watching evening TV with one's wife in the United States is grounds for divorce.

radiation,
I feel your pain. My wife and kids sometimes make me watch this as well.
Remember, Idol has a good track record and a bunch of marketing support. Their winners have taken home some impressive awards here and there.

Now, the only thing I am finding interesting about this season is:

* How HOT Jennifer Lopez is. I had forgotten. She fell off my radar for a while.

* How coherent Steven Tyler is. I truly expected him to be Ozzy. My respect for him has gone way up. Also, out of the three judges...let's face it. He is really the big dog on the panel.
He's a genuine rock star for God's sake.

Damage, Inc.
March 4th, 2011, 02:11 AM

No doubt. I don't understand why it's better for us to watch TV together, but I find it easier to watch something I dislike than turn it into a fight. Luckily my wife hates American Idol.

There's a great argument for turning the channel if you don't like the program, but what gets me is that obviously a whole bunch of powerful people in the industry think these assholes DESERVE to be on TV. That's what sticks in my craw. I don't think I will ever forgive the show for putting William Hung on air.

Tim Halligan
March 4th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Ok...the marriage thing aside...

Just remember that programmes like Idol's sole purpose is to get the viewing audience to make expensive phone calls or send expensive text messages.

These shows have very little to do with music.

Cheers,
Tim

Dr. Bob
March 4th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Ok...the marriage thing aside...

Just remember that programmes like Idol's sole purpose is to get the viewing audience to make expensive phone calls or send expensive text messages.

These shows have very little to do with music.

Cheers,
Tim

hmmmm... sounds oddly like most over the air and cable media....

DannyTheDimbulb
March 4th, 2011, 10:46 AM
My fianceť occasionally makes me watch this crap, too. And I don't even get to enjoy Steven Tyler, because I am in Europe and "American Idol" works differently here: Our "Talent" has even less talent than yours (on and off stage).

About five years ago, I picked up a book by Ben Elton. It's called "Chart Throb" and is to talent shows what "The Adventures Of Mixerman" is to Bitchslap.

I read it again while my girl whatched her no-Talent show. It was a trip! Like watching Hour Of Power and listening to Devil Driver at the same time.

nobby
March 5th, 2011, 08:53 AM
American Idle:

One more reason to stay single.