PDA

View Full Version : Vocal Rider Fun, P.S. read the book

cwatkins
March 9th, 2011, 03:08 AM
So, I did just read the book and because I understood
most of the pain having been their myself in many of the
situations I am glad somebody wrote a book.

I can never figure out when you're guys radio shows will be
next and they don't seem to be dated so that's just constructive criticism.

Anyway;

In the theme of experimentation; I hadn't seen anyone suggest it
and since I hadn't got a chance to try the vocal riders yet I did finally and I surprised to see nobody suggest using them across the entire mix. (I mean come on, in today's robot world why not.)

I be devil's advocate however; In PT9 I took a grammy mix I had access to; put everything at default, LCR mixed the elements did a drums, everything else and vocal mix and put
Vocal rider on all three elements.
(I thought about only on two; but while going all the way, why not.)
So; I left everything default; I did give the drums +3 overall gain on the rider fader and with the vocal. (Because those are
my overall preferences in general) and;
It produced what I would say is better than most people who
have been trying to take a wack at it for a couple of years;
Just because it seemed to get some of the elements right and mysteriously setup the sections cause somehow it defaulted big to small; Now whether or not it works on mudvayne I don't know but I'm thinking it general it would.

Now this of course takes any shread of fun left out of anything left that we do and if people started using this as a rough and god forbid I suggest it..

Anyway; I might have been a bit behind in trying the devilsh thing and for that you may call me ignorant; but I partially
avoided it for a long time on purpose... Cause I knew
there was no logical or physics or programmable reason why it
would not or could not become as good as melodyne or what the red autotune turned into..
And slippy I did have that red autotune! Cause I was the redheaded stepchild that used steinberg products!
and 57's do rock. especially live.
It would be nice to know when you're shows are to be released, etc..

Aardvark
March 9th, 2011, 03:33 AM

The MMRS is released on a very specific and scientifically designed schedule known only to a few select humans for security purpose.

It is based on the Heisenberg principle so there are inherent difficulties in describing the two essential properties involved but if it helps there is another in the hopper waiting to be released at the pleasure of Mr. Pimp.

I would imagine another day or two and viola!

Cheers,
Aardvark

John Eppstein
March 9th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Anyway;

In the theme of experimentation; I hadn't seen anyone suggest it
and since I hadn't got a chance to try the vocal riders yet I did finally and I surprised to see nobody suggest using them across the entire mix. (I mean come on, in today's robot world why not.)

I be devil's advocate however; In PT9 I took a grammy mix I had access to; put everything at default, LCR mixed the elements did a drums, everything else and vocal mix and put
Vocal rider on all three elements.
(I thought about only on two; but while going all the way, why not.)
So; I left everything default; I did give the drums +3 overall gain on the rider fader and with the vocal. (Because those are
my overall preferences in general) and;
It produced what I would say is better than most people who
have been trying to take a wack at it for a couple of years;
Just because it seemed to get some of the elements right and mysteriously setup the sections cause somehow it defaulted big to small; Now whether or not it works on mudvayne I don't know but I'm thinking it general it would.

Now this of course takes any shread of fun left out of anything left that we do and if people started using this as a rough and god forbid I suggest it..

Anyway; I might have been a bit behind in trying the devilsh thing and for that you may call me ignorant; but I partially
avoided it for a long time on purpose... Cause I knew
there was no logical or physics or programmable reason why it
would not or could not become as good as melodyne or what the red autotune turned into..
And slippy I did have that red autotune! Cause I was the redheaded stepchild that used steinberg products!
and 57's do rock. especially live.

You are trying to be funny, aren't you?

otek
March 9th, 2011, 05:48 AM
So, I did just read the book.... [etc.]

So William Carlos Williams rose from the dead and took up audio production.

Who'da thunk? :D

otek

Fulcrum
March 9th, 2011, 07:43 AM
So William Carlos Williams rose from the dead and took up audio production.

Who'da thunk? :D

Hm, I thought at first it was Don Marquis.

Aardy, violas are rather nasal.. can we have a cello instead?

cwatkins
March 9th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah, it was questionable wasn't it.
Where did I over embellish?

MacGregor
March 9th, 2011, 10:52 PM

...It is based on the Heisenberg principle so there are inherent difficulties in describing the two essential properties involved...

In other words, as soon as someone knows WHEN it'll be released nobody would know WHERE it (or the dude who mixes it) is. At least not by arbitrarily precision.

If someone would know both the universe would implode.

Mac

otek
March 9th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Yeah, it was questionable wasn't it.
Where did I over embellish?

It

was mostly your meter and

............................... line disposition.

:D

OnlyonemanlikeacityTek

weedywet
March 9th, 2011, 11:26 PM
and 57's do rock.

or, are rather like a rock, in terms of usefulness.

John Eppstein
March 11th, 2011, 05:01 AM
or, are rather like a rock, in terms of usefulness.

Rocks can be highly useful devices. I recently viewed a very interesting BBC program on stone age technology.