PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mike Starr (original Alice in Chains bassist)

meLoCo_go
March 9th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Sadly not very surprising.

Waltz Mastering
March 9th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Very sad news R.I.P.

Johnny
March 9th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I know someone he dated back in the day. He was troubled then. Sorry to hear this.

Unfcknblvbl
March 9th, 2011, 03:52 PM

RIP

Carlo
March 9th, 2011, 05:46 PM
The good die young...and hard...RIP.

E. Shaun
March 9th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Another man in the box.

I just don't understand the need for some of these successful musicians to even use that junk in the first place, let alone use it to excess. A little dope never hurt anybody, but everybody knows the dangers of the hard stuff.

Cary Chilton
March 9th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Actually it was surprising. After watch Dr Drew's season, Starr was miles ahead from where he crawled from. Mended fences and got closure with Nancy Staley and healed a bunch emotionally. I really thought he was on his way.

gonzo-x
March 9th, 2011, 10:20 PM
yea, when he got busted a couple of weeks back, it was all in the local news...

the said he had moved to salt lake, but i was unclear as to what he was really up to..

bummer.
mr. mackie had it right, about them drugs.

and you'd think, Layne would have offered the perfect cautionary tale.

RIP

cwatkins
March 12th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Perhaps,
He got all that closer, got a clear look at the other side,
the sober side and said. (he did *seem* happy at times for *TV*, probably to pay for drugs later.)
(There have been car accidents after that show and lots of usage; obviously the people aren't as cheery as the "cut" makes them look after a retake.)
I'm sure if he did get sober he said what alot of them do;
F$$$ THAT S$$$.

(ah, I forgot I'm sure we can embellish here,
but rather than reading rules I'm just polite everywhere,
sue me.) (this is bound to pissof$ somebody who's lost somebody anyhow and I've lost a couple.)

Which is a reasonable and logic reaction given that given the proper amount of drugs he had no pain or emotion and thus no letdown.

Now, you might think my statement and my comment and at odds; but they are not. If I am forced to face a end the current situation and choose life as I did know it, just re tasted it and you guys experience it everyday,
Or
#2 a complete end to things;

and not keep things as they are, which obviously are working to SOME degree then I will choose a complete end to life.
Ask anyone with chronic pain, anyone, with true chronic pain will hands down tell you cure the pain, I don't care how.

Now;

The only the *ONLY* difference is that science says that we can cure long term emotionally caused pain, by a couple weeks of councelling and a TV show and some cash or a variety of other methods. Forget that the wound you suffered at 12 has been rotting and growing for 30 years and thus obviously getting bigger.

Dr's also consider opiate overdose one of the most sane ways
to kill somebody and I would think for a user, that's even better
cause they could ease into it and actually enjoy it.

But hey; that's just me. But I tend to be devil's advocate and always try to look for the other point of view too.

So; I saw the regular comment that people are stupid to use; well; in a angle I see that; but there are alot of angles you
don't consider when you say that.

Carlo
March 13th, 2011, 10:03 AM
at's just me. But I tend to be devil's advocate and always try to look for the other point of view too.

So; I saw the regular comment that people are stupid to use; well; in a angle I see that; but there are alot of angles you
don't consider when you say that.

I don't read anyone saying anything but RIP...

ParamB
March 14th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Perhaps,
The only the *ONLY* difference is that science says that we can cure long term emotionally caused pain, by a couple weeks of councelling and a TV show and some cash or a variety of other methods. Forget that the wound you suffered at 12 has been rotting and growing for 30 years and thus obviously getting bigger.

No. Science does not say this. Maybe this is the general impression of the media that no one seems to question, but from a seat where I see the media usually butcher what science does say,this is bullshit. If you actually have a science source(not Entertainment Tonight) please provide a reference. And remember when providing a citation, one shitty article in a popular science rag does not equal a peer reviewed article that represents the consensus opinion of a bunch of sciencey guys.

And yeah, all I really saw was a few posters registering their condolences/regrets taken out of context.

John Eppstein
March 15th, 2011, 11:55 PM
It an unfortunately frequent phenomenon when somebody finishes a course of rehab only to promptly OD because they forget that their tolerance has dropped sharply. It's just a stupid accident. If we had legal drugs with medical supervision/counseling rather than this idiotic puritan mania for "curing" addicts we'd see a lot less of it and a lot of creative people would still be alive. Such a waste.....