PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts Thread

Pimp-X
March 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Alright, whoever keeps calling me from the 718, you can stop now. It's THE WRONG NUMBER GODDAMNIT.

This has been a random public service announcement.

Please return your chairs to the reclined position.

TSTW
March 18th, 2011, 09:39 AM
We receive, regularly, to our landline telephone number, people trying to ring into a radio station to enter competitions.

Sunrise is an 0845 number. No similarity at all to our home number. The operator say its the fault of the radio station. The radio station say its the operator.

We leave it unplugged these days.

MacGregor
March 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I once had a random thought, got drunk and horrible things happened.

Never gonna let that happen again.

Mac

gronk
March 18th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Mrs Howell likes cheese.

Drummerboy
March 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I have the same melody/chord construct coming to my mind at exactly the same spot on my way home late nights. BUT only when I'm in a quite stoned condition. Never could recall it the next morning.
Two days ago this fantastic girl-singer showed up at my SHOP and proceeded to sing that exact melody while playing those exact chords on a piano.
We then spent the next 7 hours building a song out of it and recorded everything. Glad that this melody finally manifested itself :Coolio:

Dogbreath
March 18th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Life is good. :Coolio:

A couple of bucks in my pocket, beer in the fridge, my rubber ducky loves me, got a score of 98 on projectile vomiting, freshly patched blow up doll, newly braided 9 inch butt hairs, my joints are pregnant and my wife's not :grin: , and I just saved money on my car insurance.

yup...

Life is good. :Coolio:

E. Shaun
March 18th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I have the same melody/chord construct coming to my mind at exactly the same spot on my way home late nights. BUT only when I'm in a quite stoned condition. Never could recall it the next morning.
Two days ago this fantastic girl-singer showed up at my SHOP and proceeded to sing that exact melody while playing those exact chords on a piano.
We then spent the next 7 hours building a song out of it and recorded everything. Glad that this melody finally manifested itself :Coolio:

...and then someone finally made a movie about it and titled it Once!

Knastratt
March 18th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I, uhm... Whatever.

jerryskid
March 18th, 2011, 07:02 PM
We receive, regularly, to our landline telephone number, people trying to ring into a radio station to enter competitions.

Sunrise is an 0845 number. No similarity at all to our home number. The operator say its the fault of the radio station. The radio station say its the operator.

We leave it unplugged these days.

When I lived in Huntington WVA my phone number was one digit different from the time and temperature number. When it would ring in the middle of the night I'd answer IT'S FUCKING 4:30!! and hang up....another place I lived the number was almost the same as a pizza place. I used to take orders all the time.......:Roll eyes:

Pimp-X
March 18th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Alright, whoever keeps calling me from the 718, you can stop now. It's THE WRONG NUMBER GODDAMNIT.

Ha, finally they called when I wasn't asleep or busy and it was some stressed out woman looking for Chris. I told her that Chris had moved to philly to live under a bridge and therefore to not call me anymore.

That'll learn me for being in the 323.

tannoy
March 18th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Two days ago this fantastic girl-singer showed up at my SHOP ...

You own a shop ? What do you sell ??

Marco

PRobb
March 18th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I once had an argument with a wrong number.

Caller- Can I speak to Dan?
Me- I think you have the wrong number.
- This is a plumbing supply house, right?
- No, it's a music production facility.
- But is Dan there?
- No, you have the wrong number.
- But you sell plumbing, right?
- No, you have the wrong number.

It got to be surreal. I was wondering how long the guy would argue with me. Turns out the answer was a surprisingly long time.:lol:

eagan
March 18th, 2011, 10:53 PM
If I were a frog, and had wings, I wouldn't bump my ass on the ground when I moved from place to place.

Everybody who uses an apostrophe when making a word plural must be destroyed.

I like pizza.

Um... I guess that's it for now.

JLE

Spock
March 19th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Best wrong number story...

This from a guy that started work in the teleco shops in the 1940s.

Family in Chicago was getting lots of odd calls. People were trying to book meeting and ballrooms at a large downtown hotel. They contacted to phone company to see if they were get somehow transferred to them. Turns out the hotel had misprinted the number in tons of marketing information.

The family, asked, then begged and pleaded for them to change it as the number of calls at all hours was getting larger. The hotel didn't want to pay to reprint things or have the phone company swap numbers, etc.

So they started just taking the calls and tell people, "Yes sure, a wedding reception for 400 in the grand ballroom on June 10th is all booked for you."

Come a few months later when folks showed up to find out nothing was booked, they and the hotel were pissed. It didn't take long for the hotel to figure out what had been happening, so they did what and business would do and sued the family.

It never got court because the family kept records, and copies of the letters to and from the hotel from trying to correct the issue.

The hotel got sued by people, lost customers and also had to spend the money they didn't want to pay to reprint things and get the phone company to reassign numbers.

Unfcknblvbl
March 19th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Everybody who uses an apostrophe when making a word plural must be destroyed.

Let me add to this - if you spell definitely with an "a" or loser with more than one "o", you too must be destroyed.

P.S. Black Flag's "Damaged" is still an amazing record.
P.P.S. Have a blessed Lent.

Drummerboy
March 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM
...and then someone finally made a movie about it and titled it Once!

Never seen it, but now I know what I will rent for my next movie night.

You own a shop ? What do you sell ??

SHOP is my preferred nomenclature for Studio. It's written in capital letters to emphasize this fact.

:weedstore:

tannoy
March 19th, 2011, 10:43 PM
SHOP is my preferred nomenclature for Studio. It's written in capital letters to emphasize this fact.

Yeah. I considered that possibility, to be honest. Was just shitting you - more like a pure rhetorical question....wasn't really funny and shit, so...sorry.

:grin::weedstore:

Marco

MacGregor
March 19th, 2011, 11:31 PM

Never understood this 'SHOP' thing. Before I knew who Slipperman was I actually thought he was working in some Banjo Center kinda shop, selling Banjos to plank spanker wannabees and making the odd record here or there.

I mean, iTunes is a record shop, they don't produce, just sell. BBM is a record STUDIO. I would never pay for SHOP-time.

I guess Slippy's just not up to the lingo.

Mac

Droolbucket
March 20th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Early in the morning, coffee doesn't have to be freshly ground, or an expensive roast, or prepared in an obscenely expensive gadget.

It just has to be COFFEE (and lots of it).

Pimp-X
April 1st, 2011, 12:07 AM
So yeah, uh, what have I been doing for the last 3 months? Anyone?

I have no idea and now it's April.

radiationroom
April 1st, 2011, 12:55 AM
Years ago at a place I worked at we used to get hang-up calls pretty routinely. Turns out the hang-up calls were from thieves trying to figure out when they could attempt a hit with no one around.

zakco
April 1st, 2011, 02:33 AM
Never understood this 'SHOP' thing.

My shop was once a shop.

Knastratt
April 1st, 2011, 09:04 AM
It's fun when you get a wrong number phone call at 2 AM. The caller will without exception ask if I got disturbed by the call and I always answer: "No, had to go up and answer anyway". :)

Pimp-X
April 1st, 2011, 09:42 AM
Man like beer.

frnjplayer
April 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Man like beer.

You're easily drunk?

PRobb
April 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Man like beer.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
-Benjamin Franklin