PDA

View Full Version : Willie Nelson's got a court date.....

G. Hoffman
March 29th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Sing for your sentence: Texas prosecutor suggests Willie Nelson sing in court after pot charge (http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/118852869.html).

Creative prosecutor, and it's not like you'll ever get Willie to stop smoking!!!!

Gabriel

nobby
March 29th, 2011, 11:04 PM
"Bloodshot, Squinty, Glazed Eyes Crying in the Rain"

:weedstore: :grin: :weedstore:

cozmicslop
March 30th, 2011, 12:04 AM
They really need to stop fuckin' with that old man.

It's getting pretty tired...

wtf

Hasn't he done enough for his country?

No pun intended...

G. Hoffman
March 30th, 2011, 02:57 AM
They really need to stop fuckin' with that old man.

It's getting pretty tired...

wtf

Hasn't he done enough for his country?

No pun intended...

Given his record, they ARE bending the law pretty damn far in his benefit!

Gabriel

cozmicslop
March 30th, 2011, 04:06 AM
No, they are bending the law to fuck with him.

And millions of other decent souls that find joy and peace in a puff.

Law was, I was 3/5th a citizen.
Law was, it was illegal for me to read, vote, marry out of my race, work certain places, live certain places.

Be across the railroad tracks past dusk.

A law not IN the public interest is AGAINST the public interest.

Jim Crow was a good idea and good law for some wack-assed idiots all about suppressing someone else's freedom. Today's marijuana laws sprang from the same idiotic, racist mindset.

Alcohol is legal. Not now. Now it is again.

Why does this nation have the highest incarceration rate on the entire earth? Jailing people for getting high? Might be law. But it ain't good law. It doesn't serve the public good.

It's wasteful. What good does it do packing people in prison for a natural instinct?

There are still laws in some states that can jail you for licking your wife's va-jay-jay.

Like I said, they need to stop fucking with that old man.

G. Hoffman
March 30th, 2011, 08:08 AM
No, they are bending the law to fuck with him.

And millions of other decent souls that find joy and peace in a puff.

Law was, I was 3/5th a citizen.
Law was, it was illegal for me to read, vote, marry out of my race, work certain places, live certain places.

Be across the railroad tracks past dusk.

A law not IN the public interest is AGAINST the public interest.

Jim Crow was a good idea and good law for some wack-assed idiots all about suppressing someone else's freedom. Today's marijuana laws sprang from the same idiotic, racist mindset.

Alcohol is legal. Not now. Now it is again.

Why does this nation have the highest incarceration rate on the entire earth? Jailing people for getting high? Might be law. But it ain't good law. It doesn't serve the public good.

It's wasteful. What good does it do packing people in prison for a natural instinct?

There are still laws in some states that can jail you for licking your wife's va-jay-jay.

Like I said, they need to stop fucking with that old man.

Not trying to argue the various advantages or not of the law - though I must say that comparing substance prohibition to Jim Crow or slavery is a particularly weak argument, the former being a personal choice, and the latter two being decidedly NOT; also, the moral implications of prohibition are not nearly as weighty as for any form of apartheid - simply pointing out that the people responsible for enforcing said law are being rather accommodating.

Gabriel

cozmicslop
March 30th, 2011, 08:25 AM
sorry Gabe...indeed you are.

Still....

Bushwackin' MFs

Grrrrrrrrrr

MKZ
March 30th, 2011, 04:38 PM
LOL they played a clip of Snoop Dogg commenting and being pissed off about the charges on Hollywood Babble-On.

It was probably the audio from this
5_ZSKkurmG4

J.G.
March 30th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Go Snoop.

Licensed-up, even.

"On my mind", indeeeeed...

: J

Barish
March 31st, 2011, 04:44 PM
ROTFL at Snoop's take at this, ab-solutely f@kin' rock'n'roll :D

Given his record, they ARE bending the law pretty damn far in his benefit!

Gabriel

Who wouldn't if one was given one of his records...

B.

Smileyblue
April 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
The powers that be should just leave Willie alone. Let the guy smoke what he wants....hell, let everyone smoke what they want...it's their bodies...it's really starting to piss me off that the Government thinks they know what's best for the us and in doing so, decide they are gonna try and overtax the product or legislate the shit out of it....... Hey if we wanna do stuff that is gonna kill us, that our decision don't yah think?

G. Hoffman
April 5th, 2011, 08:50 PM
The powers that be should just leave Willie alone. Let the guy smoke what he wants....hell, let everyone smoke what they want...it's their bodies...it's really starting to piss me off that the Government thinks they know what's best for the us and in doing so, decide they are gonna try and overtax the product or legislate the shit out of it....... Hey if we wanna do stuff that is gonna kill us, that our decision don't yah think?

Well...except the second hand smoke is going to kill ME, and I've never smoked anything in my life.

Plus, it raises health care costs for everyone.

Gabriel

MKZ
April 5th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Well...except the second hand smoke is going to kill ME

Willie's second hand smoke is gonna kill ya?

How is anyone's second hand smoke gonna kill you?

I mean, it's a different deal if someone's pointing a gun to your head and saying "you! you get in this hot box room"

(I don't know if the "hot box room" is proper stoner terminology)

nobby
April 5th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Well...except the second hand smoke is going to kill ME

The second hand smoke stats are derived from cigarette smoke.

I don't think Willie smokes tobaccy. I think that your chances of dying from second hand Willie Nelson marijuana smoke are less than that of being struck dead by a meteorite and lightning bolt simultaneously. Especially when you tell him to take that nasty thing out of your shop and he never comes back.

And I think it's mostly the other chemicals in cigarettes that are the real problem:

http://www.quitsmokinghub.com/cigarette_ingredients.shtml

G. Hoffman
April 5th, 2011, 11:17 PM
The second hand smoke stats are derived from cigarette smoke.

I don't think Willie smokes tobaccy. I think that your chances of dying from second hand Willie Nelson marijuana smoke are less than that of being struck dead by a meteorite and lightning bolt simultaneously. Especially when you tell him to take that nasty thing out of your shop and he never comes back.

And I think it's mostly the other chemicals in cigarettes that are the real problem:

http://www.quitsmokinghub.com/cigarette_ingredients.shtml

Just playing devil's advocate. Though, to be fair, a single joint has more carcinogens than a single cigarette - you just smoke fewer of them. (Well, maybe not Willie and Snoop, but you get my point...)

Not being fond of putting chemicals in my body (I don't even drink that much), I don't really care one way or another; BUT, I do think that if alcohol and cigarettes are going to be legal, marijuana should be as well. The fact that its not has more to do with our nation's fucked up racial past and the Hearst family than any objective evaluation of its merits and dangers.

Gabriel

otek
April 12th, 2011, 01:03 PM
It's a cultural thing. Over here, marijuana use is marginal compared to in the States. Only very seldom do you see someone lighting up at a party, and even then, it's not considered "socially acceptable" in all circles.

Getting drunk out of your skull generally is, however. :Roll eyes:

AlcOtek

sidechain
April 15th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I'm surprised they don't have the death penalty for that in Texas or at least life without parole.

cozmicslop
April 15th, 2011, 02:20 PM

It's our history of puritanical hypocrisy. We came to these great shores seeking religious freedom. But...

Wont worshsip the way we tell you? Well, we'll drown a few bitches and chase them fuckin Quakers across the mountains over there.

There's no logical reason to continue prohibition.

Barish
April 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM
It's a cultural thing. Over here, marijuana use is marginal compared to in the States. Only very seldom do you see someone lighting up at a party, and even then, it's not considered "socially acceptable" in all circles.

Getting drunk out of your skull generally is, however. :Roll eyes:

AlcOtek

Alas, over there in Morocco, all the weed you can smoke for a dollar, yet you can get a hundred whiplash marks on your back for a sip of booze.

Funny world...

B.

Toonman
April 21st, 2011, 06:55 PM
It's our history of puritanical hypocrisy. We came to these great shores seeking religious freedom. But...

Wont worshsip the way we tell you? Well, we'll drown a few bitches and chase them fuckin Quakers across the mountains over there.

There's no logical reason to continue prohibition.

I don't think it has to do much with the government thinking what's best for the population as it has to do with some people in the government doing gazillions of dollars out of trafficking illegal substances...

blackieC
April 23rd, 2011, 06:14 AM
I'm surprised they don't have the death penalty for that in Texas or at least life without parole.

It depends on the county. If I got caught with a joint near my home, I would likely be made to throw it away and I might get a ticket and a small fine if I was a bit of a dick about it. Were I to drive ten miles north and be caught with a joint, I would be in jail and facing some serious charges.

Not all Texas stereotypes are true. Some, but not all.