PDA

View Full Version : UAD ADAT plugin

Mo Facta
April 2nd, 2011, 07:56 AM
I know it's late for April fools, but this is still a hoot.

Universal Audio to Model Famed ADAT Tape Machine for UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=211582668853278&comments)

Cheers :)

tannoy
April 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
:lol:

Marco

meLoCo_go
April 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Cool!

LogicBand 11 and Slate Digital Fart library were also interesting.

Tim Halligan
April 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
See...the thing is...the best April Fool's Day pranks are those which have an air of plausibility about them.

Clearly nobody with more than one brain cell and functional ears would EVER believe that this could happen.

:lol:

Cheers,
Tim

madtheory
April 2nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
I know it's late for April fools, but this is still a hoot.

Universal Audio to Model Famed ADAT Tape Machine for UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=211582668853278&comments)

Cheers :)
That's a lot of trouble to go to. To get that ADAT sound all you need is a Mackie with the gain set so it's hitting 0dBFS on your converter.

digiengineer
April 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Yep... I'm going to admit it:

I could have used this plug-in a few years ago. I had a show I had to drop some newly recorded sections with specific instructions to "make it sound like the original parts."

I asked "what was the original format? It sounds like a black-face ADAT."

"Bingo."

"Shit."

Luckily, I was able to find one tucked away in a remote storage facility and ran the mix through it.

HOOK
April 2nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Vintage Digital :icon_eek:

....well according to the response on that site to this aprilsfool gag ( I hope!!!:icon_eek:) theres a market for it....:headpalm: what is the world comming to??

Whats next? a Digi 888 plugin? :Roll eyes:

HOOK

radiationroom
April 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Whats next? a Digi 888 plugin? :Roll eyes:

I'm still waiting for someone to invent the talent knob.

PRobb
April 2nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Rock-solid reliability and syncing prowess of the original hardware

I assume that means a two minute delay every time you hit play.

CloseToTheEdge
April 2nd, 2011, 08:33 PM
and it's already available as warez...

zakco
April 3rd, 2011, 12:33 AM
Why settle for an emulation when you can buy the real thing? As a matter of fact, I have one here that I'll sell to the highest (you'd have to be high to want it) bidder!

Z