PDA

View Full Version : A Book in the works...

ajcamlet
April 7th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Uh Oh...... (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/studio-building-acoustics/597124-dear-ethan-glen.html)

madtheory
April 7th, 2011, 07:34 PM
What are we to do? We can only barely control the internet, how will we control libraries? OMG, all those poor noobs. It's a disaster.:lol:

ajcamlet
April 7th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Part of the problem, as i see it, is that he is basically consolidating all of those threads regarding Audio Myth Busting and putting them in a book. Along with his AES white paper.

So all that crap that went down a year or two ago regarding converters and clocks and all that crap- is getting put into a book.

Oh yea- and recording and production.

meLoCo_go
April 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I plan to cover everything.
Uy yuy

Goes211
April 7th, 2011, 08:38 PM
...which goes to prove (again) that it's not because you can that you should.
:headpalm:

Waltz Mastering
April 8th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Looking at the post dates on the GS thread, I thought it was an April fools joke...looks like the circus is back in town.

dwoz
April 8th, 2011, 03:48 AM
So all that crap that went down a year or two ago regarding converters and clocks and all that crap- is getting put into a book.

I would hazard a guess that NONE of the crap that went down a year or two ago is going into the book.

dnafe
April 8th, 2011, 09:51 AM
At least he won't be able delete the statements that come back to haunt him.

Nutmeg
April 8th, 2011, 10:39 AM
There is only one reason to make him write that book and make him cover EVERY thing.

The reason is, it would keep him from posting in forums for some month.

HOOK
April 8th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Oh my....

Fav quote: "Ethan will be the Copernicus of the audio industry if the book ever makes it past the drawing board."
(http://www.gearslutz.com/board/6507771-post29.html)

HOOK

nobby
April 8th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I heard he's branching out. There's money to be made in the pharmaceutical trade.

Q6tMzs5rB8E

ajcamlet
April 11th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I'm fond of this quote:

"In the big picture regarding "disputes" in general, one side is usually right and the other is wrong. Usually when someone says "both sides are at fault" it's because they haven't bothered to understand the issues enough to form a valid opinion. The difference between me and most of the people who disagree with me is that I stick to the facts and can back up what I say with evidence. Science is not a popularity contest, nor is the person with the most gold records necessarily correct.

--Ethan"