PDA

View Full Version : Recent Weather Events

Dr. Bob
April 18th, 2011, 06:03 PM
There's been a coupla' folks askin'... so thought I'd holla, and say; "Yes, TheBoss and I are fine. Just some rain and wind here."

The tornadoes were north of us and off to the east of us.

Raleigh and points east got torn up really bad.

I've not heard from a lot of friends out that way yet. Power won't really start to come online for at least another day-ish.

But I am curious to hear how other NC/Va folks made out. Ya'll ok out there from Raleigh to the coast?

I know that the Red Cross has evidently put a lot of resources to work.. maybe flip em' a few bucks to help, if you feel so inclined.

MudCat
April 18th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I know that the Red Cross has evidently put a lot of resources to work.. maybe flip em' a few bucks to help, if you feel so inclined.

Glad you're OK, Bob...........and speaking of the Red Cross....Ella's wife, Rose Reiter, put together this video recently, with all proceeds going to the Red Cross.....Rose sings it, and Ella did the music and produced (I believe that's right....but not clear on the specifics).......but check it out and donate if you can.....(there is a cameo pic of my blonde strat in the 'pics' part of it)........Great job by Rose and Ella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNrLuO_MJZw&feature=player_embedded#at=27

Tim Armstrong
April 18th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Glad you're okay!!!

I was driving a bus charter to NYC, and had just come back through the Lincoln Tunnel on my way south back to Salisbury, Maryland when the storm hit, and I was in some amazingly bad wind and rain for pretty much the entire length of the NJ Turnpike. I guess the one saving grace was that the traffic was pretty darn light (guess folks had more sense than to be out driving in it!).

Tim

MacGregor
April 18th, 2011, 08:31 PM
...Rose sings it, and Ella did the music and produced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNrLuO_MJZw&feature=player_embedded#at=27

That's one fine and intense song. Wow :Thumbsup:

Mac