PDA

View Full Version : To those out on the Canadian Left Coast...

clicktrack
May 3rd, 2011, 04:12 AM
Guess who's coming your way!!!

There's a chance I'll be in Victoria, BC for a short while...looking for some ideas of things we *HAVE* to see and do while in the area...

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Aardvark
May 3rd, 2011, 05:09 AM

There's a chance I'll be in Victoria, BC for a short while...looking for some ideas of things we *HAVE* to see and do while in the area...

Any thoughts?

Cheers

When?

I am up to Van soon to see kitchen b*tch number two. If nothing else give her a shout when you hit town.

No one will tell your bride.:Coolio:

clicktrack
May 3rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
I am up to Van soon to see kitchen b*tch number two.

Sure. Sure. You're heading to see KBtheSecond. Of course. It would, of course, just be coincedental for you to be there to watch the cup being paraded down the *ahem* "usual" route.

Just sayin'....

:lol:

Smileyblue
May 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Sure. Sure. You're heading to see KBtheSecond. Of course. It would, of course, just be coincedental for you to be there to watch the cup being paraded down the *ahem* "usual" route.

Just sayin'....

:lol:

Whoa there nelly.... getting a bit ahead of yourself there.....Canuck's haven't won shit yet....

zakco
May 6th, 2011, 02:22 AM

Any thoughts?

Cheers

The first thing you'll want to do is get in your vehicle, take the Mackenzie st. exit to HW1. Then turn right and head north, away from Tacky Town as quickly as you can. Drive until you have safely crested Malahat mountain. Don't return to Victoria until your thirst for overpriced tea & crumpets served on the ass end of a horse buggy can no longer be denied.

Should I put a pot of Drumroaster (http://www.drumroaster.com/) coffee on?

Cosmic Pig
May 6th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I'll second Zakco. Mostly it's a combo of seniors looking vaguely offended and hippies looking vaguely confused. Nice place to go for a stroll. Beacon hill is kinda cool for the view.

The main attraction there is it's not Vancouver.

Cos.

Carlo
May 6th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Why doncha emigrate for a day or two, and take the ferry down to the states...Friday Harbor, Anacortes, and Arch and I will put you up.

Of course, we will get good use out of you while you are here.:Wink:

zakco
May 6th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Mostly it's a combo of seniors looking vaguely offended and hippies looking vaguely confused.

Don't forget the "Hippie Seniors" looking both ways...

Darth_Fader
May 9th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Buchart Gardens on Vancouver island was the high point of our visit.

Well, that and visiting somebody who actually lives on Sidney Island, and uses solar cells, etc, for his power, etc, every summer.

Darth_Fader
May 9th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Don't forget the "Hippie Seniors" looking both ways...

Humph. Until next Friday I'm gainfully employed, but I do often look around as though I'm annoyed.

So I may be senior, but I ain't no hippy.

:) in case that wasn't clear.

clicktrack
May 9th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Why doncha emigrate for a day or two, and take the ferry down to the states...Friday Harbor, Anacortes, and Arch and I will put you up.

Of course, we will get good use out of you while you are here.:Wink:

LOL...

The invitation was *seriously* considered...

*seriously* considered.

Unfortunately, there was a bit of a schedule we were working to, so getting down to your neck of the woods wasn't fully part of the plans.

Too bad...

We have done some of the "tourist trap" stuff...

Whale watching on the zodiac "Go-Fasts" was quite cool...especially when the big male whale decided to take a peek at what the humans are doing and did a quick surface about 10 feet away from our boat. Man those things are big.

But what is it about this area of the world and pulled pork? EVERY SINGLE RESTAURANT we've been in has some form of pulled pork. Not complaining, but its the one standout I noticed!

zakco
May 9th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Buchart Gardens on Vancouver island was the high point of our visit.

Sounds like you never got to see the real Vancouver Island...that is pretty much everything north of Victoria. Incredibly beautiful and unlike Butchart (and the rest of Greater Slicktoria), not man-made with the sole purpose of sucking the green dollars right outta yer wallet.

Well, that and visiting somebody who actually lives on Sidney Island, and uses solar cells, etc, for his power, etc, every summer.

I'm going to take a long shot here, but the folks you visited didn't happen to be filmakers by any chance did they? I'm only guessing, because I don't know how many other off the grid folks are on Sidney Island that might have connections to the audio world. Feel free to ignore this question if that's too personal...

Z