PDA

View Full Version : Aardy

Mo Facta
May 5th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I know this stuff is controversial and conspiracy theories are hard for most to swallow but I kinda feel like closing my thread was a bit uncalled for.

Nonetheless, I would like to address your reply:

He does not have to be lying. The so far and conveniently un-named General can be the liar in this dubious scenario or this person has lost the plot and seeks a grand platform for their delusional proclamations...

Well, that is the same mantra that is always repeated about whistle-blowers by those wishing to discredit them or hide the truth. But, I'm not surprised you think that and I don't blame you for your opinion. Of course it's a possibility. Just like it's a possibility that quite the opposite might be true and he's actually telling the truth. You being opposed to these ideas does not make it true or false either, I'm afraid.

any number of possibilities that have nothing to do with credibility.

Of course. However, you not believing it or not being inclined toward this sort of stuff doesn't define it's credibility, either. Do you think even if this stuff was true it would make it onto the front page of the NY Times or [insert your favorite "credible" news source here]? Of course it wouldn't.

So are you saying that independent and alternative sources of information (and possibly the real truth) are to be ignored because they're not mainstream or fall into the accepted margin of "credibility"?

If you are going to post something of this nature please give it half a thought first and do better consider the source as well as the style of the article.

I do consider the source and I respect the work of Alex Jones. The fact that you do not does not make him any less credible. It makes him controversial.

He exposed our world leaders dressed up in red gowns performing arcane rituals in front of a 40 foot stone owl (the Cremation of Care) ON VIDEO by infiltrating Bohemian Grove.

It doesn't bother you that our leaders are involved with this, among other things?

Cheers :)

Holm
May 5th, 2011, 10:50 AM
This board is in desperate need of "tinfoil hat" emoticon.

majestikc
May 5th, 2011, 11:02 AM
He does have a point, but at the end of the day it all boils down to what you choose to believe...........he said she said, only when aliens land on the white house lawn and butt-rape Obama will we know for sure.

Johnny
May 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM
That Bohemian grove stuff is true. A fascinating read from another guy who was there (and he also checks out some other conspiracies) is Them by British humorist (humourist?) Jon Ronson. His take is less panicked.

Kinda like if P.J. O'Rourke went and hung out with Alex Jones.

majestikc
May 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Link doesn't work

Johnny
May 5th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Sorry, wasn't a link. Here:
http://www.amazon.com/Them-Adventures-Extremists-Jon-Ronson/dp/0743227077

Wide-O
May 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM
This board is in desperate need of "tinfoil hat" emoticon.

You would say that, wouldn't you! :tinfoil:

:Wink:

Aardvark
May 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I do consider the source and I respect the work of Alex Jones. The fact that you do not does not make him any less credible. It makes him controversial.

My opinion of him has no bearing on his credibility. His long history of dubious and specious reporting is the root of that problem. A stopped clock has the same success rate as the sensationalist, agenda-driven drivel he has relied more and more on over the last ten or fifteen years.

I appreciate you making a calm point and would ask now that we move on from this conspiracy talk.

Cheers,
Aardvark