PDA

View Full Version : Where the pines are dark and the engineer is a mad scientist

Fulcrum
May 29th, 2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/graham-44435-scale-studio.html

jerryskid
May 29th, 2011, 08:41 PM
A good article on a great studio!!!....Congrats Dr Bob!!

cozmicslop
May 30th, 2011, 01:03 AM
:Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

nobby
May 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Props to the mad doctor!

:beer:

Goes211
May 30th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Excellent. Inspiring. Props.
:Coolio:

otek
May 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Nice article! :beer:

otek

Sausage Maker
May 31st, 2011, 03:57 AM
Indeed!:Thumbsup:

Dr. Bob
May 31st, 2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks gents...

I think the staff writer (Michael Abernathy) actually did a great job of conveying what the insanity of this biz, and what my personal goals for the studio, are all about.

I'm sure it's easy to spot the minor inaccuracies, but overall... I think he actually "gets it".

Now I gotta go clean the bathroom, sweep and mop the floors and stock the paper towels... ahhh yes... the fun reality of owning a studio!

Knastratt
June 1st, 2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks gents...

I think the staff writer (Michael Abernathy) actually did a great job of conveying what the insanity of this biz, and what my personal goals for the studio, are all about.

I'm sure it's easy to spot the minor inaccuracies, but overall... I think he actually "gets it".

Now I gotta go clean the bathroom, sweep and mop the floors and stock the paper towels... ahhh yes... the fun reality of owning a studio!

I love the variety of titles on the business card when you operate a studio on your *own*. :Wink:

My studio is currently fitting in a travel bag. I miss my Brauner. :headpalm:

Calvin
June 2nd, 2011, 06:00 AM
I still can't wrap my brain around the amount of blood and sweat that went into building that place. Major, major applause! Hope the room stays booked/busy for years to come!

TSTW
June 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
good work, matey!

Dr. Bob
June 2nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
I still can't wrap my brain around the amount of blood and sweat that went into building that place. Major, major applause! Hope the room stays booked/busy for years to come!

It was definitely a journey into insanity, but one I think will ultimately pay off in terms other than money.

Although much of the blood spilled was mine, I did manage to get G-Cubed to do a little involuntary blood-letting of his own... which is nice to know that I'm not alone. <snicker> <snicker>

Which after the blood spilled on the floor, came the beer spilled on the floor. (I know that's alcohol abuse, but it sometimes just happens... and we did apologize to the beer gods for such abuse.) :beer:

The shop is starting to get busy again this spring, so that's a good thing! :vuvu:

So far, I've had just about every major genre' come in the shop, and they've all said they liked their results... and have even had a bit of repeat business! That makes the lean times worth it I s'pose.

We may try to put together another "get together" of sorts a bit later this fall... a pseudo repeat of the Womb Warming - except a bit more structured or with some real goals... maybe around Labor Day-ish??

sqkychair
June 2nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
:Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

I watched your online progress for years, DB.

This is really inspiring.

jerryskid
June 2nd, 2011, 05:26 PM
We may try to put together another "get together" of sorts a bit later this fall... a pseudo repeat of the Womb Warming - except a bit more structured or with some real goals... maybe around Labor Day-ish??

That sounds awesome!!....I'll bring my swim trunks for the River of Life, and we'll have to get a limo for Mudcat, ....:Wink:

Fulcrum
June 2nd, 2011, 07:34 PM
That sounds awesome!!....I'll bring my swim trunks for the River of Life, and we'll have to get a limo for Mudcat, ....:Wink:

Seconded. I miss the swirly box.