PDA

View Full Version : 4 hours until session start

NathanRocks88
June 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
and I haven't slept a wink :headpalm:

Allergy season + my innocuous (and very annoying) auto immune dysfunction has led to my new found habit of popping allegra and sniffing afrin like a junkie. I've been lucky that it's only my nose that's plugged up and not my ears. But my eyes are so puffed up sometimes you'd think I'd been hit by a truck.

Forecast predicts the mercury to tease and finger the 80 farenheit mark in Seattle this afternoon. While I work in a room with no A/C, one exterior door. 3 guys from the band and a happy collection of tube equipment glowing orange hot in metal boxes. I went through this same stick last summer.

Maybe I should rename the studio "The Boiler Room" if the name is not already taken?

Plus, I heard that the best compressor in the studio is out of commission. Not really a problem, but not knowing when it will be up and running is a BIG problem. I like using that big red box of tube.

That, and I got a speeding ticket to pay.

OH...AND

Did I mention I'll be recording a blues rock band?

How fitting. :otek:

What are you guys usually doing 4 hours before a session start?

Tim Halligan
June 5th, 2011, 01:45 PM
What are you guys usually doing 4 hours before a session start?

Sleeping.

Cheers,
Tim

NathanRocks88
June 5th, 2011, 02:00 PM
:lol::lol:

I'll take that as advice.

Insomnia is NOT part of my usual pre-session ritual.

KungFuLio
June 7th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Sleeping.

Cheers,
Tim

+1 One hour before the session starts the alarm goes off...
15 minute shower, five minutes to the studio, 10 minutes of BS then a half hour to get set up and rolling...

I just loathe the days where the sessions start less than 8 hours after i leave the studio...

NathanRocks88
June 7th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Update...

Session went well. Got the keeper takes for Drums and Bass playing together. Only had to do minimal punching ins. These guys knew what they were doing.

It also worked out nicely that I could take little cat naps during playback of their 9 minute long songs.