PDA

View Full Version : Rep Power.

samc
June 13th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I don't understand the whole Rep Power deal here and what it really means but someone who obviously have too much time on their hands decided to use that time and erase mine.

No problem, except that the piddling coward didn't leave a reason and did so anonymously... I mean...seriously, you have got to be a pettifogger of no mean order to dedicate time to doing this shit...

I'm sure you feel smart and proud of yourself...

dwoz
June 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM
well, if it makes you feel better, rep power can't go negative. I just tested it.

heh

Rep Power has to do with whether or not you automatically get floor tickets to the awards shows.

MacGregor
June 13th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I was told that your rep is green when you either worship God's own team, the Montreal Canadians, or you have friends.

Everything else means red.

Mac

samc
June 13th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I was told that your rep is green when you either worship God's own team, the Montreal Canadians, or you have friends.
Didn't figure that liking the Rangers would work against me but the 'got friends' part was very easy to figure out.

Ah, the things that excite small minds.

samc
June 13th, 2011, 08:18 PM
well, if it makes you feel better, rep power can't go negative. I just tested it.
This must be a disappointment to at least one member here...

dwoz
June 13th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Well...I habitually champion God's own folly, the Bruins...so that can't be the total story.

ivmike
June 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I don't know how you lost your rep points anonymously; when I made an unfortunate remark against the Habs, I lost all of rep my points and the person's name that de-repped me was easy to see; it was visible along with a comment; this was in my User CP area. And before you think that it was some grand conspiracy, I actually know this person in real life. And the next time that I see him, I'll buy him a beer or three. :beer: :vuvu:

And you know what? I earned my loss of rep points for not following the rules of this place. I can live with that. I can earn them back if I contribute to this site. And if I don't earn them back and yet somehow still contribute, I'll be happy here. It's a good site.

samc
June 13th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I don't know how you lost your rep points anonymously; when I made an unfortunate remark against the Habs, I lost all of rep my points and the person's name that de-repped me was easy to see; it was visible along with a comment; this was in my User CP area.
Ah, I see, don't remember seeing this page before, imagine that, a place to take revenge. Someone who was not even involved in the thread in question did this, he even took the time to call me a name, I didn't break any forum rule by the way.

MacGregor
June 13th, 2011, 10:40 PM
This must be a disappointment to at least one member here...

That's not correct. My personal record is -66.666.666 (no kidding), if I remember correctly it was for an upside-down Habs logo or something.

Needed a while to crawl back out of that hole.

Mac

jerryskid
June 13th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Dude...it's called being 'Varked...usually done by a long snouted Habs fan......it's easy to make your green go red...all you have to do is say

FUCK THE HABS!! and your green magically turns to red...no fear I'm here to help!!

Aardvark
June 13th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I don't understand the whole Rep Power deal here and what it really means but someone who obviously have too much time on their hands decided to use that time and erase mine.

No problem, except that the piddling coward didn't leave a reason and did so anonymously... I mean...seriously, you have got to be a pettifogger of no mean order to dedicate time to doing this shit...

I'm sure you feel smart and proud of yourself...

Your rep power took a hit when I dinged you for a dumb-ass post... and check your user CP to see which post and my note... which was "Dough-head"... now read the FAQ... if you are worried about rep points you need a new life.

Cheers,
FuckyouhardVark:lol::lol:

P.S. I wipe rep points all the time (Ask Click, Jerry and a few others) and their friends always top them back up as is the custom.

:headpalm:

otek
June 13th, 2011, 10:44 PM
On the other hand, I really like the word "pettifogger".

otek

jerryskid
June 13th, 2011, 10:52 PM
See not even 5 minutes and I've been zapped... and Aardy I just want it to be known that I didn't SAY

FUCK THE HABS

I just pointed out that saying

FUCK THE HABS

would get your greenies taken......

:Mad:

Aardvark
June 13th, 2011, 11:00 PM
See not even 5 minutes and I've been zapped... and Aardy I just want it to be known that I didn't SAY

FUCK THE REDS

FUCK THE REDS

It is how you say it... be honest... you just don't show the love.:Razz:

Cheers,
RedsaresuckingmajorcockagainVArk

Dr. Bob
June 13th, 2011, 11:28 PM
you just don't show the love.:Razz:

Cheers,

NTTAWWT, but the last time Skid showed some love in public... I heard he got... 3 hots and a cot...

...and had to apologize to the nuns! :grin: :grin:

Wide-O
June 13th, 2011, 11:38 PM

FUCK THE HABS

FUCK THE HABS

Hey, you once helped me out. Now if you are really nice to me... Evil!:grin:

samc
June 13th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Your rep power took a hit when I dinged you for a dumb-ass post...
You've got to be fucking kidding me, you took the time to take my Rep points and call me a name simply because you didn't like my post? Or was it the fact that I disagreed with someone popular?...YEAH, FUCK THE HABS - whoever they are!!!

if you are worried about rep points you need a new life.
They obviously meant enough to you for you to take the time out of your busy schedule to 'hit' them...

Pettifogger!

Aardvark
June 14th, 2011, 01:44 AM
You've got to be fucking kidding me, you took the time to take my Rep points and call me a name simply because you didn't like my post?

No effort at all... just hit the little icon and bingo! You don't have to actually leave a message but I try to in all politeness.

We also have a special infraction for dipshits who cry about their precious points turning red and if you get enough of those we send you a free sample of Vagisil but in your case I suspect a 40 gallon barrel might be in order.:vuvu:

Cheers,
MangemoiavecfromageVArk

samc
June 14th, 2011, 02:05 AM
We also have a special infraction for dipshits who cry about their precious points turning red and if you get enough of those we send you a free sample of Vagisil but in your case I suspect a 40 gallon barrel might be in order.
You should keep the vagisil, pettifoggers always need something to make them feel moist....

Anyway, I always thought that 'dipshit' was the name reserved for those who surfed the forum looking for people to fuck with.

dwoz
June 14th, 2011, 02:18 AM
hey, we can always experiment with some of those other little icons in the right hand corner. Are you familiar with football? and the way players are cited by the refs?

One of the womb rules is to either be informative or entertaining. Which one would you like to try?

Aardvark
June 14th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Anyway, I always thought that 'dipshit' was the name reserved for those who surfed the forum looking for people to fuck with.

That would be a "troll"... dipshit is a more general term and although some here have wondered if you are a troll I have long maintained that you are not... but you are a dipshit and dough-head IMNSFHO.:lol:

Now, as Dwoz has asked, have you something informative or even mildly entertaining to add?:tinfoil:

Cheers,
RetardVark

samc
June 14th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Almost half the world — over 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day.

The GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of the 41 Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (567 million people) is less than the wealth of the world’s 7 richest people combined.

Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.

Less than one per cent of what the world spent every year on weapons was needed to put every child into school by the year 2000 and yet it didn’t happen.

1 billion children live in poverty (1 in 2 children in the world). 640 million live without adequate shelter, 400 million have no access to safe water, 270 million have no access to health services. 10.6 million died in 2003 before they reached the age of 5 (or roughly 29,000 children per day).

Hope this helps...I'll leave the funny shit to you guys.

vocalnick
June 14th, 2011, 03:33 AM

The GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of the 41 Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (567 million people) is less than the wealth of the world’s 7 richest people combined.

Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.

Less than one per cent of what the world spent every year on weapons was needed to put every child into school by the year 2000 and yet it didn’t happen.

1 billion children live in poverty (1 in 2 children in the world). 640 million live without adequate shelter, 400 million have no access to safe water, 270 million have no access to health services. 10.6 million died in 2003 before they reached the age of 5 (or roughly 29,000 children per day).

Kind of puts your rep score in perspective, doesn't it?

eagan
June 14th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Kind of puts your rep score in perspective, doesn't it?

Exactly.

Incidentally.....

If you require an explanation of why somebody thinks you're a dipshit....

...odds are good you're a dipshit.

JLE

samc
June 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I thought it also put pettifogging and abuse of privilege (which is what this is really about) into perspective. If you were not in such a hurry to brown-nose you would also realize that the meaning of dipshit was never in question dipshit...

maybe in the interest of being informative I should post up what bandwagon and unctuous mean....

Before anybody else get their panty in a twist just stay calm because this popularity contest has run it's course and is old already.

otek
June 14th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Pettifogger!

Is it anything like "Bumbaclot"? :D

otek

Goes211
June 14th, 2011, 12:43 PM
"abuse of privilege (which is what this is really about)"

...followed by...

"Before anybody else get their panty in a twist"

= New poster boy for :headpalm:

ivmike
June 14th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I thought it also put pettifogging and abuse of privilege (which is what this is really about) into perspective. If you were not in such a hurry to brown-nose you would also realize that the meaning of dipshit was never in question dipshit...

maybe in the interest of being informative I should post up what bandwagon and unctuous mean....

Before anybody else get their panty in a twist just stay calm because this popularity contest has run it's course and is old already.

I don't understand why rep power is so crucial to you.

But here, I'll top you up.

Made you look. :vuvu:

ivmike
June 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM
...followed by...

= New poster boy for :headpalm:

Wait....can we now call him "Ethan"?
:very happy:

jerryskid
June 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
It is how you say it... be honest... you just don't show the love.:Razz:

Cheers,

Just to let you know, Aardy, the REDS aren't sucking major cock...yeah they ARE licking it a bit, but it hasn't come to sucking yet....:Wink:

nobby
June 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Hope this helps...I'll leave the funny shit to you guys.

I think most of us are aware that we live in an overpopulated, undereducated, undernourished world and we could look up the statistics if we deemed it helpful. For example if we're feeling too cheerful and want to put and end to that.

You seem to be ASSuming that you're the smartest guy in the room and finding out that that isn't the case. Kind of like diving into a pool without noticing that there is no water in it.

Common condescending motherfogger!

Wide-O
June 14th, 2011, 02:41 PM
but it hasn't come to sucking yet....:Wink:

Humming? :Coolio:

dwoz
June 14th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Along your lines of thinking, Nobby...

whenever I'm thinking that someone else is a little deeo on the "I'm far more awesome than even I can believe" side, it is helpful ( for me ) to remember that a full color picture of the WORST asshole in the room is only as far away as the nearest mirror.

That works for me, anyway.

CloseToTheEdge
June 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Best remedy for diminished rep points:

http://savingdollarsandsense.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/chem_butt-paste.jpg

samc
June 14th, 2011, 03:50 PM

otek
No, no, no, we are nowhere near this level of degradation.

samc
June 14th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I don't understand why rep power is so crucial to you.

The least you could have done is figure out what you're getting into before jumping on the wagon...they're not, but let's just say they were, what's your excuse for being here preaching to me?

So many of you are on the bandwagon now it's in danger of loosing a wheel or two.

jerryskid
June 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM
All in good fun my man....see how quick you're back to green?....it's not like you can cash them in for valuable prizes....it's the the earth pig's way of screwing with you..no amount of bitching or crying will help....like that old poem that I took the liberty to update for our forum moderators....

You can tell it's Malice because he's got that mousy look
You can tell it's Dwoz because he reads a lot of books
You can tell it's Mixerman, cause his mix has just the touch
You can tell it's Aardy, but boy you can't tell him much....

:grin:

Wide-O
June 14th, 2011, 05:06 PM
So many of you are on the bandwagon now it's in danger of loosing a wheel or two.

Dude, what if a lot of folks here think you are an arrogant cunt?

Oh, and don't get me wrong, most people here will not like my comment, so I'll rephrase it.

You are an arrogant, ignorant, cunt.

Goes211
June 14th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Dude, what if a lot of folks here think you are an arrogant cunt?

Oh, and don't get me wrong, most people here will not like my comment, so I'll rephrase it.

You are an arrogant, ignorant, cunt.

How dare you.
I may have to rid you of all your rep points, because you can't just use words like that.
I've told you before, stop using "Dude".

Wide-O
June 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM
How dare you.
I may have to rid you of all your rep points, because you can't just use words like that.
I've told you before, stop using "Dude".

That was harsh FFS! :Cry:

DPower
June 14th, 2011, 05:39 PM
That's it children!

I'm negative rep-ing everyone in this thread.

Just because.

dwoz
June 14th, 2011, 05:40 PM
"dude" is after all a derogatory term.

It refers to a cowboy who has an exquisite fashion sense, and is all hat/no cattle.

It refers to someone who needs babysitting out on the trail, instead of being useful.

Basically, it's a "dandy" that fancies himself to be "real." So a dude is WORSE than a dandy, because at least the dandy is a self-acknowleged dilettante/Fauntleroy, where the dude is one as well but doesn't acknowledge it.

So...."worse than useless." The appropriation of the word by the slacker movement doesn't lessen it's derogatory, inflammatory nature.

DPower
June 14th, 2011, 05:44 PM
That's it children!

I'm negative rep-ing everyone in this thread.

Just because.

Well apparently I've run out of negative rep points to give.

The rest of you are on notice.

Now will someone be so kind as to remove my rep points as well? I'm sick of carrying them around with me.

Mo Facta
June 14th, 2011, 06:52 PM
At this point, after having reviewed the haberdashery and pettifroggery, I would like to point out that:

otek 469762411

Mo Facta 536870994

:icon_eek:

Do I get the cups now?

Cheers :vuvu:

Goes211
June 14th, 2011, 07:13 PM
otek 469762411

Mo Facta 536870994

Not the same units, I'm afraid.
As you might know, 1 otek is worth 3,1416 Mo Factas.
Therefore, your numbers mean fuck all.

Do I get the cups now?

Not quite.
Nice try, though.

Wide-O
June 14th, 2011, 07:28 PM
If I had a red rep launcher
I would retaliate! Evil!

Mo Facta
June 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Not the same units, I'm afraid.
As you might know, 1 otek is worth 3,1416 Mo Factas.
Therefore, your numbers mean fuck all.

Not quite.
Nice try, though.

Nonetheless, ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you....

Motek!

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/efd/efd86d76c468f040e03cd47e768d3a1d.jpg?ts=1308080191

Audition all processing at the same perceived volume, dammit!

Cheers :Coolio:

MacGregor
June 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM
1 otek is worth 3,1416 Mo Factas.

wait, lemme think:

Given that 1 otek = 3.1416 x Mo Facta

it follows that

3.1416 = otek / Mo Facta

The number Pi, which happens to be about 3.1416, is defined as the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter,so:

3.1416 = C / d

It's easy to see that otek is a circumference of a circle, and Mo facta is the corresponding diameter.

http://thewombforums.com/picture.php?albumid=7&pictureid=99

Wonder what that means in real life...

Mac

Goes211
June 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM

OK, that's it.
Way too clever.
Next thing you know you'll want to learn how to defend yourself against pointed sticks.
Say Hasta La Vista to your rep points, goddammit.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10900000/Self-defense-against-Fresh-Fruit-monty-python-10984453-458-263.jpg

Johnny
June 14th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Kewl thread, doodz!

dwoz
June 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM

Motek!

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/efd/efd86d76c468f040e03cd47e768d3a1d.jpg?ts=1308080191

That's like tits on a bull. bye bye rep points!

otek
June 14th, 2011, 08:45 PM
It's easy to see that otek is a circumference of a circle

Those who have born witness to my IRL appearance know that "circumference" is practically my middle name.

otek

MKZ
June 14th, 2011, 08:58 PM
-dJolYw8tnk

T.M.
June 14th, 2011, 08:59 PM

Motek!

Audition all processing at the same perceived volume, dammit!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MacGregor
June 14th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Next thing you know you'll want to learn how to defend yourself against pointed sticks.

I've seen one photo of otek, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't need any weaponry to kill someone. That's why I always agree with him, no matter what he says.

Mac

Aardvark
June 14th, 2011, 10:14 PM
...You are an arrogant, ignorant, cunt.

Warning here... we say Whiny... whingy... whiney... anyone is good.:beer:

This is clear in the FAQ where we also discuss the serious import of rep points.

Sammy is just a contrarian with some poor social skills and could use a little bit of lighten the fuck up.:Wink:

Who nuked Jerry again?

IT WAS NOT ME!

Cheers,
Aardvark

Dr. Bob
June 14th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Skid prolly nuked hisself.... AGAIN! :headpalm::headpalm::headpalm:

eagan
June 15th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Dude. That's so, like, totally.

JLE

Unfcknblvbl
June 21st, 2011, 03:36 AM
This is clear in the FAQ where we also discuss the serious import of rep points.

Aw, c'mon, Aardy...it wasn't as if he did something REALLY awful...like posting pics of naked Yoko...

dwoz
June 21st, 2011, 04:00 AM
Those who have born witness to my IRL appearance know that "circumference" is practically my middle name.

otek

or your middle's name.

dwoz
June 21st, 2011, 04:03 AM
Aw, c'mon, Aardy...it wasn't as if he did something REALLY awful...like posting pics of naked Yoko...

One of the unsolved mysteries of the universe. Why John, who at that point in his life could choose from approximately 2 billion women....

and why unfcknblvbl at that point in his thread could choose between untold numbers of naked album covers...

Goes211
June 21st, 2011, 05:08 PM
One of the unsolved mysteries of the universe. Why John, who at that point in his life could choose from approximately 2 billion women....

Then there's his equally talented partner, who, when in search of a second wife decided to go for a one-legged money-grabber called Heather. Go figure.

Aardvark
June 21st, 2011, 05:30 PM
Then there's his equally talented partner, who, when in search of a second wife decided to go for a one-legged money-grabber called Heather. Go figure.

Yeah, that one always stumped me.

Cheers,
RingodonebestVark

jerryskid
June 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM

You should be put in the red just for that pun.......:icon_eek:

Fulcrum
June 21st, 2011, 10:24 PM

I wonder if his nickname for her was Eileen.

Or if Yoko used to call her Irene.

blackieC
June 22nd, 2011, 12:43 AM

You are all going to Hell. Save me a seat.

Droolbucket
June 22nd, 2011, 02:49 AM
wait, lemme think:

Given that 1 otek = 3.1416 x Mo Facta

it follows that

3.1416 = otek / Mo Facta

The number Pi, which happens to be about 3.1416, is defined as the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter,so:

3.1416 = C / d

It's easy to see that otek is a circumference of a circle, and Mo facta is the corresponding diameter.

http://thewombforums.com/picture.php?albumid=7&pictureid=99

Mac

It always comes down to penis size, doesn't it?

nobby
June 22nd, 2011, 01:53 PM

I think her nickname was Peg.

jerryskid
June 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
I think her nickname was Peg.

I hear she's a waitress at IHOP.....:grin:

Fulcrum
June 22nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
I hear she's a waitress at IHOP.....:grin:

ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Aardvark
June 22nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Funny thing was that she had Paul running in circles!

:beer:

Cheers,
NotsofastVark

HOOK
June 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM

SHaLL I d0 it AgaiN!!!!!??????? :grin::grin::grin:

:otek::tinfoil::beer::Mad::headpalm::doubledeuce:: Evil!:Thumbsup::vuvu::vuvu::vuvu::vuvu:

HOOOooOOOOOOOOOKer

lebouche
July 1st, 2011, 11:14 PM
Ah, I see, don't remember seeing this page before, imagine that, a place to take revenge. Someone who was not even involved in the thread in question did this, he even took the time to call me a name, I didn't break any forum rule by the way.

CUNT!!!!!!!
:very happy:

lebouche
July 1st, 2011, 11:18 PM

otek

I always thought its 'bumberclart' or 'clut' you rassclut bumberclut pickney foo!!

www.tauday.com (better than pi).

blackieC
July 3rd, 2011, 03:29 AM
I always thought its 'bumberclart' or 'clut' you rassclut bumberclut pickney foo!!

I have no idea what the fuck that means, but phonetically it sounds properly insulting. The British are light years ahead of us in cursing.

samc
July 3rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
I have no idea what the fuck that means, but phonetically it sounds properly insulting. The British are light years ahead of us in cursing.

It is not British it is Jamaican and the word is Bumboclaat and it is insulting in the extreme.

It can be used with or in place of other equally insulting curse words like Bloodclaat, Rassclaat and Pussyclaat, but be advised that the inappropriate use of these words can literally get you killed, they are that insulting.

Unfcknblvbl
July 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
and why unfcknblvbl at that point in his thread could choose between untold numbers of naked album covers...

Nope, fully-naked Yoko never appeared in the Album Cover thread; John on the other hand...

NathanRocks88
July 13th, 2011, 06:59 AM
All due respect to otek and mo facta, but that had "Sig" written all over it.

:beer: