PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another "I Hate Walmart" rant.....

radiationroom
June 21st, 2011, 12:18 AM
WARNING: Peter is really pissed off.....

Walmart's management does not give one iota about the value of their customer's time. This evening I stopped by the East York PA Walmart for a box of rice and a can of pineapple. Took me maybe - worst case, five minutes to get those two items - if that. Twenty five minutes to check out. :Mad: Twenty five fucking minutes!

That Walmart has something like 40 or so check-out lanes yet I counted a total of nine that were open with each lane having some serious depth to the line. To add insult to injury, the express lanes are "20 items or less" which some persons seemed to ignore. And they take checks in the express lane. :Mad: :Mad: :Mad:

Twenty five fucking minutes to save myself the quarter-mile to get to the Giant and maybe fifty fucking cents saved.

NEVER AGAIN!!! Evil!

Fulcrum
June 21st, 2011, 12:45 AM
That's a far cry from when I lived in York 15 years ago. That Wal-Mart and the one on the west end of town could be counted upon to open registers if a manager saw more than three or four people standing in queue. (Giant used to do that too, and they had placards that said so, but it's been 15 years of water under the bridge and I don't know whether they even bother with that any more. The local Stop & Shop, owned by the same company as Giant-Carlisle, would rather spit on me than add staff.)

Of course, back then it was very prominently displayed on every wall in the place that what Wal-Mart sold was Made In America. Last time I was in one up my way, I was hard pressed to find any clothing that didn't carry the faint whiff of slave labor.

And let's add this beef with Wal-Mart to the pile of reasons I will never shop at a Wal-Mart: SCOTUS just decided that Wal-Mart is too big to be sued, so the women who filed a class-action lawsuit against them for wage parity and advancement opportunities as afforded to men just had their case summarily thrown out.

Shoulda gone to Giant, dude.

jerryskid
June 21st, 2011, 01:54 AM
The only time you'll find me a Wal-Mart is if it's 3am and I absolutely HAVE to have it.....I'll pay the extra quarter any other time.......:Confused:

PRobb
June 21st, 2011, 02:08 AM
I have never set foot in a Wal Mart in my life.
They represent the absolute worst of modern American society.
Along with people who complain about the loss of American jobs while shopping there.

Smileyblue
June 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
I only go to Walmart when I need to by baby clothes for new nieces and nephews or if I need fix a flat....that's about it.. It's too much agro with the amount of people and the lack of in-store help.

archtop
June 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM
They tried to bring one to my town, the town rallied against, and were successful.

We as a family also boycott.

PRobb
June 21st, 2011, 05:07 PM
They tried to bring one to my town, the town rallied against, and were successful.

Good for you and your town.

Waltz Mastering
June 21st, 2011, 06:53 PM
Here are a bunch of reasons to stay away from Walmart:
http://peopleofwalmart.tumblr.com/

NathanRocks88
June 21st, 2011, 07:35 PM

so much for their "wallyworld on every corner" conquest.

ManRoom Studio
June 21st, 2011, 07:51 PM
And now, thanks to the supreme court (well, supreme in name only), they're too big to sue:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/21/walmart-case-supreme-court-aids-powerful_n_881301.html

This pretty much encapsulates all that is wrong with America these days (well, actually, there's quite an extensive list, but this pretty much sums it up.)

On the other hand, if you're feeling bad about yourself, take a trip to Wally-World and lord the superiority of your DNA over those who have tragically lost at genetic roulette. (Now that was a bit off-sides, wasn't it?)

The ManRoom

NathanRocks88
June 23rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
glue and coherency

sound familiar? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

zoff
June 25th, 2011, 07:08 PM
The only time I went to Walmart was to buy material for my bass traps. It's the only place that sells it in my area. :Cry: