PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of my good buddy Loudist.

Slipperman
June 29th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Don't know why.

Happens every once in a while.

Miss him still.

A brilliantly realized original and general PITA.

Departed here on Nov. 25th 2005.

SM.

Aardvark
June 29th, 2011, 05:08 AM
I hear you.

I still ring him on skype every now and then just in case.

Haven't talked to Lorne in a couple years... best to call and see how his mom is doing these days.

P.S. your date is off by one week less a day.

DigitMus
June 29th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Yeah, I miss the 3 hour phone calls and "million dollar" ideas. I was supposed to meet with him the week after he passed, to discuss a project he was producing & wanted to bring to my studio. He used to take his truck "out for some exercise" & end up staying here for a day or 2, quizzing me, listening to my latest projects, and passing on more good info than I could absorb...

I'm proud to have shared initials with him.

Scott Gould

Carlo
June 29th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Any friend of ya'll's is a friend of mine...for the good times!

Fulcrum
June 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I've said this before about Loudist, but the few interactions I had with him personally when I was first hanging at the Rec Pit did have an impact. For all the vitriol he spewed at fucktards who weren't focusing on the right things, I noted (and it made me feel good) that the small exchanges we had were just.. normal.

It made me feel like my head was screwed on straight and that I was approaching things the right way. It gave me a confidence that I'm still unable to quantify accurately, but I guess this is close.

I'm sorry I never got the chance to know him better.

Eddie G
July 1st, 2011, 02:56 AM
he was a hell of a man.

gave a nobody like me some good advice.

I thought that's how everybody should be, guys with credits giving guys with no credits some solid pointers.

for the most part I've not been disappointed.

but boy that dude could go off.

eddie

Johnny
July 1st, 2011, 03:08 AM
I was late to the party so only knew him from a few postings. Y'all's admiration says all about him I need to know. Cheers.

dwoz
July 1st, 2011, 04:02 AM
Aardy, didn't we leave from here the day after Yanksgiving for florida?

Aardvark
July 1st, 2011, 04:19 AM
Aardy, didn't we leave from here the day after Yanksgiving for florida?

Yes... vous, moi and Jason... we drove straight through.

Still can't believe Dave Mason was there and I did not manage to figure it out, say hello and shake his hand.:headpalm:

Graham Nash's phone call was a nice touch for the family... class act that fellow.:Thumbsup:

Cheers,
Aardvark

ivmike
July 1st, 2011, 04:39 AM
As lame as this might sound, but .... is there a Loudist "best of" or link that allows me to read what he wrote on early Womb forums?

(I ask this question with respect)

dwoz
July 1st, 2011, 05:03 AM
Yes... vous, moi and Jason... we drove straight through.

Still can't believe Dave Mason was there and I did not manage to figure it out, say hello and shake his hand.:headpalm:

Graham Nash's phone call was a nice touch for the family... class act that fellow.:Thumbsup:

Cheers,
Aardvark

I chatted with Mason for about 1/2 hour, only having been introduced to him as "david, too."

Aardvark
July 1st, 2011, 05:35 AM
As lame as this might sound, but .... is there a Loudist "best of" or link that allows me to read what he wrote on early Womb forums?

(I ask this question with respect)

Someone, somewhere did compile a number of his posts from around the web... not sure who.

Allow me to offer a not so simple yet perfect simplification of his approach.

"It's all about the guy in the red shirt... follow the red shirt."

Loudist.

Cheers,
NotbeingasobtuseasyoumightthinkVark

johnnywellas
July 2nd, 2011, 02:28 AM
Someone, somewhere did compile a number of his posts from around the web... not sure who.

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.com/2011/02/13/quotes-from-steve-gursky/

MacGregor
July 2nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.com/2011/02/13/quotes-from-steve-gursky/

Who's the "Belgian Hack" Steve is often mentioning?

Mac

Aardvark
July 2nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Who's the "Belgian Hack" Steve is often mentioning?

That was during a rather regrettable phase where he and a certain small rodent were not seeing eye to eye. Anyone who has listened to a single thing by said rodent knows Steve was doing himself a disservice with those comments.

Cheers,
Aardvark