PDA

View Full Version : Everest summit...mostly naked.

Aardvark
March 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
As the climbing season on Everest approaches we can plan for some more fascinating tales making their way across the ether. The guy with no arms is an interesting study in determination as are many of those climbers looking to round out their seven summits.

My personal favourite is the absolutely insane Dutchman who plans on climbing as much of the Mountain as he can wearing only boots, gloves, shorts and a cap. This fellow runs half marathons in the Arctic Circle in bare feet and likes to submerse himself in Arctic waters for over six minutes....wearing only a bathing suit and holding his breath.

http://www.mounteverest.net/news.php?news=15688

I believe his climb in the Himalayas will officially mark the moment that the Everest summit has completely jumped the shark.

"Uh...I climbed it undressed because it's there."

I am debating starting an Everest dead pool this year as the leaders of last year's main debacles are back with a fresh batch of meat. I suspect Kikstra will lose a couple and so will Abramov. There is a good chance the Chinese will lose a few with their crazy idea to take the Olympic torch to the summit as well.

Cheers,
Aardvark

MacGregor
March 5th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Natural selection.
Ensures that the most braindead ones won't breed.

MacDarwin

Mixerpuppet
March 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Natural selection.
Ensures that the most braindead ones won't breed.

MacDarwin

Natural Selection is a myth...

Question from Celia Oppeneim: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

Wim Hof: Having children! Many things. Every time I do a thing to the limit, I have to be different and I have to be totally aware. Climbing without climbing gear on steep rocks needs the same determination as going to a tank and letting yourself be covered with ice cubes.

:lol: