PDA

View Full Version : Americans are NOT stupid!

Watershed
March 4th, 2007, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

magicchord
March 5th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Heh...
Heh...
At least we know that a good video editor can make you believe ANYTHING!

Watershed
March 5th, 2007, 12:49 AM
hehe, yeah. If you interview enough people you can do that anywhere.

jerryskid
March 5th, 2007, 01:01 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dnafe
March 5th, 2007, 01:20 AM
hehe, yeah. If you interview enough people you can do that anywhere.

and all of them candidates for the next new Reality TV series

"Culling the Gene Pool!"

:icon_eek:

gabby garcia
March 5th, 2007, 03:47 AM
i don't get it ....

so we're invading Canada?

:grin:

clicktrack
March 5th, 2007, 06:12 AM
No...

The next country you're invading is Kentucky.

For the KFC.

Get it right!

:lol:

DaveC
March 5th, 2007, 10:11 AM
These guys might not know a lot, but they sure do look happy...

Mixerman
March 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Look, in every great society, you have to have a certain number of Dumb Asses. It's important for the ebonics along with the G&P.

Mixerman

5down1up
March 6th, 2007, 01:12 PM
thats a good excuse @ mixerman, rofl :very happy:

PRobb
March 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Well OK, but millions of Americans voted for Bush-TWICE!!!:Roll eyes:

I remember back in the 80s there was a poll about Nicaragua. More than half the respondents didn't know if we were supporting the government or the rebels, but almost half thought Nicaragua had a border with the US. And, of course, a large majority supported Reagan's policy.

Sorry to get serious here, but education is a real problem. I don't think a lot of American high school graduates have what I would consider an eighth grade education. If you don't know Iran borders Iraq, how can you have an opinion about the situation?

FajitaTone
March 6th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Just because the map says the name of the country, doesn't mean that is where it is...

Did nobody study GEOGRAPHY????????

5down1up
March 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I stopped taking the american attitude serious about a 100 years ago. :lol:
No more validations required.

bunnerabb
March 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Americans dress badly, we are under-educated, ill read and very much self-absorbed on many levels.

However...

What you have to understand is that we have a very short and illustrious history.

We were the biggest kid on the block. We were the ones you came to when the other kids were picking on you.

Like... you know.. Germany. :)

We knocked together the most powerful nation on Earth from mud and goo to industry unparalleled inside of 200 years.

America, and it is irrefutable, had it going ON.

As the cessation of manufacturing and the funding it brought changed the landscape culturally and economically, America has been sold off piecemeal. Like the beloved mother who brought up her young to find the best in their own back yard, she's been tucked in a closet and kept away from company as her successful progeny no longer wish to be seen as farmhands after making it to Gay Paree.

We've gutted our educational funding, our manufacturing base is non-existent, our children are raised by televisions and video games by mothers without fathers who have been sold on the notion that a functional family unit somehow compromises their vanity and holds them back from "being all they can be as women".

Our corporate structure is a case study in corruption and laziness.

Greed has superimposed itself on every aspect of our culture and we're told that having nice things - that we no longer make - is the ultimate goal.

We're out of horizons to conquer and we've been told that thinking for ourselves, the mettle that made us Americans, is now gauche and frowned upon as we get all moved in and are told "careful of the delicate china teapots".

The educational and economic dichotomies in opportunity have worsened as the middle class has been eradicated.

People with opinions that deviate from the canon of lockstep greed and "we're number one!" jingoism are dismissed as crackpots with a smirk and a snicker.

America is lot like Russia used to be, now.

If they had interviewed some well to do people for that, they would have gotten staggeringly accurate answers because education is now one more thing that has been privatised, here.

There are haves and have nots and I can assure you that the amount of haves who know that Iraq is not Australia is damn near 100%.

Are there a lot of unforgivably ignorant bastards here? Of course. I can trot off to Merry Olde and interview a few East End slags about world affairs and get some of the same answers.

That's irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the most powerful nation on earth is filling up with balloon-shoe wearing, 6 Big Mac eating, SUV driving, porcine, underachieving, ill-educated mouthy fuckers with a lot of ill-educated, mouthy fucking kids. Passive aggressive, feminised, willing to play along with anything to know that the cupboard will be full tomorrow. Maybe. If there are no more layoffs. Pick up your flag and celebrate whatever fragmented aspect of the whole that we have loudly proclaimed to be MUCH more important than being a part of that functional whole and wave it in everybody's face. You go girl! You go boy! You go.. whatever chunk of demographic constructs you now have for a religion and don't you dare start thinking about telling us that fragmentation is the problem as we divide and conquer the biomass into nice, manageable printouts that offer ~n amount of profit.

And that makes me puke.

Never mind education. Never mind the economy. Never mind the ankle-deep puddle of shit you're standing in. We're in charge. We're working on it. Don't pester us. We feel your pain. Did you see American Idol? That girl was totally better than that guy from Week 4! I want her to win. Who do you want to win? Press 1 to vote now.

We're not stupid, we're just cowed by the people who manage the economy into shutting the fuck up and not telling daddy what's going on under those covers at night while they farm us like sheep and dispose of us like carcasses and take EVERYTHING, including education, and put it on a stick with the other carrots and tell us to keep plowing.

America only worked when the shared ideals of what it means to be an American were subscribed to en toto by it's citizenry. I.E: Nobody gets fucked. That's un-American. You have a responsibility to not only be and do your best but to make whatever accomplishments you may bring to bear from subscribing to that ethic readily available to your fellow Americans and with a clear conscience.

That's why America doesn't work anymore.

That's why we look stupid.

There's those motherfuckers and us motherfuckers and the door is slammed shut and we've become too doppish to dare to break away from the Game Boy and the TeeVee and tell ourselves we deserve better and that it's ok to work for it and that we need to have a set of ethics to achieve it and that even if we fall on our ass, we don't have to stay there.

America isn't stupid.

America is lazy and playing along with whatever is handed it because the other America makes it known that that's a good thing to do.

It's easier to farm sheep than people.

America is closed. Please get your passports stamped for the Republic of Just Play Along while the signs are changed.

5down1up
March 6th, 2007, 05:59 PM
forgive my ignorance @ bunner, but i am not reading through that book youve posted :very happy:

if that thread would be called " GERMANS ARE STUPID ! "
( besides that i am 51% italian, which would save my ass haha )
i would have ZERO problem to completely agree to that statement !

YES, agreed, 100%, theres more shit going wrong than going right !

And i dont really get why its a bad thing to tell the truth and why people who know exactly how it is are always trying to find excuses for those " mistakes " just for the reason that their passport is saying XYZ !

besides that, we are in 2007 already. time to move on !

bunnerabb
March 6th, 2007, 06:17 PM
forgive my ignorance @ bunner, but i am not reading through that book youve posted :very happy:

Then you probably have no idea what the hell I'm saying.

if that thread would be called " GERMANS ARE STUPID ! "
( besides that i am 51% italian, which would save my ass haha )
i would have ZERO problem to completely agree to that statement !

um.. ok.

YES, agreed, 100%, theres more shit going wrong than going right !

As long as we don't have to read more than 12 sentences at a time about it...

And i dont really get why its a bad thing to tell the truth and why people who know exactly how it is are always trying to find excuses for those " mistakes " just for the reason that their passport is saying XYZ !

Well, any time it's a bad idea to tell the truth, there's usually greed or vanity involved.

besides that, we are in 2007 already. time to move on !

I think that decadence is a fallacious construct, but.. hey.. what do I know. After all it's 2007. One question.. from where to where and what does the year bring to bear on that idea?

5down1up
March 6th, 2007, 06:24 PM
After all it's 2007. One question.. from where to where and what does the year bring to bear on that idea?

i am born in 72, 35 years have passed, i wanna see some change. just to get a hard one :Twisted:

PRobb
March 6th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Two things. First, let's make the distinction between stupid and ignorant. Stupid means lacking mental ability, ignorant means uneducated. We're talking about ignorance, not stupidity.

Second, we have a culture that not only doesn't respect intelligence, it finds it suspect. What do we call the kid who gets straight A's but sucks at football? In 2000 I found it very troubling that Gore was criticized for being a "policy wonk". Whatever your opinion of the man, isn't that a good quality for a president? I mean we're not deciding who we want have a few beers and watch TV with, we're deciding who we want to hold the most powerful policy job in the world. Criticizing a presidential candidate for being a policy wonk is like criticizing an athelete for being a jock.

5down1up
March 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM
in the world

here we go again, hehe :Thumbsup:

PRobb
March 6th, 2007, 06:56 PM
here we go again, hehe :Thumbsup:

For better or worse, the US is the world's lone superpower.

And one of the most ignorant ideas in America, and one that is sadly ascendant right now, is that the world consists of America and a bunch of damn foreigners.

5down1up
March 6th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Of course, how could i forget :lol:

Oberlehrer
March 6th, 2007, 07:02 PM
besides that i am 51% italian,

You must be really, really deep into genealogy to come up with such a figure...

5down1up
March 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
You must be really, really deep into genealogy to come up with such a figure...

Not at all, just look in my face, the NOSE man, the NOSE :Roll eyes:

PRobb
March 6th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Of course, how could i forget :lol:

You must be, like, ya know, Europeanish or something.:icon_eek:

bunnerabb
March 6th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Dang old yurpeons, man, ah tell ya whut...:Roll eyes:

maccool
March 6th, 2007, 09:52 PM
...forgive my ignorance @ bunner, but i am not reading through that book youve posted :very happy:

Go back and read it then; that's one righteous and thought-about diatribe. Good work bunner.

My Name is Buddy.... (look it up)

(and how the fuck does he get a guitar to sound like that on Red Cat?)

mousdrvr
March 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Bunner,

I applaud you loudly!

I think it comes down to this. A capitalist democracy works just fine when capital obtains some real cultural,
spiritual, or even material value. When the only thing valued in your society is capital itself, a tautology emerges, at which point any activity may be completely and utterly justified if it increases capital.

Now before, some brazen young capitalista drops in to tell me what an ass I am, please remember that I realize that a logic CAN be entirely self consistent and NOT represent the observable world in any way. Usually the argument ends up containing some appeal to "Share Holder Value" fine. What is that? It may have been something once. I believe it was. These days it's nothing but more "value".

This has happened within my life time. It has NOT always been this way. I grew up with a different model. Here in the silicon valley where for decades Hewlett Packard was king, real value was created here, jobs, homes, an actual community. Now we live in a time which lionizes Carly Fiorina and her ilk. 7000 thousand jobs that woman destroyed,
and many times more retirement packages. And her reward for doing so? $21,000,000.00! See that's what we "value" these days.

The New American Economy, tautological, recursive, and deadly.

-mous

Watershed
March 6th, 2007, 11:24 PM
WOW, my little funny has turned into a semi-serious debate :grin:

Don't forget the title of this thread is "Americans are NOT stupid!"

IOW, everyone from every other country should be able to recognize that if they interviewed enough people in their own back yard, they'd be able to put together a similar package.

mousdrvr
March 6th, 2007, 11:49 PM
WOW, my little funny has turned into a semi-serious debate :grin:

Don't forget the title of this thread is "Americans are NOT stupid!"

IOW, everyone from every other country should be able to recognize that if they interviewed enough people in their own back yard, they'd be able to put together a similar package.

Sorry Watershed,

I guess we're just a Leeeetle touchy about this, the truth is many of us here in The States DO feel we are producing more than our share of world class idiots and consequently feel the need to ask ourselves why.

Ok lightening the fuck up now :grin:

-mous

emtou2u
March 6th, 2007, 11:54 PM
oops...showing my ingorance now...see post below:

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 12:19 AM
We were the biggest kid on the block. We were the ones you came to when the other kids were picking on you......

We knocked together the most powerful nation on Earth from mud and goo to industry unparalleled inside of 200 years.

America, and it is irrefutable, had it going ON.

TRUE. That was the nation worth the lives of our military to protect. Now, we're in love with the idea of what we used to be...and not looking in the mirror to what we are...

As the cessation of manufacturing and the funding it brought changed the landscape culturally and economically, America has been sold off piecemeal. ................
We've gutted our educational funding, our manufacturing base is non-existent, our children are raised by televisions and video games.....

great book: The United States of Europe

...by mothers without fathers who have been sold on the notion that a functional family unit somehow compromises their vanity and holds them back from "being all they can be as women".

applicable to a different thread is the issue that our women are being men and our men are becoming women....i for one am appreciative of every right i was entitled to at birth as a female - and wouldn't want to go backwards...but do we need metrosexuals (trying to joke here:lol: ) at the expense of the polarity in our relationships and households?

...Our corporate structure is a case study in corruption and laziness.

Greed has superimposed itself on every aspect of our culture and we're told that having nice things - that we no longer make - is the ultimate goal.

Again, The United States of Europe.

That's irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the most powerful nation on earth is filling up with balloon-shoe wearing, 6 Big Mac eating, SUV driving, porcine, underachieving, ill-educated mouthy fuckers with a lot of ill-educated, mouthy fucking kids.

Agreed.

America isn't stupid.

America is lazy and playing along.....

and i would add, "playing along....as long as we get to be the bully."

Watershed
March 7th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Sorry Watershed

Ahh, nothing to apologise for Mous. I love a good debate, as long as it doesn't get personal. :Wink:

xiangtao
March 7th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I guess we're just a Leeeetle touchy about this, the truth is many of us here in The States DO feel we are producing more than our share of world class idiots and consequently feel the need to ask ourselves why.

At the risk of really turning this into a nasty debate, there is a reason that the United States is pretty much the only country in the world where we repeatedly have to go to court to keep 3000 year old religious ideologies out of our science classrooms.

It isn't only a matter of poor education (for the most part, schools are really doing a pretty decent job of teaching the information), I find that it is more a lack of caring. The teachers/administrators don't care if the kids are retaining the information they are being given, so long as they can pass the problem off onto some other poor sap so that they no longer have to deal with it. The parents don't care what is going on with their children at school, so long as they are going and not being shot at. And as someone said before, the kids don't care to learn about it because it's not cool to be smart. When are we going to use any of this anyway?

bunnerabb
March 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM
One of the key problems I was trying to address is that your little "we got to get rid of Jesus in the schools" flag is just one more pointy hat with bells on the end in the face of a collapsing educational system and is no more useful or valuable than:

"We have to get Jesus back in the schools"
"We have to get feminism taught in schools."
"We have to return to family values in the schools."

Or any other red herring we've been given to rally around.

What we need in schools are educators who can educate and children who a blitheringly concerned about fucking it up because there are consequneces, not a pack of PTA wankers all spiking their red herring flags and threatening ideological debate and whining.

There is no upward movement without consequences of downward movement. Laterality denotes stasis and stasis promotes mildew.

Kick Jesus and Darwin and every other ideologically fueled agenda out of the schools for all I give a fuck until they can spell and read and add three digit numbers.

They're children. Not pawns or sociocultiral petri dishes.

xiangtao
March 7th, 2007, 02:46 AM
I certainly wasn't saying religion in schools is the problem. I was pointing to that as a symptom of the poorly educated masses. Your following quote illustrates quite nicely what I mean:

Kick Jesus and Darwin and every other ideologically fueled agenda out of the schools for all I give a fuck

All it takes is a lack of understanding of biology and suddenly Jesus and Darwin are both equally valid and this has now become an ideological fight rather than one of teaching kids solid science grounded in fact and the best research available over the last hundred years vs. superstition and nonsense.

PRobb
March 7th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Kick Jesus and Darwin and every other ideologically fueled agenda out of the schools for all I give a fuck until they can spell and read and add three digit numbers.

I've been with all the way until that. That people don't know the basic principles of science, or even the definition of the word, is the source of a lot of our problems.

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 03:57 AM
i'm apologizing in advance that i don't know how to quote 2 different posts within my post...

They're children. Not pawns or sociocultiral petri dishes.

amen! (ok...don't fight)...right on! as children they need to be raised by "parents" not tv or computers, they need to learn values from adults not meth heads, they need to know that they are empowered. they also need to know that having limits is ok. the amount of information we have on this planet is doubling every 5 years...imagine that for a moment...our kids are exposed to so much more than any of us ever were - no matter how young we are on this site...between latch-key kids, no parents at home at all, single parents trying to eek out a living, by the time the teachers get them - these kids are wacked. it's not fair to the kids - or the teachers...

more below...

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 04:03 AM
All it takes is a lack of understanding of biology and suddenly Jesus and Darwin are both equally valid and this has now become an ideological fight rather than one of teaching kids solid science grounded in fact and the best research available over the last hundred years vs. superstition and nonsense.

not to be a total pain in the ass....but i strongly disagree...and not for the reasons you might assume.

i was raised to believe everything was created.

then...in rears that biochemistry major, medical school research, and low and behold...there comes a point when even our very best science...must be taken on faith...just as much as creation...

we may get there one day - but for now - the answers have not been given to us.

xiangtao
March 7th, 2007, 04:11 AM
there comes a point when even our very best science...must be taken on faith...just as much as creation...

Ummmm...I'm going to have to disagree with you (http://rockstarramblings.blogspot.com/2006/07/doggerel-25-science-is-just-another.html).

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 04:12 AM
I find that it is more a lack of caring. The teachers/administrators don't care if the kids are retaining the information they are being given, so long as they can pass the problem off onto some other poor sap so that they no longer have to deal with it. [/I]

again, sorry for not knowing how to combine these responses...

i have to make a stand for the teachers...as i said in some post in one of these threads in the last few days...my daughter goes to a private school. why? it's not that i don't want to put that money into the bank that's for sure...

the public will not put up with more taxes, the administration (at least in oregon) is having to make up a 24 million dollar educational deficit - $24,000,000.000! that means some of the grade schools are being blended with middle schools, there are no arts, sports or music left...

poor, poor salaries for teachers and retirement? hah! (i'm not a teacher by the way)....put yourself in their shoes...would you work with 40 or 50 clients at a time that were late, disrespectful, on drugs and possibly bringing weapons into your studio for pennies...probably not. now, do it with old textbooks and no supplies!

there are teachers out there that care - that give their lives - and i mean that....and at some point they better start getting medals of honor by our president because they are making up for the ones that don't care and are guilty of what you say....but tell me...if the parents had time to be active citizens, the administration was accountable and had the funding, can't one expect there would be better education...?

i'm sorry - i can't, as a whole, blame "the teachers".

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Ummmm...I'm going to have to disagree with you (http://rockstarramblings.blogspot.com/2006/07/doggerel-25-science-is-just-another.html).

OK - that's the beauty of this site...or any conversation...

btw, i'm not referring to just creation, or big bang, or evolution...what i'm saying is that there comes a point when science has it's limitations...if you don't like the word "faith" substitute it...but we have not discovered all the answers yet - and frankly, having spent most of my life in or around medicine and research...i'm thinking we're not going to discover most of the answers we are looking for.

but do you have any more cartoons? :Wink:

xiangtao
March 7th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Did you read anything other than the cartoon?

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Did you read anything other than the cartoon?

hmm...yes...

this cavewoman actually reads...has a degree in biochemistry...um...loves a good debate and is always willing to see things from the other perspective...and respects your opinion - however difficult that might be.... :lol:

ok...i keep editing this post...sorry....

there's lots of information in the AJM and JAMA on this subject. i don't know why i bother getting worked up about this - obviously a personal issue - but neither can be proven - and that is likely what is bothering the scientist in me...btw, i'd get twice as worked up if someone was trying to convince me creation was scientifically proven.

bunnerabb
March 7th, 2007, 04:59 AM
I certainly wasn't saying religion in schools is the problem. I was pointing to that as a symptom of the poorly educated masses. Your following quote illustrates quite nicely what I mean:

Not at all.

My point was that if the basics are covered we can step away from the ideological aspects of science and diffuse it long enough to properly introduce to keen minds with a solid background in the basics.

Not fighting for their moral or religious perspectives.

The problem with religious nuts is that they're pushy and wild eyed and the problem with those who adhere with equal evangelical fervor to science is that they're sniffy and dismissive and spend too much time playing "out the Jesus freak". Neither are academically productive.

bunnerabb
March 7th, 2007, 05:06 AM
And there's a word for chopping up responses to truncate an entire train of thought in a debate.

Isn't there?

I hate to tell you this, but condescending for science is no more useful or persuasive than shouting for Jesus and if you haven't figured out that the tone and timbre of the idoelogical posturing that seems to go hand in hand with each viewpoint is what I don't want in schools, you haven't been reading anything other than the cartoon.

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 05:07 AM
The problem with religious nuts is that they're pushy and wild eyed and the problem with those who adhere with equal evangelical fervor to science is that they're sniffy and dismissive and spend too much time playing "out the Jesus freak". Neither are academically productive.

that was my outcome - thank you for making the point better than i.

ok...i'm spent...

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 05:08 AM
And there's a word for chopping up responses to truncate an entire train of thought in a debate.

Isn't there?

I hate to tell you this, but condescending for science is no more useful or persuasive than shouting for Jesus and if you haven't figured out that the tone and timbre of the idoelogical posturing that seems to go hand in hand with each viewpoint is what I don't want in schools, you haven't been reading anything other than the cartoon.

ouch...was that to me?

bunnerabb
March 7th, 2007, 05:15 AM
that being said, I think you're derailing this thread and trolling for the very sort of ideological argument that I have said should be eschewed in the pursuit of learning.

so.. if anybody wants got address the gist of the topic, dandy.

If not.. meh. I have DVD's to amuse me.

bunnerabb
March 7th, 2007, 05:16 AM
ouch...was that to me?

Nope.

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Nope.

thank goodness...i've been doin' the girl thing and re-reading all my posts to see if i misinterpreted something or came across condescending - which i get accused of often...

back to the topic at hand...what are you watching tonight? :lol:

bunnerabb
March 7th, 2007, 05:25 AM
two 17" screens and a bank of waveforms and a mixer GUI.

:D

gabby garcia
March 7th, 2007, 06:14 AM
thank goodness...i've been doin' the girl thing and re-reading all my posts to see if i misinterpreted something or came across condescending - which i get accused of often...

girl thing???

WTF is that s'posed to mean?

Evil!
gg

PRobb
March 7th, 2007, 06:29 AM
but do you have any more cartoons? :Wink:
I got one

http://womb.mixerman.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1510&stc=1&d=1173245245

PRobb
March 7th, 2007, 06:35 AM
oops

PRobb
March 7th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Here's another, gotta love Doonesbury!

http://womb.mixerman.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1511&stc=1&d=1173245877

emtou2u
March 7th, 2007, 07:16 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TSTW
March 7th, 2007, 08:03 AM
What we need in schools are educators who can educate
I see this problem day in and day out.

A couple of my friends have just left 'higher' education because of that exact reason. This can be attributed to every walk of life

xiangtao
March 7th, 2007, 07:10 PM
that being said, I think you're derailing this thread and trolling for the very sort of ideological argument that I have said should be eschewed in the pursuit of learning.

I don't see that it was me that derailed the thread and I certainly wasn't trolling. Quite the opposite as I toned down what I was originally going to say in order to (hopefully) keep this from turning into a fight. I was merely pointing out what is clearly a symptom of our nation's typically poor education.

Isn't there?

It's called quote mining, which is hardly what I did if that's what you're implying. If you feel that I misconstrued your argument, then I apologize. What I quoted was the part of your statement that I disagreed with, not what I wanted to quote in order to make you seem to say something you didn't.

I'm always happy to discuss this sort of topic but I really don't think this is the place for it. I came to this forum in order to learn more about recording music and the business/culture surrounding that enterprise. There are plenty of other forums, blogs, etc. where this debate is much more appropriate.

bunnerabb
March 7th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'm always happy to discuss this sort of topic but I really don't think this is the place for it. I came to this forum in order to learn more about recording music and the business/culture surrounding that enterprise. There are plenty of other forums, blogs, etc. where this debate is much more appropriate.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I only responded since you brought that topic to the discussion. I hope I was reasonably lucid and candid and forthcoming.

Back to work.