PDA

View Full Version : I think I've finally lost it......

David Aurora
March 5th, 2007, 09:17 AM
http://www.myspace.com/thelittlewillies

the second song there, "lou reed" is about the best fucking thing ive heard in a long time. im hooked on that goddamn song. can i be saved?

mousdrvr
March 5th, 2007, 09:26 AM
"He was just tippin'em over he wasn't eatin'em"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

David Aurora
March 5th, 2007, 09:27 AM
hahaha see what i mean???

im so broke but the record store is open for another hour and a half, its only 15 minutes away and i already ate once today.......fuck, i cant handle this temptation.....

David Aurora
March 5th, 2007, 09:31 AM
ahh fuck it, cost of living is over-rated. im gonna go buy this record right now.

Cosmic Pig
March 5th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I listened to about 30 seconds of it and realized I still have no idea why people like what they do. Did nothing for me.

So expand my brain and tell me what you like about them.

Cos.

David Aurora
March 5th, 2007, 10:13 AM
ok, im 6 tracks into the record now. guess my maths is worse than i thought cause my my logic i figured id just be getting back from the store now. maybe my car has a flux capacitor.

i dunno how to explain what i like about it bro, but i do know im loving it and if i meet a chick that can sing like norah, even if she looks like a pig, a wild pig even, i WILL propose right there and then. ive never listened to one of her records before but i think i might now to hear more of that voice.

let me see......ok, the band is great, no questions there. everyone can play well and with soul. what more could you want in that regard? so thats cool. the songs are great (combination of originals and covers).

shit man, i dunno, its just good!! :D

put it this way. i put it straight in the car stereo when i left the store. i havent been able to wipe this stupid grin off my face since. its just good songs without any pretentious shit i guess.

i got no idea how to explain it. one mans whore etc.....

Thumper
March 5th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Dude. They fuckin rule!!!

emtou2u
March 6th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Dude. They fuckin rule!!!

i've been looking for something different to listen to and based on David Aurora's enthusiasm and big stiff thump from Thumper - i went & purchased it.

i like...it's the perfect to listen to on the first sunny day in P-town....65 degrees and the sun is reflecting off the river!

thank you! :grin:

blackieC
March 6th, 2007, 05:41 AM
So expand my brain and tell me what you like about them.

Cos.

I hope you don't mind if I step in on this David.

Pure unpretentious music made for the sake of making music.

I know there are a lot of people that make music for the sake of making music, but rarely is it ever carried off with such enthusiasm, humor and reckless abandon.

I, for one, am bored shitless by carefully calculated "perfect" performances. (and yet I still love Steely Dan, go figure) This shit just has fun dripping off of it.

Maybe you're just not familiar with the practice of cow tipping.

Because I've got to tell you, the mental image of Lou Reed tipping cows is fucking hilarious.

Thanks for the heads up, Ekko... ermmm... David.

This shit is gold.
:Thumbsup:

Cosmic Pig
March 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah that's all cool. For me J.J. Cale kinda set the bar. When I was 8 or 9 listening to "Clyde" I was there on the porch.

Clyde plays electric bass
Plays it with finesse and grace
Sit on the porch without no shoes
A-picking the bass and singing the blues
Misery loves company
And his old dog sings harmony
Tambourine tied to his tail
You can hear him moan, you can hear him wail
Jody May, she got a dollar
Down the road you can hear her holler
"Get up Clyde, we got something to do
That old dog can sing the blues"
He don't move, he don't flinch
Clyde, he don't move an inch
Just sit on the porch without no shoes
Picking his bass and singing the blues

The imagery is pretty cool in Lou Reed, I'll see if it grows on me.

I sorta liked Roll On better.

Cos.

David Aurora
March 6th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I hope you don't mind if I step in on this David.

Pure unpretentious music made for the sake of making music.

I know there are a lot of people that make music for the sake of making music, but rarely is it ever carried off with such enthusiasm, humor and reckless abandon.

I, for one, am bored shitless by carefully calculated "perfect" performances. (and yet I still love Steely Dan, go figure) This shit just has fun dripping off of it.

Maybe you're just not familiar with the practice of cow tipping.

Because I've got to tell you, the mental image of Lou Reed tipping cows is fucking hilarious.

Thanks for the heads up, Ekko... ermmm... David.

This shit is gold.
:Thumbsup:

Bingo!