PDA

View Full Version : Exploding batteries!

Comte de St Germain
March 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
FYI the other night, just as the ol' lady and myself were heading off to bed we heard a loud pop, she saw the flames and we immediately put them out. At first we thought it was the old houses electrical but it turned out to be our camcorder battery that exploded and shot across the room almost igniting a laundry pile, a couch but instead just burned a large divot into our heart pine floor.

If we would have gone to bed earlier I can't help but wonder what could have happened.

Please, all of you, know these things are not as safe as one would think, try to charge them only while they can be supervised.

BTW no recall on the battery brand...

jerryskid
March 6th, 2007, 11:30 PM
FYI the other night, just as the ol' lady and myself were heading off to bed we heard a loud pop, she saw the flames and we immediately put them out. At first we thought it was the old houses electrical but it turned out to be our camcorder battery that exploded and shot across the room almost igniting a laundry pile, a couch but instead just burned a large divot into our heart pine floor.

If we would have gone to bed earlier I can't help but wonder what could have happened.

Please, all of you, know these things are not as safe as one would think, try to charge them only while they can be supervised.

BTW no recall on the battery brand...

Me thinks Dick Chaney is behind this......

Cosmic Pig
March 6th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Lithium. They still sell them too.