PDA

View Full Version : Screw Nor Cal...

leester
March 7th, 2007, 07:10 PM
...and the mous it rode in on. It'd cost me 2 weeks salary in gas and a trailer hitch on the caddy to get to THEIR lil shindig.

The madd bunnr spends the hot months up 'round the big lakes, there's a handful of us here near the nipple of the buckeye state, and there's a bunch of ya's hordin' BBQ down 'round memphis, and probably plenty in between.

Who else is on this side and up for a get together of some sort?

AFAIK, we're doin' a block party / wifey b-day / kid graduation / lee eats too much BBQ weekend early in June which I can extend an invitation. (I think hehe... just bring a card for the wifey)

Let's get some discussion goin' here for us over here in the right time zone.

I hear there's some prime weeks to visit Memphis, I'm sure the wife would appreciate a trip to PIB, and I'd rather go to both...

Idears?

lees

jerryskid
March 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Naw the mous is okay in my book.....He'd be too willing anyway (NTTAWWT)

Already talked to a friend about going to the big island this summer anyway...Sounds like a plan is in the works......As long as the Buckeyes show up, it'll be fun!!!!

leester
March 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM
The mous knows he's invited, I just know it's a long haul. I am only 'bout 3 seconds from CVG tho if anyone ever gets a layover there.

lees

mousdrvr
March 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM
...and the mous it rode in on.

:lol: :lol:

Ok that's IT!

You guys are blockaded!

No more Premium Green Bud, No more Red Wine and Micro Brew, and Certainly NO more Tie Dye or Patchuli for you guys!

..... oh wait you guys make all that stuff now anyway uh?

Oh well,

Have a Blast with your guys' shindig. Whacha bet Bubba makes both of'em AND throws one of his own?

-mous

Cosmic Pig
March 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM
"premium green bud"

Hahahahaha... that's just the crap we send you guys. The good stuff is red and we keep it for ourselves.

Cos.

vanblah
March 7th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I hear there's some prime weeks to visit Memphis, I'm sure the wife would appreciate a trip to PIB, and I'd rather go to both...

Idears?

lees

Holy crap! I hope you're not talking about Memphis in May. Good luck trying to get a room during that fiasco. Of course, since I'm a local I'm kinda burned out on it. I haven't gone in several years.

mousdrvr
March 7th, 2007, 11:42 PM
"premium green bud"

Hahahahaha... that's just the crap we send you guys. The good stuff is red and we keep it for ourselves.

Cos.

Naw Dude, it's actually Purple! but I'll probably be fed to the Whales by the tie dye mafia for telling ya. :lol:

jerryskid
March 8th, 2007, 12:40 AM
:lol: :lol:

Ok that's IT!

You guys are blockaded!

No more Premium Green Bud, No more Red Wine and Micro Brew, and Certainly NO more Tie Dye or Patchuli for you guys!

-mous

Hey...I had you're back....:icon_eek:

mousdrvr
March 8th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Hey...I had you're back....:icon_eek:

So noted!
pm me your location and we'll scout a secure location for your airdrop. :lol:

-mous

El Cabron
March 8th, 2007, 02:37 AM
...and the mous it rode in on. It'd cost me 2 weeks salary in gas and a trailer hitch on the caddy to get to THEIR lil shindig.

The madd bunnr spends the hot months up 'round the big lakes, there's a handful of us here near the nipple of the buckeye state, and there's a bunch of ya's hordin' BBQ down 'round memphis, and probably plenty in between.

Who else is on this side and up for a get together of some sort?

AFAIK, we're doin' a block party / wifey b-day / kid graduation / lee eats too much BBQ weekend early in June which I can extend an invitation. (I think hehe... just bring a card for the wifey)

Let's get some discussion goin' here for us over here in the right time zone.

Idears?

lees

aside from the weak beer, the brown weed and the insects, I'm sure y'all will have a fine get-together in your time zone.

We'll think of you guys while we're luxuriating in the golden hills of coastal California, drinking cold micro's and throwing avocados at tech millionares and their Volvos.

E

dikledoux
March 8th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Memphis in May is okay... the music festival is the best weekend. As VanBlah mentioned it can be tough to find lodging and besides that, the lineup for the event won't be out til mid-March. It's worth waiting to find out cuz it isn't always a great lineup. The best thing about the Beale Street Music Fest is that most of the acts that don't draw a crowd are the ones I like the most. So it's plenty of room, casual, drinky beer, eat corndog, talk to people you don't know, listen to tunes.

Unless it's raining. Then it's just a drag altogether.

dik

leester
March 9th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Somehow I just think it might be more fun if we all crowded around bunner and gave him moist pro pointers all weekend.

Wonder how much space is back there... :lol:

mwuhahahaa

Y'all can come here and we can heckle swafford all night.

mees

Spock
March 9th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Y'all can come here and we can heckle swafford all night.

I've already done that. You can heckle me if you want, I'm used to it, the wife does it all the time.

Tim Armstrong
March 9th, 2007, 04:13 AM
I'm already hosting the Ocean City, Maryland Telecaster Jam (for members of the Telecaster Discussion Page (Re-Issue) and anyone else who's interested, on April 28th.

I'd be up for a road trip maybe, but we start gigging every weekend about then, and go through the end of September...

Shit, I oughta call an East Coast Womb Invasion in on my position...

Cheers, Tim

eagan
March 9th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Bunner doesn't just spend the hot months around the big ponds, both he and I are within miles of one of them (although some chunk of distance in between us, apparently).

A Put in Bay thing would sound reasonable to me, since it's not a big distance away (I might even be closer than Bunner's home base), and a good excuse to get out there (oddly enough, I've never been out there).

JLE

leester
March 9th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I'm already hosting the Ocean City, Maryland Telecaster Jam (for members of the Telecaster Discussion Page (Re-Issue) and anyone else who's interested, on April 28th.

I'd be up for a road trip maybe, but we start gigging every weekend about then, and go through the end of September...

Shit, I oughta call an East Coast Womb Invasion in on my position...

Cheers, Tim

Oooh! A TDPRI Party! I don't lurk over there enough, but I got 2 Tele's. One's even a RI. :D

Off to google maps to calculate driving distance...

mees