PDA

View Full Version : Fuck technology.

David Aurora
March 8th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Ok, brace yourselves. I don't recall having gone off on a motherfucking rant here yet.

FUCK!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

I FUCKING HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!

I'm mixing my album at the moment. 4 songs done in 3 days so far, going pretty well. 9 songs total, and allowing for revisions and days where shit hits the fan, I'd say by the end of next week I'll have the damn thing done.

So yesterday was a bit of a struggle to find momentum, had a couple visitors, TOTALLY changed the sound of one song and couldn't get used to the change although it had to happen. But today I thought I'd walk straight in, boot up, get straight into it. I had a bunch of (now forgotten) ideas too.

MOTHERFUCKING CUNT OF A COMPUTER!!!!!!

Or, should I say, FUCKING WHOREBAG MOLE OF A COCK-JOCKEY MODEM!!!!!

I booted up ye olde mac, and logged in. Seemed to take an extra few seconds to log in, then the desktop picture shows up.....and nothing. I'm waiting, and waiting...I reboot.......login, waiting, waiting........FUCK!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?????!!!

The desktop pic would load, and eventually in the top right corner an aussie flag would slowly slide down into position along with the little ethernet icon and phone icon. but no finder.

FUCK YOU FINDER, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU????!!!! I DON'T REMEMBER ANY MEMOS THAT SAID "Dear David, fuck you very much. I don't feel like working today. Cunt. Love, Finder" SO WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR CAPER, FINDER????!!!

I tried booting from my diskwarrior cd. Nup, sorry, won't boot. I left the mac off for a minute then tried again, both normal boot and from diskwarrior cd. Same fucking story. Fuck.

Eventually I logged back in after a normal boot and sat staring at the spinning ball taunting me. I dragged the mouse over to the ethernet icon out of boredom and whaddayaknow, it turned into a pointer. Hmm......I clicked it......it opened the dropdown menu. Ok, at least something's happening. I opened my system prefs from there, and suddenly I had a nice blue apple in the top left of my screen. I clicked it to see if I could find a way to access some utilities without the finder and suddenly the finder appeared, dock loaded and all was fine and dandy.

Fucking jerk of a computer. You just wasted half an hour of my life.

I figured to be on the safe side I oughta run some tests, run YASU etc, so I did all that. YASU reboots, I log in....

"BAM!!!! TAKE THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!" (the OS exclaimed)

"I'M STILL NOT WORKING YOU SILLY FUCK!!!!! APRIL FUCKING FOOLS.....IN MARCH.....THAT'S HOW MUCH OF A CUNT I AM!!!"

FUCK! GODDAMN YOU.

Then I noticed on the PC that's networked over the modem that there was no internet connection even though the modem was all lit up like the cheap whore that it is. I checked for a dial tone, yep, my phone is still connected. SO WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Unplugged the modem from the mac, rebooted, logged in, and it works. Good. But fuck you to the modem.

Plugged it back into the mac, rebooted the modem to get the mac seeing a connection again and it worked long enough to log onto myspace for a minute and start typing this. Now its flicking on an off twice a minute or so.

I've now lost hours to computer bullshit today.

Fuck technology. Bring me my stone tools.

*I just recapped a modem to post this. Rep me mofos.

Mixerman
March 8th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Unplugged the modem from the mac

Ahem.

Fuck technology.

I'm with ya brother. But, you know...

Mixerman

*I just recapped a modem to post this. Rep me mofos.[/quote]

Tim Halligan
March 8th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Ok, brace yourselves. I don't recall having gone off on a motherfucking rant here yet.

FUCK!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

Ah...the inevitability of it.

Had to happen...eventually.

Now this place finally feels like home. :D

Cheers,
Tim

lebouche
March 8th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I agree totally....Fuck technology and fuck computers. Mines off on holiday for a week to get looked at in its last month of warrenty. 1st generation macbook pro and falling to bits, crashing all the time, slowed down to a snails pace, losing files overheating...melted two chargers already. Dodgy battery.
CwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCword CwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCword CwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCwordCword CwordCwordCword

Whats Yasu apart from hello in greek?? I cant find my osx disk either so cant run the system check prog that comes with it.

I feel your pain...almost..but mines blocking yours out:Sad:

Brendo
March 8th, 2007, 04:07 PM
I agree totally....Fuck technology and fuck computers. Mines off on holiday for a week to get looked at in its last month of warrenty.

you should get applecare on that shit.

Thumper
March 8th, 2007, 04:24 PM

That's your 666th post, just so you know.

lebouche
March 8th, 2007, 04:45 PM

What extend the warrenty?? I'm hoping they are going to rebuild the fucker but it might be sensible.
It needs a new board if it is overheating..and a new screen as there is a black blotch on the bottom of the screen. I had to pay for aq new charger the other day because I just couldnt work without a replacement.

Mixerpuppet
March 8th, 2007, 04:51 PM
My laptop did worse....

I'm in recovery mode...

Total reload of the whole enchilada...

I might even have to crack the case to urinate directly on the mainboard for sure...

I have 3 desk tops as back-ups...

If things get really ugly I also have an ATR-60-16...

I wish I coulda filmed your rant...

That way I could put it on youtube and guide noob's in that general direction...

So ya wanna be a produceh...

omikl
March 8th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Hmm. I think I'll stick with Wintel boxes then. Better the devil you know & all that.

Fulcrum
March 8th, 2007, 05:16 PM
That's your 666th post, just so you know.

Check out his rank title.

"My Ex."

Classic.

Azraphael
March 8th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your technological clusterfuck....

....but damn, it's nice to have you back in such fine fucking form!

:)

Cheers,

Dave

CurtZHP
March 8th, 2007, 11:29 PM
:lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, man, I couldn't help it. That outburst was classic!

You are a warrior poet!

I honestly feel terrible for laughing, but.......

(snicker...)

David Aurora
March 9th, 2007, 03:29 AM
I've glued my head back together, all is well.

YASU = Yet Another System Utility. Found it in a thread around here somewhere, seems to work good. Mac was getting a bit pissed off from lack of maintanance before I started using it recently, seems to help. Totally forgot that was hello in greek, I had a greek mate that used to say it all the time

I might even have to crack the case to urinate directly on the mainboard for sure...

LMFBO!

TSTW
March 9th, 2007, 04:14 AM
As a member of your team Dave, not only will i feel your pain but i'll pull out some blunt object to repeatably stab myself in the eye.

jokes aside, best o' luck with that

Webs
March 9th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Pen and paper work great

...assuming you're writing a symphony for crumpled paper and silence.

Seriously, I feel for you. My Macs have always behaved, something for which I'm forever thankful and likely I attribute it to good upbringing (I sent them away when they were younger).

I wish you the best in getting back to what you love with the least amount of hassle.

BTW: the origami boulder business is all the rage right now.

Lorin
March 13th, 2007, 11:06 AM
MOTHERFUCKING CUNT OF A COMPUTER!!!!!!

That's redundant. If you write the word "computer" the "motherfucking cunt" part is superfluous and repetitive.

I recently retired a four-year-old Windows laptop that weighed six hundred pounds, was the size of suitcase nd made more noise than a jet fighter. Replaced it with a slick, small, quiet MacBook Pro. I miss that ol' Windows suitcase...

I found a few ways to fuck up the Windows machine, but it was always my own doing. This machine is much simpler -- I don't have to trouble myself with finding ways to fuck it up, it takes care of that ALL ON ITS OWN.

Two weeks ago I wiped the hard drive, reinstalled the OS, got all the updates and installed PTLE. Within a week I could no longer repair permissions because "no valid package" could be found (whatever the hell that means).

By Thursday I couldn't work on a session for more than about two minutes before getting a permanent beachball. That meant hitting save after EVERY single little thing I did, and force quit / restarting PT dozens of times to finish a simple little project with a deadline.

The helpful lady at Apple said I should try wiping the hard drive and reinstalling... oh... hmm...

I can't imagine working without a computer anymore, but I sure wish I could.

Brendo
March 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM
something's fucked. take it in to an apple store and get it looked at. bad hard disk maybe?!

lebouche
March 14th, 2007, 02:36 AM
My mac is in rehab for a week...addicted to crashing like a David Kronenburg film.
I hope it dies...so I get a new one.:Mad:

Bob Olhsson
March 14th, 2007, 03:23 AM
:Thumbsup:

omikl
March 14th, 2007, 06:16 AM
I'm currently playing around with a Linux bootable CD version called Slax. So far so good if all I want is a websurfing & document writing tool, but I don't think there are any Linux DAWS are there?

Tim Armstrong
March 14th, 2007, 06:20 AM
I don't think there are any Linux DAWS are there?

Looks there is at least one:

http://ardour.org/

Cheers, Tim

Charles Dye
March 14th, 2007, 06:49 AM
technology sux... couldn't live w/o it.

nice avatar.

bbkong
March 14th, 2007, 08:32 PM
This thread begs three questions:

1) If all the DAWs of the world suddenly disappeared, how many would move directly to the unemployment line or have to get a real job?

2) What would happen to music if suddenly you had to sit down and completely write and arrange a song before you went and bought a spool of tape?

3) Why does bong water taste so bad?

magicchord
March 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM

1) If all the DAWs of the world suddenly disappeared, how many would move directly to the unemployment line or have to get a real job? About half

2) What would happen to music if suddenly you had to sit down and completely write and arrange a song before you went and bought a spool of tape? It would groove a lot more, that's for sure

3) Why does bong water taste so bad? You just haven't developed a taste for it yet

6x2
March 15th, 2007, 01:33 AM
*I just recapped a modem to post this. Rep me mofos.

Gotta give the man a break!

Nice to see your first proper rant here, David. You know we've missed them.

Just remember: breathe in. Then breathe out. Then carry on.

FUCK!!!

6x2

David Aurora
March 15th, 2007, 07:02 AM

1) If all the DAWs of the world suddenly disappeared, how many would move directly to the unemployment line or have to get a real job?

2) What would happen to music if suddenly you had to sit down and completely write and arrange a song before you went and bought a spool of tape?

1. id say a solid 60% of so called engineers.

2. for the most part releases would be way cooler. although theres a couple exceptions

3. no idea, im the only engineer in the world who has never smoked weed i think!

Charles Dye
March 15th, 2007, 07:18 AM
im the only engineer in the world who has never smoked weed i think!

Explains a lot. :lol:

David Aurora
March 15th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Explains a lot. :lol:

not really, dunno how i bought fucking pro-tools sober!!!

then again.....i was a drinker at the time....... :icon_eek:

bbkong
March 15th, 2007, 07:37 AM
I just maxed out my rep points on you.

I'll try again tomorrow.
:lol:

Charles Dye
March 15th, 2007, 07:58 AM
im the only engineer in the world who has never smoked weed i think!

btw, this 1 duznt really qualify u 4 bragging rites. :Roll eyes:

mousdrvr
March 15th, 2007, 07:59 AM

No fucking clue!

Such vibe and coolness could only portend the second coming.
I'm serious about that. I've been doing this for a while and the only stuff on my shelf I can listen to without throwing up a little in my mouth was done with a well rehearsed band to 2 inch. I would have given that shit to my CaPE team but I no longer have a tape player :Roll eyes:

That's the point really. The toxins are meant to accumulate IN the water and not in YOU

HOOK
March 15th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Pieces of technology (espec. cuntputers ) are like children or animals; No logic and when you realy need them to perform e g do what they are supposed to do, they piss themselves and laughe in your face...but you still love them....er.... sometimes

HOOK

lebouche
March 15th, 2007, 08:58 PM

You are absolutely right!! People like me should not complain about computer probs..I would prob never get a lookin if it wasnt for DAWS...well maybe I woulda managed something.
When I was a very young kid I used to record words or beats or phrases from one tape deck to the other. A very crude form of remixing/editing... I think the goal was to make a sound collage.
Is is frustrasting though to buy the best computer gear on the market and find out that you were sold a first gen piece of shit that they know is faulty but wont replace.:)

magicchord
March 15th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I just maxed out my rep points on you.

I'll try again tomorrow.
:lol:

Seems like rep points don't work anymore on certain people.
It used to be that MM was the cruel and arbitrary hatchet-man.
Now there's a new sheriff I guess.

THE HABS SUCK!
HOCKEY SUCKS!
AARDVARK SUCKS!!!
whatever

mousdrvr
March 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Seems like rep points don't work anymore on certain people.
It used to be that MM was the cruel and arbitrary hatchet-man.
Now there's a new sheriff I guess.

THE HABS SUCK!
HOCKEY SUCKS!
AARDVARK SUCKS!!!
whatever

Dude do you hear that?
That is the sound of my NOT touching this issue with a 10 foot
pole :lol:

BTW, I see you have adjusted you sig for inflation. Or did Paula just drop that palimony thing? I don't get why she was hitting you up for money in the first place. I mean, doesn't she have enough of her own?

-mous