PDA

View Full Version : By any chance......

David Aurora
March 16th, 2007, 02:39 AM
....does anybody have an evil gong sample handy?

Just finishing mixing my record and it's crying for an epic evil fucked up gong at the peak of the second last song....

Tim Halligan
March 16th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Maybe...

My samples organisation system is MIA.

OK. Ya got me.

I don't have one.

I'll have a look for you...it's a big gong that's bent lower in pitch as it progresses...

I'll get back to ya.

Cheers,
Tim

emtou2u
March 16th, 2007, 03:17 AM
....does anybody have an evil gong sample handy?

i've got the gong- it's too big to get to a studio...i know that doesn't help...but it's a traditional Balinese temple gong...big sound! thought i'd throw a pic up - but it's too big...

hrasco
March 16th, 2007, 04:07 AM
I could probably go sample em's gong this weekend, that is, if it truly is evil.

emtou2u
March 16th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I could probably go sample em's gong this weekend, that is, if it truly is evil.

Hrasco - you're more than welcome to...evil is as evil does....:Twisted:

:lol:

archtop
March 16th, 2007, 04:30 AM
I had a session last year that used one.

so I went and sampled it for you.

Tim Halligan
March 16th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Check yer PM's

Cheers,
Tim

David Aurora
March 16th, 2007, 04:44 AM
thanks guys :)

p.s. this is probably a good time to ask seeing as i cant access the sample archtop posted. why is it that whenever i click attachments in the womb it makes me log in (even though im already logged in), and then when i log in, it makes me log in again.....and again.....and i never actually get to access attachments?

jerryskid
March 16th, 2007, 05:31 AM
When you log in do you click "remember user" ?..that could be your problem..

kwiksilver
March 16th, 2007, 06:07 AM
When you log in do you click "remember user" ?..that could be your problem..

I doubt it. I have Firefox set to erase cookies, history, etc. each time I exit.

One thing I found out is don't click on an attachment and then try and log in. The software tends to set you up in a loop when you back page that's a pain in the ass to get out of.

It's best to a back page from the attachment and then Log In.

kwik

MacGregor
March 16th, 2007, 09:59 AM
thanks guys :)

p.s. this is probably a good time to ask seeing as i cant access the sample archtop posted. why is it that whenever i click attachments in the womb it makes me log in (even though im already logged in), and then when i log in, it makes me log in again.....and again.....and i never actually get to access attachments?

I doubt it.

Have a look here (http://womb.mixerman.net/showthread.php?p=9737)

Mac

kwiksilver
March 16th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Have a look here (http://womb.mixerman.net/showthread.php?p=9737)

Mac

Thanks Mac. I never saw that thread.

I have never clicked on the "remember me" anywhere I have to sign in due the persistent cookies issue (a moot point with Firefox the way I configure it).

I wonder, what's the purpose in programming the software that way?

kwik

archtop
March 16th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I did adownload and upload, just to see
if it works better for you.

I think it will

The last one showed it was quicktime L. wav.

like half of an interleaved stereo file.

This one is not a quicktime wav.

Lets hope it works.

MacGregor
March 16th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks Mac. I never saw that thread.

I have never clicked on the "remember me" anywhere I have to sign in due the persistent cookies issue (a moot point with Firefox the way I configure it).

I wonder, what's the purpose in programming the software that way?

kwik

Programmers without glue. There is a reason why there are
persistent AND session cookies.

MacNerd

David Aurora
March 17th, 2007, 01:36 AM
fuck, thanks guys!

downloaded the new file no probs and haven't even tried clicking the remember me button yet so that was cool

by the way tim, totally forgot to write back to say thanks yesterday, was a bit hectic in the arvo. i finally rang an agent and was going through the motions to close the studio in two months.

I'M FREE!!!! well.....kinda. ill be building a new one next year probably, bigger and better, but in the meantime im gonna drop the stress down a couple gears for the rest of the year.

anyways, sidetracking.

archtop- i think we have a winner. i actually JUST finished typing a message to flipper saying that after i posted last in this thread i had managed to get the song sounding right without it, but a gong is a terrible thing to waste and that gong sounds fucking perfect for the song.

thanks again all :)