PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Passage

E. Shaun
March 16th, 2007, 04:39 AM
I reckon there are a dozen or so of us within a five hour radius, in and around the Vancouver / Seattle / Portland area...so why not get together? I think a few of us already have in some sense; Team Evergreen in CAPE IV were mostly in Washington etc...but I'd definitely be game for making it down to Seattle or somewhere in that general area if a few of you Nor'westers want to get together.

Thoughts? Feelings? Ideas?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to pipe up in the thread.

archtop
March 16th, 2007, 04:42 AM
We're totally due.

I'm in :)

hrasco
March 16th, 2007, 06:10 AM
I'd love to.

Don't know if I can make it work but I'd give it the old college try.

fizbin
March 16th, 2007, 07:47 AM
I'm in. :Wink:

So is D.B. Cooper.

Jay

Mixerpuppet
March 16th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I'll giver it a try....

Pre or Post of CapeV finals?

before might be better as to not spend too much time laughing at me...

Hey we could invade the EMP like tourists from another country...

emtou2u
March 16th, 2007, 10:09 PM
i'm in FIJI right now...life is rough heh? i'm slaving away - yes, i'm working! Evil! but still :Thumbsup:

however, i'd love to put faces with these names another time!

E. Shaun
March 17th, 2007, 01:32 AM
i'm in FIJI right now...life is rough heh? i'll send pics of me slaving away (yes, i'm working!) if you want to see my project...i'm at www.namalefiji.com...i was going to upload some pics on the Weekend Thread since it's Saturday here .... we'll see!

however, i'd love to put faces with these names another time!

Well, I was thinking perhaps a month from now, so I dunno if you'll be back by then or not. I'd love to work something out where a lot of us can get together for a few hours, whether it's just lunch or some other activity. We could always lynch mob a Seattle studio, you know...

Anyhow, I'm just throwing this out there. I'm game for pretty much anything.

Webs
March 17th, 2007, 02:08 AM
As long as I'm in town, I'm in!

Carlo
March 17th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Oh, you know I wanna be at this shin-dig!!

A nice afternoon of beer drinkin' in Skagit Valley...Conway Tavern perhaps?!

E. Shaun
March 17th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Oh, you know I wanna be at this shin-dig!!

A nice afternoon of beer drinkin' in Skagit Valley...Conway Tavern perhaps?!

You have no idea how many times during the summers as a teenager my father and I used to head across the border to go to Skagit Speedway. I haven't been down there for a few years now, but I definitely have fond memories of the 410 Sprint cars. I seem to remember even Kasey Kahne raced there once. Probably Chad Little at one point too.

The Skagit valley might be a bit too far north for any Portlanders (here's lookin' at you, Em) though, no?

kwiksilver
March 17th, 2007, 06:55 AM
The Skagit valley might be a bit too far north for any Portlanders (here's lookin' at you, Em) though, no?

Nice area, about a four hour drive, more if you hit a bottleneck going through Seattle.

kwiksilver

hrasco
March 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM
i'm in FIJI right now...

I hate you.....

:Wink:

J.G.
March 17th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Wish I could join vous!

Have a FABULOSO time tippin' a few.

; J

hrasco
March 17th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Let's meet in Fiji! Second choice, France.

Carlo
March 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Hey, I'll swing by Uncle Archtop's place, put him and his dogs in my truck, and we'll be anywhere ya'll are!

E...gives us a window of the dates yer thinkin' about!

E. Shaun
March 17th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I was thinking maybe the weekend after Easter? So...the 14th / 15th, or the 21st / 22nd? I'm happy to go pretty much anywhere down the I-5. Portland might be a bit far for a day trip, so Seattle strikes me as a good compromise, since it's about 2.5 hours from both Vancouver and Portland. It's not like the East Coast where you can hit six major metropolitan centres within 100 miles...

But yeah, the only thing I don't know about is a good location to get together. Ideas?

Of course, if we chose Portland, we could all crash Em's spa...musical massages, anyone? :Twisted:

emtou2u
March 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Of course, if we chose Portland, we could all crash Em's spa...musical massages, anyone? :Twisted:

hey there guys...i'm always up for a road trip...and i did just vacation (if that's what you call it in the rain & wind) up at Camano Island -- so i'm used to drivin'...however...as e-shaun will see when he gets his PM...both those weekends are out for me (they are the weekends surrounding my lil' girls spring break and i promised her a little trip)....BUT don't you dare reschedule...my schedule can always change....so make a plan!!!! and yes, musical massages are good.....aren't they HRASCO? hee hee hee ....

but, my .02 is that seattle and the surrounding (northerly) islands are the most beautiful place in the world...take chuckanut drive up to bellingham...ok...now that's a girl talkin'...

i guess a tavern sounds fine:Confused: .....:lol:

emtou2u
March 17th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I hate you.....

please don't...i almost died here in '03 during Hurricane/Cyclone Amy...

but thar's no hurricane right now...:Coolio: :lol:

-o.k. go ahead and hate!

P.S. let me know when the J.G. get together happens...i think i can actually change the rotation of the earth (my scarey schedule) to tip one back with that groooooovy gurl.....:Wink:

E. Shaun
March 17th, 2007, 09:03 PM
One thing I love about Bellingham is that the best used book store in the world (okay, okay...the best used book store I've been to, at least) is there...Henderson's. A few times a year I make a trip down there just for that.

We could always do it March 31st... The next weekend would be fine too, but since it's Easter, some folks might have some familial obligations. The border will be a nightmare too, but I'm game if it's the consensus date. Other than that, April 28th or 29th would work.

I like the idea of March 31st, though. Thoughts?

hrasco
March 17th, 2007, 09:48 PM
FWIW I'm goin' back East for a week starting the 31st.

Mixerpuppet
March 19th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I'm busy the 14th of April...

FYI...

I refuse to go to place where the probablility of me having to drive Carlo and Archtop home in the back of a Pickup truck is high. Especially if there is no canopy on the truck... or a lock!!

AS SEEN ON COPS

"I'm sorry officer, I didn't see that they had removed thier clothes and threw them at the cars following me...."

"No.... I didn't see them urinating on the hood of your patrol car..."

"No... it's not my pickup"

"No... thats not my bong nor is that my weed..."

"I didn't do anything... Im just the driver"

"Hey aren't you being a little rough"

"put the tazer awa btzzzzztttz..."

"no.... those aren't my panties either...

E. Shaun
March 20th, 2007, 12:14 AM
I have a feeling NO weekend is going to be perfect for everyone...as such, I'm going to arbitrarily pick March 31st as The Date...and location is still in limbo. If you want to take it away from public view, just let me know and we can start chatting via PM or email. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting some of you...and re-meeting the others. :Coolio:

archtop
March 20th, 2007, 12:37 AM
I gotta run sound for dilberts band "the Tailgunners"
at the Lake Point in N. Seattle March 31 10:30 ish.

Not sayin' I can't make it, just sayin' :)

E. Shaun
March 20th, 2007, 12:54 AM

AM or PM?

emtou2u
March 20th, 2007, 01:16 AM
I have a feeling NO weekend is going to be perfect for everyone...as such, I'm going to arbitrarily pick March 31st as The Date...

i'm checkin' my blackberry....... :Wink: :lol:

:Razz:

Carlo
March 20th, 2007, 01:31 AM

Might be the makings of a great day...meet first for dinner, then catch a set or two! That makes it a late night for some, but I'm halfway back to the border, and make a mean plate of scrambled eggs!

And my light is always on!:Wink:

Dilbert
March 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Yo Arch - I will release you from your bonds if this meeting of
Gnoble Audio Gnights determines the Lakepointe is unsuitable
for this gathering of giants.

But in an effort to shed a light here is some pertinent info on
the occasion to help you guy's detrmine the suitability of the
venue and the evenings festivities.

The Club
http://www.myspace.com/thelakepointe
Arch was the hose er - HOUSE guy there for 5+ years-
besides the fact that he is my friend thats why
I hire him when we're there.

The Bands.

This is my band - we play 1st.
http://www.myspace.com/tailgunnersrock

The other bands - in order -2/3
http://www.myspace.com/plussizemodelpsm
http://www.myspace.com/angelahammontree

Hope this helps your decision - if I did'nt have a gig I would
probably tag along with Archtop just to meet you guys.

Whatever you guys do - have a good one.

Dil(still lurking at REP)bert

mousdrvr
March 21st, 2007, 07:14 AM
"I'm sorry officer, I didn't see that they had removed thier clothes and threw them at the cars following me...."

"No.... I didn't see them urinating on the hood of your patrol car..."

"No... it's not my pickup"

"No... thats not my bong nor is that my weed..."

"I didn't do anything... Im just the driver"

"Hey aren't you being a little rough"

"put the tazer awa btzzzzztttz..."

You're a good man Pup!

Truly discretion is the better part of valor.

Take care northern peoples!

-mous

Carlo
March 21st, 2007, 09:42 PM
I'm busy the 14th of April...
FYI...
I refuse to go to place where the probablility of me having to drive Carlo and Archtop home in the back of a Pickup truck is high. Especially if there is no canopy on the truck... or a lock!!

Mixer...'fore I get too wobbly, make sure I get you a few shots for the road!

fizbin
March 21st, 2007, 10:11 PM
I live about 3 or 4 miles from Lake Pointe grill. Consider my vote for this location a "yes".:grin:

emtou2u
March 21st, 2007, 10:29 PM
I live about 3 or 4 miles from Lake Pointe grill. Consider my vote for this location a "yes".:grin:

now stop your braggin' there fizzy :Wink:

March 31 leaves Hrasco out :Sad: ...next time maybe?

The Lake Pointe looks cool...it looks like i'd have to pull out a 'real old' pair of Levi's with the Harley Davidson patch across the ass...now where were they? :Wink:

sounds great! my only "do not pass go" card is my brother's 2nd baby is due April 11 and it might be early...and i'm helpin' to deliver :D :Thumbsup: ....so...i won't make it if that happens...but otherwise...i'm thinkin' a vodka gimlet, good music, great conversation....oh, is there a pool table in that place? 'cause i've got a beauty of a Q i'm tryin' to good at using!

Mixerpuppet
March 22nd, 2007, 01:47 PM
March 31 is not a good day for me...

I should have never opened my wifes planner...

All day outdoor track meet for my daughter (think 45 degrees and rain) and I just sit there and shiver for 6 to 8 hours.

My oldest daughter has a B-day party and later that evening it's a 70th sumthin B-Day dinner for my Dad...

The Lakepointe is a perfect place IMO for a gathering/invasion even though it's awfully close to fizbins. It just seems wrong that he can practically walk there...

Archtop and I have to find a good reel to reel tech... I think our machines got a virus or sumthin...

E. Shaun
March 23rd, 2007, 12:48 AM
I won't be able to stay overly late on the 31st, as I've got stuff to do the next day...so I'm thinking something along the lines of a mid-afternoon thing beforehand? Obviously the rest of you can take in the Lake Pointe that evening, but I'd probably give it a miss (despite a most gracious offer from Carlo to crash at his domicile and partake in scrambled eggs the next morning).

That's why I've just picked a date, as I know that no date is going to work perfectly for all of us.

So...anyone know of a good place for a late lunch or early dinner? Or somewhere to hang out and chat for a couple of hours?

I'm not sure if folks are willing to drive as far north as Fairhaven, but from some recent PMs I've heard it might fit the bill perfectly...thoughts?

archtop
March 23rd, 2007, 02:31 PM
We could always meet here.
1896 3000 sq,ft. old farmhouse.
lots of room.
My wife is a good hostess.
Kids cool.
Salt water right behind the house.

exit 212

E. Shaun
March 23rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
We could always meet here.
1896 3000 sq,ft. old farmhouse.
lots of room.
My wife is a good hostess.
Kids cool.
Salt water right behind the house.

exit 212

I'd be up for that. Gang?

emtou2u
March 23rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
since i think i've driven by there several times on the way to Camano....i think i could find it :Wink:

it is in Stanwood or Camano right?

Webs
March 23rd, 2007, 08:33 PM
Camano/Stanwood area can be very beautiful.
Are we still thinking Mar 31? If so, what time-ish?

E. Shaun
March 23rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Camano/Stanwood area can be very beautiful.
Are we still thinking Mar 31? If so, what time-ish?

Midafternoonish?

It's in Archtop's court now, if that's where we're going to be hanging...

archtop
March 23rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
Mid afternoon is perfect.

2:00 pm march 31st.

E. Shaun
March 24th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Mid afternoon is perfect.

2:00 pm march 31st.

Let's do it!

Carlo
March 24th, 2007, 03:12 AM
I'm in! 2 PM it is...with bells on!

Carlo
March 24th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Can Archtop figure a way to let people know exactly where he lives, other than publishing his address for the world to see?

hrasco
March 24th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Have great fun my friends. I'm so bummed I can't meet with y'all. :Sad:

your pal,

Hank

emtou2u
March 24th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Can Archtop figure a way to let people know exactly where he lives, other than publishing his address for the world to see?

hmmm....he could PM it to folks....:grin: (even 5 at a time :Wink: )

Webs
March 24th, 2007, 07:12 AM
...but do I have to still wear the clown suit and do that pre-arranged miming routine? I mean, there are other more qualified individuals for this sort of thing...

Oh, wait, we're onto timing and address... sorry <cough> <embarassed>. Was this the right time to bring things up?

E. Shaun
March 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM
So yeah...how would you like to go about granting us your address, Arch? Em's PM idea could work...just send out two batches of five PMs to the folks who have piped up in this thread? You have a week to work out the details. :Wink:

emtou2u
March 24th, 2007, 07:41 PM
...but do I have to still wear the clown suit and do that pre-arranged miming routine? I mean, there are other more qualified individuals for this sort of thing...

ok...that's it!!!!

i'm ONLY going if webby is in full costume..:Twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

J.G.
March 24th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I'm sure it'll be GRAND--have a great time ya'll!

I raise my glass in spirit.

: J

archtop
March 24th, 2007, 08:34 PM
For all those that might want to come, but have not spoken up
in the thread.
just shoot me a P.M. and I'll paste you the directions

sammz
March 24th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Would a wannabee wanker from Portland be welcome ?

Webs
March 24th, 2007, 09:34 PM
no, you have to be a serious wanker like the rest of us. and don't smile when you read that.

emtou2u
March 25th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Would a wannabee wanker from Portland be welcome ?

hey sammy.....who are you callin' a wanker? Evil!

:Wink: :lol:

archtop
March 25th, 2007, 04:51 AM
All Portlanders are welcome,

bring weed :)

For Carlo

and Webs

but mainly Carlo

emtou2u
March 25th, 2007, 04:59 AM
uh oh.....

i can already tell.....

this is NOT going to be pretty.....

:Twisted:

(that must be what the middle of the night scrambled eggs are for?) :lol:

E. Shaun
March 25th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Oh dear. Looks like I'll need to bring a portable fan with me. Last I checked, border guards are a bit sensitive about the smell of weed on folks crossing the border... :Wink:

blackieC
March 25th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Hope y'all have a lovely git-together up there in the land of evergreens and rain that lasts for months.

P.S. Borned in Portland, lived first two years in Vancouver, (the other one). Left Springfield at twelve. Still miss it.

There will be pictures, n'est pas?

mousdrvr
March 25th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Hope y'all have a lovely git-together up there in the land of evergreens and rain that lasts for months.

P.S. Borned in Portland, lived first two years in Vancouver, (the other one). Left Springfield at twelve. Still miss it.

Shit If I weren't so fucking overloaded at the moment I'd slam up there my own self. I gotta figure those guys throw a mean party.

So Blackie,

I gotta know, when's South By South Blackie Gabby and Crunch?

Aren't all y'all the last point on the compass to represent?

-mous

ella
March 25th, 2007, 06:32 AM
I'd really like to make something like this but as it stands my schedule won't permit.

Dammit.

Maybe next time.

emtou2u
March 25th, 2007, 07:15 AM

i'm thinkin' there may be some kind of birthright party pass for you...:Wink:

I'd really like to make something like this but as it stands my schedule won't permit.

Dammit.

Maybe next time.

next time! :Thumbsup:

Webs
March 25th, 2007, 07:45 AM
All Portlanders are welcome,

bring weed :)
For Carlo
and Webs
but mainly Carlo

Yes, but I prefer dandelions, or other things that grow without nurturing.
If it rips the voice apart, even better, and I am certain Carlo and I probably or possibly or maybe wombwhat agree, the more the better.

Sandpaper, that is nice. Yes, a good 30 weight really does it.

Wait, what was the question again? (and are you going to eat that?)

Webs
March 25th, 2007, 07:55 AM

Blackie, it DOES seem to last for months doesn't it? When really it...aw, heck who am i kidding...

Webs
March 25th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Oh dear. Looks like I'll need to bring a portable fan with me. Last I checked, border guards are a bit sensitive about the smell of weed on folks crossing the border... :Wink:

Shaun, I'm a fan, but I'm not sure I'm portable enough (I have a few pounds to lose.) Do I qualify?

J.G.
March 25th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Ahhhhh, no prob., just make the smokers hit the deck, (cigs or otherwise), then nature's lungs will take care of any would-be red/green scent-flags for those irksome borderguards.

If the winds are juuuuuuuuuuuuust right, perhaps I'll be able to somehow partake on an atomnal level from here?

Heheheh...

; J

Carlo
March 25th, 2007, 04:21 PM
You bet Sammz, and we will be sure to hoist one in yer honor J.G.

J.G.
March 25th, 2007, 04:25 PM
MUUUUUUUAAAAAHHHHHH!

; J

Carlo
March 25th, 2007, 04:27 PM

Yo blackie,
I was born in Houston, where it rains even more than it does here!

blackieC
March 25th, 2007, 10:40 PM
So Blackie,

I gotta know, when's South By South Blackie Gabby and Crunch?

Aren't all y'all the last point on the compass to represent?

-mous

I'm not that good at things that involve "organization" or "responsibility", but if any of you fellers or fellerettes show up in Austin and need a ride from the airport or a trip to the sleaziest bar in Round Rock (just ask Tarmadillo) then I'm your man.

Schedule permitting of course.

i'm thinkin' there may be some kind of birthright party pass for you...:Wink:

Gracias, mi amigo.

Blackie, it DOES seem to last for months doesn't it? When really it...aw, heck who am i kidding...

Not me. Been there, done that. Haven't been back to Oregon in twenty five years but I'm still waterlogged.

Yo blackie,
I was born in Houston, where it rains even more than it does here!

That's just because Houston sucks so hard that it pulls all of the bad weather off of the gulf, kind of like a black hole of suck-dom.

Sorry if I offend any Houstonites, but that town has not been "berry-berry good to me".

I just have a problem with any city that has a greater than ten mile radius.

Same goes for Dallas.

blackieC
March 25th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Picture from out my front door, ten minutes ago.

Raining here in Austin.

http://womb.mixerman.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1789&d=1174864102

Mixerpuppet
March 26th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I'm going to miss this meeting due to prior engagements with my biological family.

I will be thinking of what Im missing the entire day...

Somebody stop by Target and a get a stuffed animal (or puppet) and slap a nametag on it with Mixerpuppet written in Black permanent marker on it. Set the stuffed animal on a bar stool and talk to it as If I was there.

Take pictures and post them of the get together....

But I find out Carlo has been innapropriately hugging the puppet I'll make sure the Canadians give him Oregano...

:)

kwiksilver
March 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM

Customs Officer: sniff...sniff...hmmm...I need you to pull into Secondary and everyone kindly exit the car.

heh, heh, heh.

Been there, many times, many moons ago. Not in Blaine, but elsewhere.

Hey all. Looks like I am going to make the trip. It'll take me about 4 1/2 hours with one stop.

I need to find a hotel nearby to crash for the night.

kwiksilver

emtou2u
March 26th, 2007, 09:38 PM
kwik - where are you coming from?

kwiksilver
March 26th, 2007, 10:12 PM
kwik - where are you coming from?

Hi emtou2u,

SW Portland

kwik

archtop
March 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Too bad the Stanwood Hotel is not a hotel, but a bar.

The closest hotel is 'bout 10 miles :

http://www.hawthorn.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=2219&c=map

I'm thinkin' baked spaghetti would be good, somethin' that could hang out an' extra hour in a low oven if need be.

Webs
March 28th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Well, shoot, everybody,

now it's looking like I'm not likely to be able to participate.
(mostly because I don't like baked spaghetti... I kid, I kid.)

I've had in the background this last couple months the workings of a temporary move out of the lovely PNW, and as of about an hour ago, that move is looking like it's going to happen. So now the wave of overwhelming logistics have just set in and said, "hey, webs, you've got a lot of packing/arranging/etc. to do" to minimise the money pit that is a move.

So, have a great time, and I'll regret missing the event, but I'll see you around the womb (and catch up with you on the next one whenever I'm back around in the PNW)!

webs

archtop
March 29th, 2007, 02:28 AM
But now the flower arrangement will be all wrong.

What about Ol' Carlo, who made you two matching denim' sleeveless Levi denim jackets, to go over your leather jackets,
and pissed the word "Webs" on both of 'em.
How's he gonna feel ?
Lost, thats how.

So who do we still got?

Carlo, E-Shaun, kwiksilver, fizbin?

Sammz?
M22U ?

Webs
March 29th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Well, look, I'll still try to make it, but not if you blame me for the flower arrangement. That was your big idea mister, and NO, you wouldn't let me choose any of my favorite flowers, INSISTING, you had some "grand vision." Whatever :)

I'm just saying my being able to make it is highly unlikely. I'd like to, really would, but when life change says "go," sometimes it says "go" really quickly. I listen to that.

As for how Carlo's going to feel: I'd say 'wet' if he tries on those stellar jackets, or at least a little disgusted. Nice thought, though. Leather and denim are priceless when sleeveless. If you saw my closet you'd think I was without price, guaranteed.

Seriously, everyone, have a great time. If I can make it, I will.
Arch, if you're the type that plans food/beverages on attendees, consider me not in, and if I can somehow make it, I don't expect any food, and I'll happily contribute beverages.

webs

emtou2u
March 29th, 2007, 03:17 AM
i'll be there with bells on....

or i'll be sendin' presents! :grin:

(all depends on that lil' package i'm waitin' to deliver:Roll eyes: ....archie, i'll keep you posted....)

E. Shaun
March 29th, 2007, 03:44 AM
So who do we still got?

Carlo, E-Shaun, kwiksilver, fizbin?

Sammz?
M22U ?

I'll be there, bud. After all, I guess I kinda did sorta arrange this little conglomeration.

I can't promise that my fingers won't be seeking out your Hammond though... :Roll eyes:

robmacki
March 29th, 2007, 03:50 AM
What about a Portland get together?

Since I'm in the Southern most part of the Great NW (S. Ory-gun).

Anyone for Big Ass Burritos at Pioneer Square?:Coolio:

kwiksilver
March 29th, 2007, 03:57 AM
I should still be good to go, but I was starting to wonder how many of us were left.

kwiksilver

Webs
March 29th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Robmacki,

if I'm in the oregon area (I have family in the Portland area), during a time you launch a gathering, I'm game, but please... don't use 'ass' and 'burritos' in the same breath. ... especially if predicated by the word big.

Otherwise, we're cool, and I hope to see you around.
(base humor, I know. Sorry, couldn't resist).

Best,
webs.

kwiksilver
March 29th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Robmacki,

if I'm in the oregon area (I have family in the Portland area), during a time you launch a gathering, I'm game, but please... don't use 'ass' and 'burritos' in the same breath. ... especially if predicated by the word big.

Otherwise, we're cool, and I hope to see you around.
(base humor, I know. Sorry, couldn't resist).

Best,
webs.

LMFAO

:lol:

E. Shaun
March 29th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I should still be good to go, but I was starting to wonder how many of us were left.

kwiksilver

At least five, by my count.

fizbin
March 30th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I can't promise that my fingers won't be seeking out your Hammond though... :Roll eyes:

Is "Hammond" code for something? :icon_eek: Don't answer that. I don't want to know.

I'll try to make it - I have to weasel out of some other stuff though. I'm not a 100% sure yet.

Jay

archtop
March 30th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Come on Jay , you can do it. We know you can.

E. Shaun
March 30th, 2007, 02:58 PM
By the way, I'll be stopping for awhile in Bellingham on the way down to buy some used books, so if any of you have a burning need for old literature, speak up! :lol:

Carlo
March 31st, 2007, 12:44 AM
Well E, now that ya mention it...I could use a couple of swash-bucklin' sea-going novels fer the spring read!

E. Shaun
March 31st, 2007, 01:12 AM
Well E, now that ya mention it...I could use a couple of swash-bucklin' sea-going novels fer the spring read!

Hmm...have you read Melville's Billy Budd? It's more of a novella, mind you...great book though.

hrasco
March 31st, 2007, 03:23 AM
Anyone for Big Ass Burritos at Pioneer Square?:Coolio:

Haven't seen Big Ass but the small burrito at Honkin' Huge is enormous.

Have I mentioned how bummed I am that I can't go this weekend?

robmacki
March 31st, 2007, 03:32 AM
Haven't seen Big Ass but the small burrito at Honkin' Huge is enormous.

Have I mentioned how bummed I am that I can't go this weekend?
:icon_eek: I guess I better know the naming of parts (http://www.solearabiantree.net/namingofparts/namingofparts.html) before I post!!

Is that the name of the burrito stand right on the square with Starbucks behind to the right as you face the stand?:icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Isn't it all the same thing?

E. Shaun
April 1st, 2007, 04:05 AM
Man, that was a LOAD of fun! Seriously...I haven't had that much fun in a social setting in quite awhile.

Beers, spirits, musicians, conversation, more spirits, music, jamming, more beers, visit from Santa's (rather, Emtou2u's) emissary to provide us with a stunning amount of more spirits and other gifts. Seriously...her generosity knows no bounds.

But yeah, I'm sure there will be pictures posted at some point soon, but all the participants will agree that it was a great time all around. :Thumbsup:

mousdrvr
April 1st, 2007, 07:47 PM
Good on ya, all a ya.

I'm glad that was a success!

-mous

Carlo
April 1st, 2007, 09:07 PM
Man, that was a LOAD of fun!

But yeah, I'm sure there will be pictures posted at some point soon, but all the participants will agree that it was a great time all around. :Thumbsup:

aw hell...I forgot about the cameras. Was that the flashin' lights??

archtop
April 1st, 2007, 09:07 PM
Wow, it was a lot of fun.

I was honored such fine folks drove so far just to be with my lame ass,

and how cool this whole whacky bunch of all of us, have this "I'm so very glad to be here" feeling about this community,
many of us have been hangin' together for many years now,
as lebouche called us his "virtual friends"
yeah I guess, 'cept I have physical friends that I don't like
or respect as much as I do some of you fine folks.

So where was I, oh yeah.
M2 sent gifts, delivered by a lovely friend of hers.
small world, yada yada... I know her cousin.

We all know M has "top drawer" tastes
and likes the finer things in life,

Well apparentlly, those that know about "Top Drawer" stuff
have yet another super secret top drawer above the one
that is the regular "Top Drawer"

That is where the gifts from M came.
The "super secret top drawer, delivered by a lovely friend".

The vodka, I'm sure I'm doing it a disservise just calling it
"the vodka" much like if it were a Stadivarious, I'de call it
just a fiddle, anyway, the vodka arrived having spent at least the previous 24 hours in a feezer, and was quite frosty,
as was the gin. And when I say "Gin", I refer you back to my
earlier stradivarious=fiddle ignoramousness.
M2, I'm humbled by your generosity and thoughtfulness.

Thank You.

Because I'm starting to glaze over,

I'm gone glaze over, the other vodka, the other scotch, the other tequila, and say thank you to all.

I checked my camera today.

I have only one picture from the day.

E. Shaun
April 1st, 2007, 09:23 PM
I'm gone glaze over, the other vodka, the other scotch, the other tequila, and say thank you to all.

The sixteen men of Tain thank you too...though at last check, they were down to fourteen, as a couple died of sheer bliss at your generosity.

MacGregor
April 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM

Ah, to my experienced eye that looks very much like a bottle of
Glenmorangie. Good stuff.
Too bad I live half a planet away from you all.

MacScotchExpert

emtou2u
April 2nd, 2007, 03:23 AM
Wow, it was a lot of fun.

I was honored such fine folks drove so far just to be with my lame ass,

i submit my humble apologies that i missed what has been hailed as a great soiree! i suppose this is the time to make the commitment for the next fine event?

and how cool this whole whacky bunch of all of us, have this "I'm so very glad to be here" feeling about this community,

i absolutely adore the folks on here - i love the humor, creativity and artistic petri dish that is the womb...but mostly...i love the fine souls that swirl around this place...:) btw...who all was in attendance?

So where was I, oh yeah.
M2 sent gifts, delivered by a lovely friend of hers.
small world, yada yada... I know her cousin.

yeah! she made it! i love lisa...i couldn't think of a better person to deliver the 'goods' that i entrusted her with...and with such great enthusiasm...i truly hope ya'll enjoyed her as much as i do...she's a wonderful woman of integrity and insight - and likes her gimlets (at least now she does!) :Wink: -- btw, archie, she was very excited about the connection with her cousins...

We all know M has "top drawer" tastes
and likes the finer things in life,

Well apparentlly, those that know about "Top Drawer" stuff
have yet another super secret top drawer above the one
that is the regular "Top Drawer"

That is where the gifts from M came.
The "super secret top drawer, delivered by a lovely friend".

i do 'so love' double-top-secret Top Drawer stuff - but more importantly - they were sent to what i consider triple-top-secret Super Top Drawer folks...did the mixerpuppet stuffed animal arrive?

The vodka, I'm sure I'm doing it a disservise just calling it
"the vodka" much like if it were a Stadivarious, I'de call it
just a fiddle, anyway, the vodka arrived having spent at least the previous 24 hours in a feezer, and was quite frosty,
as was the gin. And when I say "Gin", I refer you back to my
earlier stradivarious=fiddle ignoramousness.

:Razz: hee hee heee....me and fine gimlet go back a few years...i hope it was tasty...it's either a perfect gimlet or a blackjack with $500 on the table that makes me the happiest! :Thumbsup: :Wink:

M2, I'm humbled by your generosity and thoughtfulness.

Thank You.

Because I'm starting to glaze over,

by the looks of that bottle it doesn't loooooook like ya'll glazed over the Glen 18 very quickly...it looks like you took your time with it! good for you! i sincerely look forward to clinkin' glasses with you all very soon...:Coolio:

now, this, this is unforgivable...lisa said she took a camera but only has one picture - no one else has evidence of the soiree...or is it...."what goes on at Archtop's Place...stays at Archtop's Place?" :Wink: :lol:

all said and done - it was my honor to contribute to a great party!

kwiksilver
April 2nd, 2007, 04:18 AM
Yep! It sure was a lot of fun. Thanks for arranging this E.Shaun.

Thanks to archtop for being a great host and sharing that suuuupppeeerrrrbb bottle of Scotch with us; and to everyone else who was part of this get together: Carlo, stoner, and fizbin.

Thank to emtou2u for being so kind and generous from a distance and her friend Lisa for delivering the goods.

And special thanks to Carlo for the scramble eggs and a place to crash.

Here’s a picture of a puppet someone took with my camera.

I have some other pictures but need an OK to post from everyone who attended either via this thread or a PM.

Thanks

kwiksilver

E. Shaun
April 2nd, 2007, 04:39 AM
I have some other pictures but need an OK to post from everyone who attended either via this thread or a PM.

I have no objections to you posting any pics with my ugly mug within. I'm not responsible for any cracked computer monitors though. :Wink:

All kidding aside, I'm of the mind that if you truly don't want to be in a picture, you don't pose for it!

I'm glad to see the pic of Mixerpuppet turned out well...he certainly enjoyed the gimlets. I think the bastard took a swig of mine too.

Let's definitely do this again, folks. I'm thinking June or July...Arch mentioned something about an acoustic picnic? And we definitely need to have a REAL jam this time around.

For the record, I love Archtop's studio. It's not huge, but it just oozes vibe. His piano has one of the nicest tones I've heard out of an upright, too. Any pianist loves a piano with character. :Thumbsup:

By the way Em...all in attendance included (in order of arrival):

Archtop
Mixerpuppet (persona non corpus)
Carlo
Stoner
E. Shaun
Kwiksilver
Fizbin
Lisa (channeling Em's spirit)
Sammy (a young bassist friend of Archtop's who came to raid his fridge)

...and a good time was had by all!

seagate
April 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Not fair...

we should have it at my place one day! :Wink:

Tim Halligan
April 2nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Not fair...

we should have it at my place one day! :Wink:

Yeah...but Melbourne?

Ew.

Cheers,
Tim

seagate
April 2nd, 2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah...but Melbourne?

Ew.

Cheers,
Tim

Closer than Washington State...

Tim Halligan
April 2nd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Closer than Washington State...

Compared to where I am...not by much.

Cheers,
Tim

PS. For those playing along at home...Perth is the most isolated capital city in the world...

seagate
April 2nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
PS. For those playing along at home...Perth is the most isolated capital city in the world...

Let's keep it that way, eh.

Mixerpuppet
April 2nd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Here’s a picture of a puppet someone took with my camera.

Dang!

Who shaved my goatee off?

And How did I get Kenny's wig on?

J.G.
April 2nd, 2007, 03:01 PM
WE WANT PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE!!!

; J

stoner
April 2nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Man, that was a LOAD of fun! Seriously...I haven't had that much fun in a social setting in quite awhile.

Agreed!
Thanks to all. Espesialy Archtop as the great host, and em2 for the cool gifts. Thanks em2.
Looking fwd to the next time where ever.:Thumbsup:
i forgot... I have some pics also...:icon_eek:

emtou2u
April 2nd, 2007, 09:37 PM
Agreed!
Thanks to all. Espesialy Archtop as the great host, and em2 for the cool gifts. Thanks em2.
Looking fwd to the next time where ever.:Thumbsup:
i forgot... I have some pics also...:icon_eek:

your welcome!

pics?

hello?

did someone say pics?

J.G.
April 2nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
I think I did... :Razz:

Juan mo' time, "PICS!"

; J

kwiksilver
April 2nd, 2007, 09:54 PM
did someone say pics?

I think I did... :Razz:

Juan mo' time, "PICS!"

; J

OK, OK, OK I get the message...............hang on a bit, gotta go to the digital darkroom.

actually, I have to use a different computer.

J.G.
April 2nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Yum.

kwiksilver
April 2nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
OK....

Here's what I have. Nothing controversial.

Couldn't get pictures of us jamming, cause Marvin the Robot was too depressed to press the shutter. :lol:

kwiksilver
April 2nd, 2007, 11:43 PM
Two more.

J.G.
April 2nd, 2007, 11:56 PM
Right arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, cheers, Kwik.

Now how's about a lil who's who action?

I know a couple of those mugshots, but certainly not all.

Perhaps some name-taggin' is in order, or some kinda list, svp...

Great to see those smiles, but where is the harbingerette of gifts, mmmmmmmmmmm, Emmmmmmmmm?

Thanks again for sharing, with the entire free world. :Razz:

; J

kwiksilver
April 3rd, 2007, 12:14 AM
Right arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, cheers, Kwik.

Now how's about a lil who's who action?

I know a couple of those mugshots, but certainly not all.

Perhaps some name-taggin' is in order, or some kinda list, svp...

Great to see those smiles, but where is the harbingerette of gifts, mmmmmmmmmmm, Emmmmmmmmm?

Thanks again for sharing, with the entire free world. :Razz:

; J

I thought I let you guess. :Wink:

I list them when I get home. Gotta catch a bus.

Later.

kwiksilver

seagate
April 3rd, 2007, 12:52 AM
Cool, looking forward to putting names to the faces though...

Only know who one of 'em ugly mutts is...

overthesea

E. Shaun
April 3rd, 2007, 01:08 AM
http://womb.mixerman.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1894&d=1175557046

Okay...that should work.

Back row, L-R: Archtop, Fizbin, E. Shaun

Front row, L-R: Kwiksilver, Carlo, Stoner

Camera holder: Em's friend Lisa (who proved to be just as cool, if not cooler than the rest of us, and stuck around for a couple hours).

[The usual disclaimer about photos applies!]

Carlo
April 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM
How could you leave out MixxerPuppet...I'm sure more evidence will trickle in, once we canvas the neighborhood!

emtou2u
April 3rd, 2007, 04:52 AM
http://womb.mixerman.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1894&d=1175557046

Okay...that should work.

Back row, L-R: Archtop, Fizbin, E. Shaun

Front row, L-R: Kwiksilver, Carlo, Stoner

Camera holder: Em's friend Lisa (who proved to be just as cool, if not cooler than the rest of us, and stuck around for a couple hours).

[The usual disclaimer about photos applies!]

ok....now that's a handsome crew:Thumbsup: ...i only have 1 question...are those....um...gimlets your holdin'?

seagate
April 3rd, 2007, 05:17 AM
ok....now that's a handsome crew:Thumbsup: ...i only have 1 question...are those....um...gimlets your holdin'?

This is making me thirsty, I wonder what it would taste like if I used Orange Crush Cordial instead....

Hmmm...

Never mind, I'll stick to my favourite Orange Crush Vodka Soother

fizbin
April 3rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
Them's vodka gimlets. Thanks for those gimlets em. Seems it would have been nice to meet you. Maybe next time ;-)

fizbin

E. Shaun
April 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Before this thread falls off the page, let's pick a date in advance for the next one. I'm thinking maybe the second weekend of July?

Thoughts?

Fulcrum
April 4th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Arch, that organ I see off stage right... is that the Hammond you picked up a year or three ago?

J.G.
April 4th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the listing, glad it was a blast.

emtou2u
April 4th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Before this thread falls off the page, let's pick a date in advance for the next one. I'm thinking maybe the second weekend of July?

Thoughts?

i'd be in for early fall sometime...summer's tough for me...but i think if the boys get together in july there might still be some alcohol left over? :Confused: ok.....maybe not....:lol: