PDA

View Full Version : Um...

Johnny
March 29th, 2007, 04:51 PM
I don't know what to say.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=2622366n

jerryskid
March 29th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Well he's a better rapper than he is a public servant....but then again, that's not saying much..........

dikledoux
March 29th, 2007, 05:14 PM
It would be funny to me if I didn't think dude was Satan's agent. Something very disturbing about the press being so buddy-buddy with the government that they throw out tons of money to attract entertainers who normally openly disparage the governmental figures that they're fluffing... for money. There's a term for that and it ain't "good clean fun".

And yes I have the same icky reaction when the press gets fun-boy gaga with members on the other side of the aisle. I don't like my press liking the government. Period. I want the press hounding ALL those muthafuckas, not partying with them.

dik

magicchord
March 29th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Then again, everybody gets kinda wack at the Radio & TV Correspondents' Dinner.

mousdrvr
March 29th, 2007, 06:55 PM
It would be funny to me if I didn't think dude was Satan's agent. Something very disturbing about the press being so buddy-buddy with the government that they throw out tons of money to attract entertainers who normally openly disparage the governmental figures that they're fluffing... for money. There's a term for that and it ain't "good clean fun".

And yes I have the same icky reaction when the press gets fun-boy gaga with members on the other side of the aisle. I don't like my press liking the government. Period. I want the press hounding ALL those muthafuckas, not partying with them.

dik

I would say "Word!" But I fear it's not a strong enough affirmation.

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZkDikRLQrw) is an excerpt form the excellent Canadian documentary "The Corporation" decidedly less shrill in tone than Michael Moore's stuff, although he does make an appearance in the film, It is absolutely the best I've ever seen. It runs nearly 3 hours which is a big chunk time. Even the excerpt above is long, but it had to be, as it is neither glib nor intentionally reductionist. You Dik, will probably very much enjoy it. No, enjoy is not really the right word. I think you would deeply appreciate it. Anyway the conclusion of this clip is that, as you and I both suspect, there is no longer a Fourth Estate. Only an increasing number of corporate institutions, which are not obligated to serve any purpose other than making money.

As you once said to me,

Rock on with you activist self!

magicchord
March 29th, 2007, 07:44 PM
I own a DVD of The Corporation. I have it loaned out to a senior VP here at (big media company). He hasn't returned it yet. Hmmmmmmmm...

I wonder if bbkong has any paid internships... :Uh oh:

bunnerabb
March 29th, 2007, 08:05 PM
It's nice to see those stupid red herrings and the 20987345098273498523 dappled, grey herrings swim by, each with a dollar taped to it's fin, swim in the same tank in such contrasting display.

Wake the fuck up.

mousdrvr
March 29th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I own a DVD of The Corporation. I have it loaned out to a senior VP here at (big media company). He hasn't returned it yet. Hmmmmmmmm...

I wonder if bbkong has any paid internships... :Uh oh:

Dude that gig is MINE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-mous

mousdrvr
March 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM
It's nice to see those stupid red herrings and the 20987345098273498523 dappled, grey herrings swim by, each with a dollar taped to it's fin, swim in the same tank in such contrasting display.

Bunner I love ya Dude, but didn't you mean "grey pinstriped"
herrings? :lol: :lol:

PRobb
March 29th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Um, wow. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
I got the next verse:

This man's bad, this man's evil
He'll eat your liberties like a boll weevil.
His raps so bad it made me kack
Almost as bad as what he did to Iraq.