PDA

View Full Version : Rush at Red Rocks Aug 8th.... too psych'd.

ckerian
March 29th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Tickets go on sale Saturday.

me and my boy are camping out at red rocks tomorrow night if we have to. We want good seats and I wouldn't say money is no object but lets just say i'll camp out in 20 degree weather at red rocks for a spot in line for the best tickets.

what is the best bet for good tickets these days? online? camping out at the record store (thats what we USED to do), or buying from red rocks.

the internet is useless once again.

leester
March 29th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Guess that answers my question 'bout whether them tornados were up around you. :icon_eek:

Watch over here...
http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=890

Red Rocks & Rush... wow. I'm comin' to your house.

lees

leester
March 29th, 2007, 08:14 PM
ewwww... a day late bro, but I'd still keep tabs on that site

The first round of the Rush tour presale through MusicToday will end today at 12PM (local venue time). Some of the shows have already closed down their presale; namely Boston, Red Rocks and White River in WA. The UK presale ended last night at 9PM.

weedywet
March 29th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Well I play there June 10th.
Tickets still available!

leester
March 29th, 2007, 08:25 PM
You gonna be out in Cincy this fall W2? (nuttin' on webbie)

Be happy to heckle. :D

Wifey'd love it too.

lees

ckerian
March 29th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Funny you mentioend that. My wife suggested me and the boy got to Rush and she and the girls go to Cindy Lauper.

ckerian
March 29th, 2007, 08:56 PM
ewwww... a day late bro, but I'd still keep tabs on that site

Aug. 08 - presale Fri 10AM Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre (103.5 The Fox)

I dont know. Fridays tomorrow but I did see something else posted as though I already missed it.

OK, the local rock station is have a pre-sale tomorrow.

I'm back to being psych'd.

jerryskid
March 29th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I;ve always wanted to go to Red Rocks...It was my dream to see The Grateful Dead there, but alas it never happened..Rush would be cool too...

weedywet
March 29th, 2007, 10:34 PM
As far as I know, the only US tour planned is :

truecolorstour.com

so, no Cincinatti

leester
March 30th, 2007, 01:54 PM
bah. We get skipped ALL the time.

Shoulda went during the Cher tour, but IIRC that one was sold out before I caught wind of it.

You score some tix yet CK?

lees

bleen
March 30th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Got my tix to the Seattle/White River show during the presale on Tuesday! One section back from the stage, just off center! w00t!

ckerian
March 30th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Row 26.

Pretty decent right? for $100 tickets.

I guess.

leester
March 30th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I'd say that's sublime at Red Rocks. Too close and ya lose the vibe the venue provides.

That will be ONE sweet show, and if I happen to come out, it'll be me and yer kid going. :D

Sign up at musictoday for Rush (and anybody else they support) as I've been getting dang good seats for a bit, usually triggered by a respectful email just for the band(s) you're signed up for, and at a good time. Long-ass sentence there, but at least I used commas.

Have fun, might be the last one ya know.

lees

Bivouac
March 30th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Agreed. Too close at Red Rocks and you might as well be at Fiddler's Green or whatever they call it now--you lose the vibe. I'd say 26 rows back is damned near perfect.

I keep waiting for Radiohead to announce a date there this summer. Fingers are crossed...

Tim Armstrong
March 30th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Rush??? Ewww!!!!

:Twisted:

Red Rocks is absolutely sublime, however. Even more so when there's a full moon rising over the prairie behind the stage!!!

Sigh. Have I ever mentioned how much I miss Colorado???

Cheers, Tim

Calvin
March 30th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Wow, sounds like a great time!

weedywet
March 31st, 2007, 02:27 AM
Agreed. Too close at Red Rocks and you might as well be at Fiddler's Green or whatever they call it now--you lose the vibe. I'd say 26 rows back is damned near perfect...

so on the stage will be "too close"?

damn

Brendo
March 31st, 2007, 03:09 PM
no - because then you get to see the entire crowd and the atmosphere. because you're facing the back of the room, not the front...

ckerian
March 31st, 2007, 03:43 PM
Oh man, I am so psyched!

Lat show at red rocks as you all know was def leppard and journey. We had horrible tickets but we started out about 13th row for journy, got booted from those seats, went to our seats towards the top... imagine "lights" being played to a standing crowd, everyone singing along... over looking denver from probably the best over perspective of Red Rocks. Then Def Leppard came on, the sound was CRAP, so we moved down to first about the 4th row then.. 2nd row center.

My wife still has hearing problems in her left ear from that position on the 5th row where we were.

I just cant begin to imagine how perfect 26th row for RUSH is gonna be. I have seen them 4 or 5 times but never at red Rocks.

I have to post a video for you rush fans of my 10 year old boy singing the tree's and playing drums (me on guitar). Granted he doest do every fill or even get all the intricate kick/snare combo's that set neil apart and so above any other mainstream rock drummers) but he gets all the changes (with cue's) and can make it all the way through including the interlude, 5/4 parts, the solo, then all the way out.

I aint stupid. I bought 4 tickets. Ye haw! my best friend is a huge rush fan as well and the original idea was the camp out and go with my boy, he and his boy. But he was saying last night he doesnt know if he wants that other ticket but I said they're a pair and this is about not only us but also intruducing another generation to the spirit of radio and that includes one of your kids.

I am getting their new record today (if it was released) no ones commented on it in here yet.

leester
April 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
I am getting their new record today (if it was released) no ones commented on it in here yet.

You can pre-order, and they supposedly have a hi-res audio DVD format coming too. CD out on May 1.

http://rush-preorder.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=10852_10946

leester
April 2nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
so on the stage will be "too close"?

damn

Maybe...

I'd be packin' an extra long cable or runnin' a wireless if it's a clear night.

Just get one of them life-size cardboard cutouts of yerself. Nobody will notice... :Coolio: