PDA

View Full Version : Clockwork Oprah

New Car Scott
April 1st, 2007, 12:28 PM
Help me out here guys...I need to vent...and unfortunately this is the only place where I can do it and feel that I shouted to the ether.....and I know this is shooting fish a barrel...but

It’s a big world. It’s multifaceted. Some might even say it’s endlessly fascinating. But apparently it’s simply not fascinating, complex or interesting as one little girl born in 1954 in Mississippi.

The evidence stares back at me from the magazine stand every month. “O,” a treatise of self-fascination, of self-elected demi-godness, a shrine to Moi that is bound in shiny cover and sits beside Shape and Cosmo magazines. There she sits…Now maybe I’m beng too hard on her…Set me straight people..but…

Let me ask you, if you had a TV show that had won many awards, a media conglomerate and incredible influence over many millions of women. Is it possible that would be enough? No. In fact it distinctly would not be enough, because enough in the corporate halls enough is not as good as too much.

I can see in my minds eye the meeting with Oprah and her executives discussing the first time they thought about putting out a magazine based on Oprah. It was no doubt around a large but funky table in her Harpo head office in a Chicago tower.

“Oprah…. (I’m sure they call her Oprah) there is one last question about the magazine ….what do you think should be on the cover?” A gasp of shock and surprise fills the air.
“Well, of course, Oprah will be on the cover. It is her magazine!”

Oprah’s brow furrows and for a second she remembers her dad who still works in his barbershop and she considers good old fashioned option of humility….. “Do you think it should be me on every month’s cover?” “Of course!” Everyone agrees. It is settled.

And so it is to be that despite the fact there is a fairly large world out there of over six billion, nothing is more important to put on the cover of the magazine every single month than a picture of our girl. And there has never been an exception. Why would there be, when Oprah can be as varied and dynamic as the months themselves? June’s issue may show her elegant. September, sporty, November….. oh I don’t know. Sassy but sharp.

The totem of me: this is the world we live in and make no mistake the world that she is helping to build. What is the level of this conceit? Well let’s throw it on the balance. She claims to be one who is fascinated and deeply concerned with Africa and it’s horrific state. No doubt she is and charitably gives to its cause. And yet what do you think the chance would be of her using that 12 by 10 space on a magazine shelf in every store in America to show a starving African child?

What about using that cover to show the stats comparing the ratio of young black men in America going to jail or College? No. She can only think highlighting what is truly worthwhile: her.

During the Boxing day Tsunami when it was beginning to be clear that at least 100,00 had died, I heard that Oprah had undertaken a special mission of rescue. My ear perked up. I thought “Yes Oprah! Way to go, this is what I want to see from you!” Then I heard the facts. She had paid for a special select military task force to head into the jungle of Thailand to find her hairdressers partner who had been vacationing there.

How does a thinking resonant human do this? I’m prepared to cut her slack that she felt for her friend’s state but send men there with that objective and none other? In comparison a friend of mine went to Sri Lanka with 25 thousand dollars and built a water purification plant for a boys orphanage there. Not bad.

Now I don’t dare test the compassion of Oprah. She has no doubt given millions to the poor and under classes. I simply say that if I ever got to be that powerful and for some unbelievable reason decided to start a magazine and for some unbelievable reason put my name on it. You can sure bet that I would never once be on the cover. It would just seem so pathetically uninventive to fill up the magazine rack with yet another facet of moi.

Just to torment myself I pick up OPRAH fairly regularly and leaf through it. Last time I was at the doctors I found one and I’m surprised my blood pressure didn’t reflect what I encountered in its pages. For if you have ever heard Oprah talk about the struggle with weight and her “every-woman’s” battle with hips and the lack of “real” white and black women in advertising, you’d think this was her chance. One for all the sisters.

And yet what do I see in her magazine? Pages of skinny white women with that classic deer with distemper gaze. Where were all the real black and white well proportioned sisters? I guess Maybelline and The Gap laid down the law to the advertising department.

As I came to the end of the magazine, I thought “Come on, give her a break!” She made it: the little poor girl from Mississippi. But as I felt myself become Oprah-happy…and felt myself relax into the power of good that is Oprah, I came to the last page. My eyes widened and I felt a surge of inner hydraulics that would have popped off the arm-strap blood pressure checker. It was another picture of a smiling Oprah with one leg kicking in the air….she had some final pearls for me. Grinding my teeth, I then thought. “Oh my God! What happens when I close the magazine? Is she going to be on the back cover too?” I swallowed hard and turned the page. No. It was a skinny little white girl for Maybelline. Business is business eh Oprah?

David Aurora
April 1st, 2007, 12:55 PM
FUCK OPRAH

Fuck her right in the ear. Well, I wouldn't cause she's a fucking pig but whatever.

That stupid bitch IS THE FUCKING ANTICHRIST. Trust me, one day you'll believe me. Fucking evil whore of a bitch dog-faced-thing. She sucks so bad that my last sentence made NO sense.

But there's something worse than her. It's what I like to call "The Oprah Generation". Which is the generation from my mother down to kids today. Oprah fans ARE, and let's not let this point get lost, THE DUMBEST BUNCH OF FUCKWITS EVER TO GRACE THE FUCKING PLANET.

Not to mention gullible. Oh, and hypocritical. And often of Hippopotamus proportions too actually.

Every episode has at least 14 references to her childhood abuse and fat ass, even if the episode is supposed to be about aliens or some shit. EVERY GODDAMN TIME.

Then, it's like this. Plastic surgery recipient comes on. Everybody in the audience calls her a skanky whore and Oprah explains how conceited the chick is for having surgery. Then the plastic chick cries and says "Oh Oprah, I love you" (crowd cheers like idiots) "Your show has taught me that I'm a woman" (jeez, you couldn't figure that out without Oprah??? Fucking idiot.) "And I can't fear myself anymore. That's why I'm getting more surgery tomorrow. Because thanks to you, I'm an empowered woman now. Die men." (crowd goes fucking wild and Oprah exclaims that this ignorant hick bitch is "An inspiration", despite the fact that they just denounced her for what they're now cheering for)

Oprah fans are fat, ignorant bitches who need to shut the fuck up with this empowerment bullshit, stop hugging themselves and get a fucking job.

P.S. The Colour Purple sucked ass too.

New Car Scott
April 1st, 2007, 01:20 PM
I don't understand your anger...she's just trying to save your soul..

Tim Halligan
April 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Every episode has at least 14 references to her childhood abuse and fat ass, even if the episode is supposed to be about aliens or some shit. EVERY GODDAMN TIME.

Then, it's like this. Plastic surgery recipient comes on. Everybody in the audience calls her a skanky whore and Oprah explains how conceited the chick is for having surgery. Then the plastic chick cries and says "Oh Oprah, I love you" (crowd cheers like idiots) "Your show has taught me that I'm a woman" (jeez, you couldn't figure that out without Oprah??? Fucking idiot.) "And I can't fear myself anymore. That's why I'm getting more surgery tomorrow. Because thanks to you, I'm an empowered woman now. Die men." (crowd goes fucking wild and Oprah exclaims that this ignorant hick bitch is "An inspiration", despite the fact that they just denounced her for what they're now cheering for)

Oprah fans are fat, ignorant bitches who need to shut the fuck up with this empowerment bullshit, stop hugging themselves and get a fucking job.

Hang on a minute...

Lemme get this straight.

You are supposedly a perfectly normal - well, for an AE - Australian male of the heterosexual persuasion...

...and yet you seem intimately familiar with the content of this show...which airs during the day, often while sport is shown on the competing TV networks.

You can see where I'm going with this, right?

But it's OK to choose Oprah over the cut and thrust of gladatorial combat...or even cricket. It's perfectly fine. It's all a part of life's rich tapestry.

Sure, it's ghey - NTTAWWT - beyond the ability of even Shotgun to describe, but hey...whatever floats your boat there Tiger. :D

No,no... you keep right on watching this show...this abomination, rather than...oh I don't know...finishing your fucking album which we still haven't seen yet after how many fucking years?

Strike me fucking Catholic. What's the world...or even Queensland coming to?

My flabber has been absolutely ghasted.

:lol:

Cheers,
Tim

J.G.
April 1st, 2007, 04:43 PM
Hang on a minute...

Lemme get this straight.

You are supposedly a perfectly normal - well, for an AE - Australian male of the heterosexual persuasion...

...and yet you seem intimately familiar with the content of this show...which airs during the day, often while sport is shown on the competing TV networks.

Cheers,
Tim

:Razz:

; J

bunnerabb
April 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM
Telling people that the opposite sex are jerks and that their endless self-involvement and whining will bring them a sense of inner peace and me-ness that no mere, functional relationship could ever give them is a multi-billion dollar a year business.

This is because we're are lonely and this is because we treat each other like shit.

This is because we are thoughtless and vain and think that there's some guy with a scorecard at the gates to the marble orchard who will wink at us and say "Wow! You totally got way more than you gave. You won!"

Suckers.

I, too, despise Oprah. Not because she's black, not because she's female, not because she's a posturing, self-important B-actor, or any of the other reasons that SURELY MUST BE THE CASE if a white male should be so politically incorrect to look at dogshit and pronounce it dogshit.

I loathe Oprah because she's a carrier of the post-modern plague.

Nothing to do about the disease but avoid the carriers.

We keep inventing new and more ridiculous, tautological, sociocultural snake oils to sell ourselves on the notion that all of those things we really want and need and are normal and healthy and rewarding but require EFFORT to maintain honestly are somehow demeaning.

And then we package it and sell it and buy a Ferrari.

Suckers.

Ladies:

You're most of the population. It's not a "power statement". It's biology.

You're not going to be on TeeVee.

You're not going to be a fairy princess.

Your shit stinks, too. Please flush.

You're not going to write the next great romance novel.

You don't need a man.

You don't need to not need a man.

All those sniffy bitches you're trying to impress with your "have it all" cred go home alone at night, too.

We miss you.

Your lipstick is fine.

That dress doesn't make your ass look fat.

The toilet seat is a bi-directional device and can be operated by any member of the household.

No man worth a fuck wants to be in a relationship that is run by proxy from a glossy magazine full of ads for lipstick.

Oprah is driving your Ferrari.

Suckers.

E. Shaun
April 1st, 2007, 05:18 PM
Personally, I think those who watch Oprah, deserve Oprah. I shudder to think about what else would hold the attention of those millions of viewers if that show wasn't on the air.

I can't stand that sort of stuff, much in the same way as I loathe any cult of personality...but by the same token, if it wasn't there and at arm's length, what depths of degradation would people otherwise turn to? The devil you know...

Edited to add: good post there, Bunner.

Cosmic Pig
April 1st, 2007, 07:21 PM
Bitching about Oprah after actually watching it is like fags talking about sports after bum sex.

Cos.

jerryskid
April 1st, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'd like to reply but Oprah's coming on.....maybe in an hour........

Kenny Gioia
April 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM
I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

I actually like Oprah. Is she perfect? Absolutely not.

But I find her level of success vs. making a positive difference in the world ratio to be quite high compared to others of her ilk.

Years ago, she was part of that shock talk show wave where transvestite midgets who donate their sperm was not an odd topic.

And she stopped. While miscreants like Jerry Springer and Maury Povich pushed the envelope the wrong way, she decided to go the other way. A positive show that actually tried to help people. Not my cup of tea, but like the show "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" it makes me feel better that people are watching these shows rather than Charlie Sheen's sitcom "Two and a Half Men".

While Oprah may have her faults, it's hard for me to say, as I don't have her life or her featured set of problems. Running a magazine (I'm sure) is not as simple as putting whatever you want on the cover and in the adds.

Like religion "Harpo" probably believes that through success, they can do more good. And with that comes compromise. The evil of all big business. Putting a starving African child on a magazine would probably depress soccer moms and do little to incentivize them to buy the magazine. They know their audience and Oprah on the cover would probably be their best choice.

Again, I'm not saying the woman is without flaw, but if you need a truly worthy target, take a gander at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7XHddusMxk

E. Shaun
April 1st, 2007, 09:28 PM
I actually like Oprah. Is she perfect? Absolutely not.

But I find her level of success vs. making a positive difference in the world ratio to be quite high compared to others of her ilk.

That was kind of my point as well...I don't like her at all, but consider the alternatives. You can all but guarantee that in an Oprah-devoid world, a large chunk of her audience would be feasting their eyes on all other sorts of depravity. As loathesome as I find her depthless blend of spirituality and positivity, I'd rather have the masses subjected to THAT sort of pablum than the kind that breeds and begets scorn and spite.

bunnerabb
April 1st, 2007, 11:41 PM
I'd rather the lot of them were standing on a corner with signs that read: "Will stir up shit on television for food".

Spock
April 2nd, 2007, 12:00 AM
I've never been a fan of Oprah. All she seem to do is spout off pop pysch babble.

If you want to give a postive message to women, then I know a bunch.

For example, Meagan. She saw a movie when she was 10 years old called Top Gun. She wanted to fly F14s, and she didn't let anything stop her. Was it easy for her no. She had a dream she had a goal and kept working towards it.

http://www.speedandangels.com/

Tim Armstrong
April 2nd, 2007, 02:05 AM
Not my cup of tea, but like the show "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" it makes me feel better that people are watching these shows rather than Charlie Sheen's sitcom "Two and a Half Men".

I was right there with you, Kenny, until you dissed "Two and a Half Men". That shit is funny, yo!

Cheers, Tim

Johnny
April 2nd, 2007, 02:45 AM
I have a friend whose friend works for the magazine.

He claims her head is reduced by a factor of 12.5% in every cover photo.

Really. I'm not just making a "she's got a big head" joke. She really does have a big head.

Smileyblue
April 2nd, 2007, 03:56 AM
Personally, I think those who watch Oprah, deserve Oprah. I shudder to think about what else would hold the attention of those millions of viewers if that show wasn't on the air.

DR PHIL :lol:

jerryskid
April 2nd, 2007, 04:02 AM
DR PHIL :lol:

Everytime Dr. Phil is on, I can feel the testosterone draining from my body........

I'm Serious.....................

:Roll eyes:

robmacki
April 2nd, 2007, 04:39 AM
Everytime Dr. Phil is on, /SNIP/

Dude! What are you admitting to??

I can feel the testosterone draining from my body........

David Aurora
April 2nd, 2007, 05:43 AM
Hang on a minute...

Lemme get this straight.

But it's OK to choose Oprah over the cut and thrust of gladatorial combat...or even cricket. It's perfectly fine. It's all a part of life's rich tapestry.

Sure, it's ghey - NTTAWWT - beyond the ability of even Shotgun to describe, but hey...whatever floats your boat there Tiger. :D

No,no... you keep right on watching this show...this abomination, rather than...oh I don't know...finishing your fucking album which we still haven't seen yet after how many fucking years?

Strike me fucking Catholic. What's the world...or even Queensland coming to?

My flabber has been absolutely ghasted.

Cheers,
Tim

ok, for starters, i have a sister, therefore ive been forced to watch oprah quite a few times :lol:
secondly, i WOULD CHOOSE TO WATCH OPRAH over cricket any day!
thirdly....the album is done man! head over to http://www.myspace.com/davidauroramusic for a listen. havent got it pressed or anything yet but if its the kind of thing youre into ill hook you up a copy as soon as i get it done

p.s. bunner.....yep. you nailed it in so many ways

Mixerman
April 2nd, 2007, 06:33 AM
Fuck. Okay. Scratch idea of Mixerman Magazine with picture of me on every front cover.

Curse you New Car Scott!

Oh, wait...

Nevermind.

Mixerman

jerryskid
April 2nd, 2007, 06:36 AM
I think it's more like :

THANK YOU NEW CAR SCOTT!!!!

Kenny Gioia
April 2nd, 2007, 06:42 AM
I was right there with you, Kenny, until you dissed "Two and a Half Men". That shit is funny, yo!

Cheers, Tim

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

http://womb.mixerman.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1877&stc=1&d=1175496121

David Aurora
April 2nd, 2007, 06:47 AM
for the second time today im siding with kenny, that show fucking sucks

G. Hoffman
April 2nd, 2007, 06:55 AM
:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

http://womb.mixerman.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1877&stc=1&d=1175496121

Can you just imagine how proud Martin Sheen (a devout conservative catholic) must be of Charlie?

"I don't pay to have sex with prostitutes, I pay for them to leave."

Yeah, just what any dad wants to hear his kid say!

Gabriel

Tim Halligan
April 2nd, 2007, 07:01 AM
ok, for starters, i have a sister, therefore ive been forced to watch oprah quite a few times :lol:

Unless she is significantly more physically intimidating, I can't see how that makes sense...

Whatever happened to good old-fashioned sibling violence?

:D

secondly, i WOULD CHOOSE TO WATCH OPRAH over cricket any day!

Yep...just as I suspected.

Ghey.

NTTAWWT...but nonetheless...ghey.

Cheers,
Tim

PS. Yep...when you get the album pressed, gimme a holler and I'll send you some coin...

David Aurora
April 2nd, 2007, 07:07 AM
Unless she is significantly more physically intimidating, I can't see how that makes sense...

Whatever happened to good old-fashioned sibling violence?

:D

Yep...just as I suspected.

Ghey.

NTTAWWT...but nonetheless...ghey.

Cheers,
Tim

PS. Yep...when you get the album pressed, gimme a holler and I'll send you some coin...

dude...sisters are mean. i have a scar on the top of my skull from her throwing a fucking brick at me when we were kids (yeah i know, explains a lot).

cricket is still ghey.

p.s. dude, fuck the money, after all the kicks up the ass about the album youve given me over the years, this ones on the house for ya as appreciation for the support

Johnny
April 2nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
See, what y'all need to do is to get the Oprah fans in your lives to start watching Tyra.

Kenny Gioia
April 2nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
See, what y'all need to do is to get the Oprah fans in your lives to start watching Tyra.

I agree. Tyra is soo bad it's entertaining.

I have to watch it and CSI Miami for the opposite reason that the rest of the world is.

Tim Armstrong
April 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Can you just imagine how proud Martin Sheen (a devout conservative catholic) must be of Charlie?

Well, he's been on the show, playing the crazy father of Charlie's crazy neighbor...

Yep, I really DO like the show!

Cheers, Tim

Tim Halligan
April 2nd, 2007, 02:26 PM

Ok then.

Cheers,
Tim

dikledoux
April 2nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
I liked Tyra Banks much better when she was in magazines... and I couldn't hear her talking. Not that I don't want to hear women talking. My wife is quite entertaining in conversation, for instance...

Just not Tyra. She should leave out her contribution to the audio world. There's a REASON why she don't got a boyfriend.

dik

New Car Scott
April 2nd, 2007, 04:14 PM
I agree...she is in a separate special Hell. I ain't exactly curing cancer, but sheeeiiit......Oprah is God compared to her.

Talk at ya

J.G.
April 2nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
I just sent this thread to TV Guide, for their upcoming men and remotes article, "Under My Thumb--Natural Channel Selection".

Carry on then, gents, I'll stop by again later when I take a break from changing the oil and organizing the garage.

*burp*

; J

Unfcknblvbl
April 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
I've never liked Oprah but after her so-called "'Crash' Moment" - which had nothing to do with racism but rather not having someone bow down to her self-delusional celebrity standing - I think she can go to hell.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/23/AR2005062302086.html

By the way, if a friend of a friend of a friend of Oprah's reads this and wants an apology from me -

Oprah can suck that apology right out of my dick.

J.G.
April 2nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
I've never liked Oprah but after her so-called "'Crash' Moment" - which had nothing to do with racism but rather not having someone bow down to her self-delusional celebrity standing - I think she can go to hell.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...062302086.html

By the way, if a friend of a friend of a friend of Oprah's reads this and wants an apology from me -

Woooooohoooooo, such forum-posting-ANGER, good sir...

Doesn't her 27-millionth show have to do with that theme?

:Razz:

; J

bunnerabb
April 2nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
She was denied access to a snooty boutique because it was closed for a private party?

Boo hoo.

How does the woman go on? Should she be forced to spend money at Target? My stars and garters... how could she be treated like a.. a.. person who showed up after closing time?

The wealthy should be allowed to follow their every whim, regardless of the needs or inconveniences of others.

It's the American way.

And probably one more reason Europe hates our fucking guts.

J.G.
April 2nd, 2007, 07:38 PM
She's just lucky she didn't show up trying to shop during the 3-hour-lunch-hour ova he'eee... :lol: Hohn-Hohn-HOHHNNNN!

I laugh now, but likely not next week when I'll be thinking I'll just pop in there to pick up some whatever...

; J

ggunn
April 2nd, 2007, 09:14 PM
Dude! What are you admitting to??

I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of jerryskid, um, draining his testosterone while watching Dr. Phil. ;^)

J.G.
April 2nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
"Phil 'er UP!"

; J

eagan
April 2nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
S
The wealthy should be allowed to follow their every whim, regardless of the needs or inconveniences of others.

It's the American way.

And probably one more reason Europe hates our fucking guts.

er......Bunner.... not to pick nits too much on anything (especially after that previous fine nail smacking square on head post), but, are you kidding?

I mean...... didn't we pretty much GET that from Europe?

JL"letthemeatcake"E

bunnerabb
April 2nd, 2007, 11:05 PM
The um.. French had this revolution.

The sister of the "Let them eat cake" bitch would up with her vulva on a pike in front of Versailles.

That's not a philosophy, it's an epitaph.

Johnny
April 3rd, 2007, 12:55 AM
...except Marie never said that.

jfee
April 3rd, 2007, 05:26 AM
I agree with Kenny too....(kinda scary)...she's a lesser of the daytime tv evil.

When I was reading NCS's orginal post I tried to think of a charitable counterpart to Oprah. Bill Gates came to mind.

In some ways they are very similar in that they're both multi-gazillionaires who do a lot for charity. They differ in that Bill doesn't host prime-time specials of himself doing so (that I know of anyways.) He seems to have a press conference every year of so, it appears for 30 seconds on the news, and that's all ya hear about it.

I despise Oprah's 'my-face-everywhere' style. At the end of the day though I bet there's a helluva lot more dollars from the general population that come in for the Oprah foundation than for the Bill Gates foundation.

As much as I hate her style, I gotta wonder if it's the way to make the biggest difference.

Tim Halligan
April 3rd, 2007, 06:15 AM
When I was reading NCS's orginal post I tried to think of a charitable counterpart to Oprah. Bill Gates came to mind.

In some ways they are very similar in that they're both multi-gazillionaires who do a lot for charity. They differ in that Bill doesn't host prime-time specials of himself doing so (that I know of anyways.) He seems to have a press conference every year of so, it appears for 30 seconds on the news, and that's all ya hear about it.

Philanthropy appears to be more commonplace in the USA than over here, but I wonder if Oprah qualifies in this regard.

No doubt she is involved with charity work, but the actual funds come from Jane Q Public AFAIK. Besides her time, I'm not sure that Oprah is actually digging into her own pocket to do these good works. Certainly, it's charity work...but is it philanthropy?

Now, it's my understanding that Bill Gates puts in his own money into his foundation...and the bank interest earned on the principle is what is given to the various beneficiaries of his largess. Obviously, the principle was a fairly tidy sum of money. To my mind, this is philanthropy.

Cheers,
Tim

beyondish
April 3rd, 2007, 07:25 AM
Is philanthropy money based or effort based one can wonder. Go Florence Nightingale!

ggunn
April 3rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Now, it's my understanding that Bill Gates puts in his own money into his foundation...and the bank interest earned on the principle is what is given to the various beneficiaries of his largess. Obviously, the principle was a fairly tidy sum of money. To my mind, this is philanthropy.

True, but there are other reasons to hate Bill Gates.... ;^)

Fulcrum
April 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
I despise Oprah's 'my-face-everywhere' style.

Then let's not get started on Rachael Ray (http://www.rrsux.com/).

Mixerpuppet
April 3rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
When I think of Charity given by people like Oprah and Bill Gates I think of the Parable of the Widow giving all that she had. The rich give of thier excess (tax write off) and it's because it helps their own financial situations rather than the poor the charity is supposed to help.

Oprah is into herself and it doesn't take long to figure that out. "Look at me" "see what Im giving? "look at me"....

It's real shame people spend so much time in front of the TV watching things that are obviously designed to make us feel better by seeing how messed up other people are. Maybe if they walked out their door and volunteered in some manner those people wouldn't be so messed up?

Oprah obviously makes enough money already we really don't need to see her on TV patting her own back and swoggling capitalism. I can't imagine what kinda damage to Ozone layer has occurred since she hired her own beauty staff. What about her recent Caravan across america? An 11-day, 3,600-mile trek from Santa Barbara to New York riding in what??? An Chevy Impala followed by a 1/2 dozen or more SUV's

Maybe a train of bus would have been a better choice...

Or her $47 MILLION DOLLAR JET!!!

Have seen her houses?

How many rooms does a single person really need?

She has 42 prime acres and the house itself is 23,000 square feet. It has 6 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms.... to the tune of $50 million....

oops....

Did I just start ranting?

I musta blacked out...

There spit on the screen and bite marks on the keyboard...

Where's my mouse?

:)

eagan
April 3rd, 2007, 11:38 PM
This shit is hysterically funny and profoundly disturbing at the same time.

I mean, if there was ever anything to make an example of a concept of "cult of personality", good god, this has got to be it.

Just the one item, alone, of a human publishing a regular newstand periodical with THEIR OWN NAME as the title, and A PHOTO OF THEMSELVES AS THE COVER OF EVERY FUCKING ISSUE, is almost incomprehensible.

Are we maybe just a little full of ourself, Oprah?

Then we have the "watch me doing wonderful saintly deeds for the good of humanity as captured by my full time personal media crew" stuff.

But the thing that kills me about it all before you even crack open that stuff is, how the fuck did this woman GET this insanely rich and gather this kind of attention?

What did she do?

What, because she could host a fucking TALK SHOW? Granted, not just anybody can pull that off and keep an audience interested. But I've been stuck watching hers a couple times, and she couldn't keep me interested for an entire segment, never mind a whole show.

At least with Bill Gates, there's some clue about just how he got to be a bazillionaire.

JLE