PDA

View Full Version : kudos to apple

Webs
April 3rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
I'm right in the middle of loading up to move, and a package arrives (I thought I'd like to enjoy some music on my trip.)

I get one box, though I'd ordered multiple items.

"Is there another delivery today" I called out to the departing delivery person.

"Not if you're you" he called back, or something similar.

I glanced down at the tiny box I had signed for.

ok.

I had signed for an iPod with a mess of accessories.

I'm still laughing as I haven't fully unpacked it.

Apparently I own an IPod with a mess of accessories, but I can't believe it. Everything is so wonderfully small.

I'm speechless.

P.s> before anyone gets on me for compatibility, audio quality, etc. I know. I've heard it all. This just made sense. 2/3 of my entire cd collection is going to fit on this lil thing and I'm speechless. I'm holding hundreds of pounds in my hand. Makes me feel strong, even though I know it's an illusion. Wow. Wow again.

Johnny
April 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Food tates better, doesn't it?

Webs
April 3rd, 2007, 10:46 PM
well the broccoli does anyway,

Webs
April 3rd, 2007, 11:30 PM
I finally dug it out from its packaging.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fellow who gets inspired much from material things, but this thing is a beautiful piece. Done a lot of I.T. work and I still stare at it with the same feeling. Wow, I pray it doesn't let me down.

seagate
April 4th, 2007, 01:20 AM
The amount of blank CDs I've saved with my iPod is tremendous...

I take my mixes into the car on my iPod as aif files.

pounce
April 4th, 2007, 02:36 AM
i've got a great car stereo with a way to plug the ipod in and control it via the touchscreen i have on the dashboard. the ipod stays in the glovebox, and the connection always keeps it charged up. fantastic. audio quality is great.

PRobb
April 4th, 2007, 03:44 AM
I've had my iPod for three years and cannot imagine life without it. Truly life changing technology. And, no surprise, Apple's ergonomics and design are flawless.