PDA

View Full Version : Car Crash

TSTW
April 10th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Goddamnit!!

Had a great party saturday night. A huge party in a field with Marquees etc, great music, good company.

Left when everyone started getting a tad messy with someone who 'claimed' not to be intoxicated.

He had driven recklessly to the party for which we picked up on, for him to only drive like a twat on the way back, thus resulting in slamming into a hedge at about 50mph. Going round a corner to fast on slippery roads. I was in the passenger seat which took the brunt of the damage, as the passenger side impacted first. Windscreen, passenger windows, back windows smashed (into my head). Im presently nursing whiplash, a golfball size bruise on the back of my head, nasty cut on the front left just above my temples, and a handful of missing hair where the glass litreraly 'cut' head. It appears that im seeing stars everytime i stand up.

Regardless of the fact im injured, im furious with myself for getting in the car.

Grrr, ARGH, and MOTHERFUCKER.

fuck

TS.

lebouche
April 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Shit!!
Sounds like you need your head checked on two accounts!!
I hope you feel better soon:Sad:

TSTW
April 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Cheers man, i'm orf to the Doctors tomorrow. I'll post the results (if i'm still capable of typing) when i know.

Tim Armstrong
April 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Healing mojo sent!!!

I really hate when I do stupid things (like get in a car with a drunk behind the wheel, particularly when I'm the drunk!).

Take care, man. Hope it all heals quickly...

Cheers, Tim

Immanuel
April 10th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Best wishes for a speady recovery. I kind of learned the easy way some 11 years ago or so. My best friend was invited to see an old school friend, and I was invited to join them. When we got there - kind of a far away village - after a short while the last bus out of the village had gone. She had another friend on visit too. So he would drive us home. Then after a short while, she and her friend startet smoking ... headache tablets :Confused:

My friend shared one look at each other and knew immediately that this was a bad day. This was away from everything, and we really just wanted to get out of there. So after not too long (though, it felt like too long), we where heading home with a driver who had smoked headache tablets. He really drove like shit - too fast and careless. My friend and I where not happy about the situation. We got home though, and I learned to not take chances with messed up drivers.

Oh, and that was the last time we ever saw them. I hope they grew up a bit. They kind of needed that.

5down1up
April 10th, 2007, 03:54 PM
:icon_eek: WTF ?

i hope your doing good !?
" quick_healing_mojo_wishes " sent as well !!!

magicchord
April 10th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Mark it up to experience and be thankful you're still alive.

And see a doctor; you might have bruised some things on the inside. :(

J.G.
April 10th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Good to see ya here writing about it.

Yes, see a doc, just incase.

Give that idiot his pink-slip, (all departments).

Take care TSTW.

: J

David Aurora
April 11th, 2007, 01:38 AM
shit dude i hope you feel better soon.

and yeah, stay away from drunk drivers as you know

gabby garcia
April 11th, 2007, 02:57 AM
every choice you make in any instant can change everything.

i'm thankful you are ok - hope all is better soon for you.

gg

jerryskid
April 11th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Been there....done that.....glad youre ok.....I woke up going under a semi-truck early one morning....as Radiohead says: "An airbag saved my life".....better to call a cab or stay the fuck where you are........

blackieC
April 11th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Damn, dude...

I hope your head is okay.

About ten years ago I had a stupid amount of tequila and drove myself home.

I awoke to find my kitchen sink full of puke, my Cadillac on the lawn and no memory of how I got home.

I then punched myself in the face a few times as a reminder to never do something so stupid again.

Sorry, that's a lie.

I vowed to move my choices of doing stupid things to exclude driving while blind.

Perhaps, and I'm not telling you to do this, but in the interest of helping your friend find the right path you might do him the favor of placing a few well struck blows to his head as a reminder.

It worked for me.

Brendo
April 11th, 2007, 01:13 PM
every choice you make in any instant can change everything.

There's actually a book based around this concept called "Love and Other Near Death Experiences" by Mil Millington of http://www.thingsmygirlfriendandihavearguedabout.com/

TSTW
April 11th, 2007, 01:53 PM
There's actually a book based around this concept called "Love and Other Near Death Experiences" by Mil Millington of http://www.thingsmygirlfriendandihavearguedabout.com/

Brendo that is fantastic

I went to the Doc and it all went according to plan, or at least what i hoped the outcome would be. There appears to be no spinal damage which was my biggest worry, due to the lack of bleeding from my nose and ears she ruled out severe brain damage (thats already happened).

If, in a couple of weeks, im still in pain i must return for a referal to a chiropractor as the accident aggravated an old sports injury in my shoulder.

Thanks for the posts of concern and advise. Much appreciated.

Tis all been taken on board.

TS

binaural turbine
April 11th, 2007, 02:17 PM
give yourself a couple weeks for the bruises to go down, the aches to settle out. And go see a chiropractor anyway.

emtou2u
April 11th, 2007, 09:59 PM
i'm so glad you are healthy and safe TSTW...

i was in a car with my sister driving (many years ago) and ended up flying off the road...i wouldn't wish that experience on anyone...

so very glad you remain 100% intact.

-em

ATTICus Finch
April 12th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Make sure your hearing is ok. thats how I lost mine in my left ear. If your seein stars your middle ear might have a fissure. Be carefull.
-R3

macr0w
April 12th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Perhaps, and I'm not telling you to do this, but in the interest of helping your friend find the right path you might do him the favor of placing a few well struck blows to his head as a reminder.

It worked for me.

This is what I would do. Beat the shit out of this a-hole. :Mad:

Unfcknblvbl
April 12th, 2007, 10:16 PM
thats how I lost mine in my left ear.
-R3

Atticus, how is the "honker"?

Carlo
April 15th, 2007, 07:28 PM
i'm so glad you are healthy and safe TSTW...

i was in a car with my sister driving (many years ago) and ended up flying off the road...i wouldn't wish that experience on anyone...

so very glad you remain 100% intact.

-em

Ahhh...memories, memories!

Mixerpuppet
April 16th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Your one lucky dude TSTW....

Im 2 friends short, one dead the other in prison for vehicular homicide.

I decided not too long after that... was to develop a way to put car keys where a drunk person could never get them... cause when your drunk your last person to blurt out truthful statement about the blood alcohol level. (been there way too shamefully often)

Throw you keys on the roof of where ever your drinking... If your able to climb the roof, if your able to find YOUR keys and find the RIGHT CAR.... your probably not drunk enough...

But make sure you not throwing them like 3 or 4 stories up on a roof... that usually leaves a pile of drunken bodies where they all tried to climb up... and then fell. You alot easier to hose off if piled up...

IM glad those days are over...

Nobody like to see a guy who thinks he Elvis Knievel....

emtou2u
April 18th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Ahhh...memories, memories!

i had angels that night...perhaps angels in disguise...but angels all the same.