PDA

View Full Version : You know its time to clean the pool when...

clicktrack
April 12th, 2007, 02:57 AM
...your dog refuses to jump in.

Smart Dog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkbdSOZuass)

I bet you the pooch saw the ball in the water, gave the owner a sidelong glance and called her a foul name under his breath for throwing it there!

jerryskid
April 12th, 2007, 04:09 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mousdrvr
April 12th, 2007, 05:49 AM
...your dog refuses to jump in.

Smart Dog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkbdSOZuass)

I bet you the pooch saw the ball in the water, gave the owner a sidelong glance and called her a foul name under his breath for throwing it there!

That Dog was SO cool! :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup:

Tim Armstrong
April 12th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Damn, that's a smart dog!!!

Cheers, Tim

Sketchy McNads
April 13th, 2007, 02:04 AM
D'Oh I was hoping this thread was about the gene pool ;)

blackieC
April 13th, 2007, 05:21 AM
D'Oh I was hoping this thread was about the gene pool ;)

Then let me add this absolutely true story of dog gene pools.

I have a fine mixed breed shepherd-lab mutt lying a few feet away from me now stinking up the house. She is now well into her fifteenth year, so in respect for her longevity I make a show of ignoring her flatulence. Her name is Elvis.

In her prime she wieghed in at a rather muscular sixty pounds. I used to take her and my ex-aunt-in-law's two hundred pound plus pure bred Chocolate Labs (they had papers and shit) down to Town Lake here in Austin for a bit of a swim. I would throw tennis balls out into the lake and all three dogs would bound into the water in fierce competition to be the first one back to the shore with the prize.

It became apparent after the third throw that Elvis couldn't keep up with with larger, stronger and faster Labs. I felt a bit sorry for her as after all, she was my dog and I was just babysitting the others, but still I made a fourth throw sensing that none of them were ready to give up.

This time, as usual, the Labs leaped in with an unstportsmanlike gain on little Elvis paddling quickly out to the ball and retieving it. I noted with a stomach churning degree of worry that Elvis only paddled a third of the way out and then just floated there treading water. It was at that moment that she looked back at me and gave me a wicked grin. If you really know your dog then you can spot the difference between panting and wicked grin at a considerable distance.

As one of the Labs was about to pass Elvis on her way back to the shore (they were all female, but I can't remember the names of the Labs. They weren't MY dogs.)

It was at this point that little Elvis pounced mid-water upon the head of the Lab that had the ball and in the need to close her mouth as she was now underwater, the Chocolate gave up the ball.

Elvis of course grabbed it by force and swam to shore dropping it at my feet with a "I fucking showed them" look.

Just to prove to myself that it wasn't a fluke, I heaved the ball back into the lake several more times. Each time Elvis would wait patiently in the shallows for the larger dogs to retrieve it, and then take it from them thirty feet from the shore and bring it back to me.

What can I say?

She's my bitch.

http://womb.mixerman.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1986&d=1176441542

Sketchy McNads
April 13th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Then let me add this absolutely true story of dog gene pools.

What can I say?
She's my bitch.

:D

Nice story. All the dogs my family have owned have looked like the end of a mop - and have been just as useful...I'm impressed by any dog that will fetch a ball...with or without the water!