PDA

View Full Version : Slipperman has been suspended.

Aardvark
April 13th, 2007, 01:26 PM
It is with some sadness and regret that I announce this, but such is the life of a big-time radio talking head.

Last December, during the taping of the Mixerman Radio Show with (formerly) Slipperman and Aardvark, Slipperman made several disparaging comments regarding those gentle and sophisticated followers of The Montrčal Canadiens, God's very own team.

Not satisfied with denegrating this august group in general, he continued on to insult the people of Canada as a whole.

"Moose boffing, seal blubber scarfing, igloo living fuckwits" were only a few of his poorly chosen words...the rest are not fit for printing in a family oriented forum such as this.

Thanks to the advent of the internet and the twenty-four hour news cycle, these intemperate remarks have found their way around the world and back several times. These comments have caused enormous grief for an entire nation of good people whose recent hockey tragedies are only made more painful by the thoughtless words of yet another shock-jock looking for easy laughs at the expense of those unable to defend themselves against such institutionalised indifference and ignorance.

Enough is enough though.

When the last of the MMRS sponsors, Hans Ringer himself, called to cancel his advertising contract the writing was dripping blood on the wall of dark portend. If Hans Ringer, whose family fortune was made by arming the forces of Hitler's war machine, is disgusted by something it must really be bad.

The time has come to show the world that you cannot just show up in front of a microphone connected to a world wide audience and spew hurtful bile and invective in the direction of such a caring, knowledgable and blessed group of people like the true believers we call Habs fans.

Effective immediately, Slipperman will be suspended from the MMRS for a period of two and a half months. His pay will be docked and sent to the Howie Morenz foundation for broken legged drinkers who die mysteriously. Upon the completion of his suspension he will join Mixerman, Aardvark and special guest Kenny Gioia for a special summer taping of the world's most talked about call in show.

The date for this monumental moment in radio history is June 30th, from 1:00pm est until 4:00pm est. This will be a chance for all and any to call in and ascertain for themselves the level of his newly found commitment to fairness in broadcasting and his road to Damascus type revelation of Hockey truth.

As usual, there will be very little audio discussion so don't even bother asking.

Cheers,
Aardvark

seagate
April 13th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Longwinded way of announcing the next show...

:Coolio:

Tim Halligan
April 13th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Beauty.

In the meantime, is the remaining material from MMRS 2 ever going to see the light of day?

Cheers,
Tim

PS.

Longwinded way of announcing the next show..
:Coolio:

You've met Aardvark then?

:lol:

PPS. This is the incriminating evidence...

magicchord
April 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah, but is it really Slipperman's fault?
I mean, with Canucks calling each other "hosers" and their references to back bacon and Molson's, the wearing of toques, and saying "eh?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/magicchord/hosers.jpg

This stuff has been going on for decades, but it's okay then, isn't it?
Another good man loses his job due to Political Correctness! Makes ya sick, don't it?

jerryskid
April 13th, 2007, 04:17 PM
no way am I commenting...............

Fulcrum
April 13th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I mean, with Canucks calling each other "hosers" and their references to back bacon and Molson's, the wearing of toques, and saying "eh?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/magicchord/hosers.jpg

This stuff has been going on for decades, but it's okay then, isn't it?
Another good man loses his job due to Political Correctness! Makes ya sick, don't it?

Hey, or eh, just because members of that community use those expressions among themselves doesn't mean it's OK for an outsider like you and me to use it.

I mean, if I strolled in and dropped the H-bomb indiscriminately I would expect to have one of those, whaddayacallem, hucky sticks inserted up my ass and going home looking like a creamsicle.

Nome sane, ma hizzle?

Kenny Gioia
April 13th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Suspension?

Suspension?

I don't think so. A precedent has been set.

Slipperman must apologize for the next few days to be followed by a firing.

We'll miss ya.

dikledoux
April 13th, 2007, 04:59 PM
"First they came for the Moose boffing, seal blubber scarfing, igloo living fuckwits and I did nothing..."

dik

magicchord
April 13th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Well, I have several friends who are members of the Not-U-S-But-Still-North-American community, and they don't seem to mind when I greet them by saying, "How's it goin' my hosahs, eh?"
I never MEAN it as a slur.

dnafe
April 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I think Aardy's just got his knickers in a bind because his beloved Habs didn't make it to the playoffs and the Senators did

:grin:

Aardvark
April 13th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Well, I have several friends who are members of the Not-U-S-But-Still-North-American community, and they don't seem to mind when I greet them by saying, "How's it goin' my hosahs, eh?"
I never MEAN it as a slur.

And this part of the problem.

Sure, you don't see it as a slur let me tell you something Jack...when some smart-ass 'merkin crosses the border and shows up looking for stubby beer bottles, Rush records and an Eskimo hooker, all the time saying "what's up eh you bunch of hosers" he is ripping at the very fabric of our just society.

Let me tell you something else.

Ho is short for Hoser. It is OUR word, not the word of some prison culture turned pop music phenomenon. It is a Canadian contraction of Hoser... got that?

Had that dumb-ass Imus realised this he could have argued his way out of trouble by saying the Rutgers bballers reminded him of Canada's Governor General who, as a Canadian is a Ho(ser) and is a freakin' dynamite Babe who I'd do in a heartbeat. She is also articulate, well spoken, highly educated and has dark skin. Comparing any women to her would be quite a compliment.

So, in summation...

Take off eh! Ya DFA!

Cheers,
Aardvark

Comte de St Germain
April 13th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Where'd you get the crane for such a feat?

chrisj
April 13th, 2007, 10:16 PM
From a what? :)

Droolbucket
April 13th, 2007, 10:42 PM
That's what he gets for bad-mouthing the telekinetics.

Droolbucket

Comte de St Germain
April 14th, 2007, 04:56 AM
That's what he gets for bad-mouthing the telekinetics.

Droolbucket

That isn't fair, outting a telekinetic is like a bake sale in the middle of Firestarter.

Logan
April 14th, 2007, 02:15 PM
About time too. I thankfully didn't hear Mr Slipperman's hurtfull diatribe against the fans of the greatest hockey franchise on earth and Canadians in general, one of the few times I'm thankful for the lack of high speed in the this lonely northern rural abode, but there is no doubt that I was slandered and am very hurt. This end I have been in contact with my solicters to investigate a class action suite against the aforementioned fukwad, Mr Slipperman. I'm looking forward to owning most of his ill gotten high end audio equiptment.

It has come to my attention that Mr Slippermans business is in fact a front for propaganda broadcasts directed at Canadians and paid for by Paul Wolfenstein, the discredited world bank president and Dubya buddy, who is rumoured to be hedging his bets and eyeing our large reserves of oil. In fact if you play the recently produced segments on recording distorted guitar backwards you will hear several slights against Canadians, lacrosse, maple syrup, Pamela Anderson, Dan Akroyd, Alan Morriset , insulin and the Montreal Canadien.

Now could it be that as a former goalie, one that didn't make the grade, the pitiable Mr Slipperman holds a deep resentment against canadians whose superior talent, at the only game worth watching, no doubt drove him from the net night after night and sent him off to cry himself to sleep each night cursing the fact that fate had not allowed him to be born in the greatest hockey nation on earth.

His crimes against Canadians cannot be overlooked, start the paper work to get this lowlife sent here for trail and incarceration in a facility full of washed up hockey enforcers who will no doubt proceed to take numerous slapshots at his fish white derrier. No punishment is too harsh. Take care Logan

ATTICus Finch
April 15th, 2007, 01:01 AM
And this part of the problem.
Sure, you don't see it as a slur let me tell you something Jack...when some smart-ass 'merkin crosses the border and shows up looking for stubby beer bottles, Rush records and an Eskimo hooker, all the time saying "what's up eh you bunch of hosers" he is ripping at the very fabric of our just society.

Been holdin on to this one for a bit.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/Trashburg/aardvarkinpurgatory.jpg

Sig worthy

Slipperman
April 15th, 2007, 06:30 AM
LMFBO.

You guys are bent.

Made my(otherwise shit) week.

XOXOX

SM.

cozmicslop
April 15th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Where'd you get the crane for such a feat?

:icon_eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mitch
April 15th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Sorry.. I'm French Canadian.. can someone explain to me what the hell is a hoser? hehee
As this thread isn't that much entertaining anyway... :)

st robert
April 16th, 2007, 03:16 AM
when some smart-ass 'merkin crosses the border and shows up looking for stubby beer bottles, Rush records and an Eskimo hooker, all the time saying "what's up eh you bunch of hosers" he is ripping at the very fabric of our just society.

and so is it that you intend to retaliate by coming across the border to eat in our restuarants and then tip 4.5%?

savages.

thank you for sebastian bach, though;).

i'll miss mister slipper...

i think he might be my dad.

rob

Cosmic Pig
April 17th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Why I hardly know where to begin... mainly cuz I hardly know what you guys are talking about. However, I would like to point out that hoser was possibly started by Bob and Doug Mackenzie, and they may or may not have stolen it from National Lampoon's Canadian Corner.

Now as to this hockey issue, watching grown men scramble around after a puck is vaguely silly. Watching grown men cheer them on one, given the hypothalamus stimulation, is like watching cave men whack off. All grunty around the fire thinking the cave women looking on will somehow find their pee pee flailings attractive. It's surprising the sports fan wasn't naturally selected out millenia ago.

So in the interests of evolution, why not give them all a puck, then they won't have to fight over it. Think of the boon to mankind as the sports fans stop whacking off over the fire and begin the exploration of the frontal lobe.

Cos.

Comte de St Germain
April 17th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I prefer Euro style hockey. Yeah, Canada and the US have started to approximate it but that's mainly because of all of the Euro players in the NHL they can't catch.

st robert
April 17th, 2007, 05:42 PM
there's always pocket hockey, a game in which i am quite skilled.

...obviously.

rob

drummertom
April 19th, 2007, 01:45 AM
"The Montrčal Canadiens, God's very own team. "

Wait, didn't Bowie say God is an American? Now you're telling me he's Canadian?

Anduin
April 25th, 2007, 09:04 PM
watching grown men scramble around after a puck is vaguely silly... It's surprising the sports fan wasn't naturally selected out millenia ago.

Classic!

Anduin
April 25th, 2007, 09:05 PM

So your Mexican friends speak English. What's your point?

Logan
April 26th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I prefer Euro style hockey. Yeah, Canada and the US have started to approximate it but that's mainly because of all of the Euro players in the NHL they can't catch.

Give your fucking head a shake and then wash your mouth out with soap. Whenever the european players come here, with their background in weenie short pants wearing european sporting games, you can only count on them to do one thing, collect their pay and not show up when the going gets tough, and whine about it afterward. Most of them still think they are actually on an olympic diving team. When the season is over, they breath a huge sigh of relief that they won't be pounded to a pulp any more, and then they make a beeline for the world cup games where some paddy cake approximation of hockey is played. A good canadian boy with some pride in the game and an ability to play all aspects of the game, will eat those whiney euros' lunches every time. Take care Logan

Tim Halligan
April 27th, 2007, 01:16 AM
A good canadian boy

I'm told that the above statement is an oxymoron...one rivalling "military intelligence" in intensity.

Cheers,
Tim

Logan
April 29th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I'm told that the above statement is an oxymoron...one rivalling "military intelligence" in intensity.

Cheers,
Tim

Who said you check kiting horse stealing child abusing convicts turned sheep fuckers could chime in? From your military adventures to your attitudes to Canadians, you're begining to to resemble Merkins way too closely. take care Logan

nobby
May 1st, 2007, 01:57 AM
Slipperman, AKA Snidely Whiplash (check the studio tan) actually had a close call with the RCMP following the debacle. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G8f4YvFYpM)

Bob Knobler
June 10th, 2007, 08:02 AM
From your military adventures to your attitudes to Canadians, you're begining to to resemble Merkins way too closely.

Oh don't get me started on THAT one..... :Roll eyes:

Logan
June 12th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Oh don't get me started on THAT one..... :Roll eyes:

ok I won't. take care Logan

Bob Knobler
June 13th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Well fuck it, you have :Twisted:

Most australians are fully aware that our culture is dissapearing and we as a collective people are becoming more and more like 'merkins. Sadly we are not the only country following down this path.
But all is not as it seems...
First, our military involvments have nothing to do with the will of the public, but more to do with the fact that John Howard (our Prime Minister) is secretly harbouring sexual fantasies about dear George Dubya, and is only sending troops to Iraq because a) we get money and political support, and b) he wants to taste George's man goo....
The Australian public is very disatisfied with John Howard over this and other issues (like virtually killing unions and setting our workplace relations policy back 75 years), and with an election on the very near horizon, he is about to be well and truly shafted by the australian public.

Our attitude to canadians simply comes from overexposure to american media. No doubt whoever you may have heard said canadian joke from, they saw it on an american TV show and thought it was funny. In reality they were just stupid. You should pity these people, not flame them in internet forums. For they are just following the pack....

And for the record, i think many americans are stupid morons. Not all, but many. Living in fear of a threat that has been blown way out of proportion by the american media. Stupid people do what they're told, and think what they're told to think....

kwiksilver
June 13th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by Logan http://womb.mixerman.net/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://womb.mixerman.net/showthread.php?p=48128#post48128)
A good canadian boyI'm told that the above statement is an oxymoron...one rivalling "military intelligence" in intensity.

Cheers,
Tim

I think we should consult Aardy on this.

Although I think he would take umbrage at being called a lower case canadian.

:Uh oh:

Tim Halligan
June 13th, 2007, 05:41 AM
First, our military involvments have nothing to do with the will of the public, but more to do with the fact that John Howard (our Prime Minister) is secretly harbouring sexual fantasies about dear George Dubya, and is only sending troops to Iraq because a) we get money and political support, and b) he wants to taste George's man goo....

Let's be more accurate here.

It isn't just about John Howard and Dubya...it's about whoever resides in the Lodge - of whatever political persuasion - doing the bidding of whoever resides in the White House regardless of their political persuasion. There's a long history of Australia being ass-raped by the USA...and it has almost nothing to do with the politics in either country.

Whenever negotiations are held between our two countries about anything, we always cave in because the Septics have all of the big cards...and because the Septics view of "equitable" and "fair" means "as long as America wins - or you lose - we do not care one iota about anyone else".

But that's OK....because we're friends. :Confused:

With friends like them...

Cheers,
Tim

Bob Knobler
June 13th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Yea my version was greatly simplified. Moreso i was just pointing out the fact that i cannot even glance at a picture of George & John without laughing.

ie. "look at his little grin, i bet hes got butterflies in stomach"

AxeSlash
June 17th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I am no way affiliated with the US, Canada, or any other parties aforementioned in this thread.

However, I find it necessary to refer this matter to the unbridled genius of Colin Mochrie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uApZuZ6RPy4