PDA

View Full Version : there are no words...

gabby garcia
April 16th, 2007, 07:59 PM
to say how much this (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671) sucks.

'cept my heart goes out to all the families and friends of students and faculty at virginia tech who lost their lives or were wounded in today's tragic shooting.

Johnny
April 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
:Cry:

Fulcrum
April 16th, 2007, 08:16 PM
It seems like the death toll is rising every time I check back at MSNBC. It was 20 an hour ago.. now it'e 30+. Thirty families to pray for, to hope that they might find peace someday.

Wrong place, wrong time....

One wonders where the sense is in all these murders and why God allows things like this to happen-- part of some humanly-inscrutable plan, more so than any of us could comprehend.

I'm babbling.

Aardvark
April 16th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Two separate shootings two hours apart by, we are told, the same shooter.

I had a number of friends shot in an early incident like this many years ago at my old school.

This just never, ever makes sense.

Prayers for all the families, friends and, of course, the victims.

A.

Mixerpuppet
April 16th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I've been watching the internet news as it unfolded and I had just been thinking about how many things have been happening on the news and how fast it's been happening...

One "official" on the scene said that it was apparent this was not random...

It was a week or two ago that a University of Washington Student was shot to death by an ex-boyfriend...

Super duper sad and difficult for the families with children attending that school to sit and watch helplessly and wondering if thier loved ones survived.

I feel it will only get worse...

Which is even more sad....

Scratchy Potts
April 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
:Cry: Tragic news,

wonder what Charlton Heston makes of this??

bunnerabb
April 16th, 2007, 09:54 PM
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people. But I think the gun sort of helps." - Eddie Izzard

The only way to work this is either everybody has a gun or nobody has a gun.

Either outlaw them or strap a .9mm to every truck driver, girl scout, nun, and pensioner lady.

Even a complete whackjob wouldn't like the odds of a shooting spree if people are shooting back and it's not easy to go on a killing spree with a pointy stick.

G. Hoffman
April 16th, 2007, 11:00 PM
A moment of silence

Spock
April 17th, 2007, 12:29 AM
:Sad:

otek
April 17th, 2007, 01:17 PM

Immanuel
April 17th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Liv Librescu, 75, saved several of his students by blocking the door. He did this at the expence of his own life - an almost unbelieveably strong decision to make. Liv is the Danish word for 'life'.

Kenny Gioia
April 17th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Absolutely horrific.

And in other news…

My local "news" is doing a piece on "Belly dancing".

Way to Ad Lib guys. :Mad: :Mad: :Mad:

ggunn
April 18th, 2007, 12:14 AM
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people. But I think the gun sort of helps." - Eddie Izzard

The only way to work this is either everybody has a gun or nobody has a gun.

Either outlaw them or strap a .9mm to every truck driver, girl scout, nun, and pensioner lady.

Even a complete whackjob wouldn't like the odds of a shooting spree if people are shooting back and it's not easy to go on a killing spree with a pointy stick.

But still, the chances of a given person being caught in such a horrendous situation are vanishingly small. Arming everyone would be a worse cure than the disease, IMO.

There is and unfortunately always will be that lunatic fringe of humanity which will occasionally perpetrate something like this, just as there will always be plane crashes. Odds are you will never have to deal with either of them. Trust the laws of statistics.

BTW, a .9 mm gun would be way too small, anyway. .9 mm is about 1/32 inch. ;^)

bunnerabb
April 18th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Not at all.

the Heckler and Koch 9mm is gas jet vented, has no recoil, and a 4" barrel in it's kit.

If you're calling me on the decimal point, mea culpa.

I'm not for arming or disarming everybody, just one or the bleedin' other.

TSTW
April 18th, 2007, 01:12 PM
:Cry:

I've sat here for 15minutes trying to formulate in words how i feel about this stiuation, but words really do escape me.

jerryskid
April 18th, 2007, 02:30 PM
It's a crazy world....full of crazy people.....it's sad.....My heart goes out to all the victum's friends and family....I hate that they're starting to politicize this terrible tragedy.....It's nobody's fault but the shooter's, and he was nutz.....So please, please let's get past this and move on.....Terrible stuff happens, but there's no need to dwell on it........

Do you hear me media??????

bunnerabb
April 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I'd do one of those moment of silence posties but I think I went straight to the anger stage.

I think we should dwell a bit on the physics of it.

One whackjob with guns and ammo Vs. several hundred unarmed students and teachers.

The gun laws in this country are fucked up and I still say that lunatic or no, the gun helps.