PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

Pancho Ballard
April 21st, 2007, 12:48 AM
...or is this guy amazing?

Sananda Maitreya (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l56RUrwN4yQ)

Formerly Terence Trent D'Arby, he now resides in the rubbish tip for potential legends. How good is that voice?! :icon_eek:

Cosmic Pig
April 21st, 2007, 12:59 AM
Dude is in fact amazing. That guitar solo was pretty cool too.

Aardvark
April 21st, 2007, 01:49 AM
Brilliant call.

TTD was one of those guys who arrived nearly perfect...except he was a bit of a goof. This guy's ego got in the way of what should have been the career of the next James Brown meets Stevie Wonder.

I have never, ever doubted his absolute knowledge of the groove...something that was lost years back in the dawn of mediocrity.

If you ever need to question the sin of the grid go listen to "Introducing The Hard Line"...

...glad to see him keeping the pure faith.

Cheers,
Aardvark

:Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

jerryskid
April 21st, 2007, 03:54 AM
Yep..his ego definately got in the way....I remember him saying something about being better than the Beatles, or something to that nature, which really turned me off on him....I always respected the talent just not the person.....

Johnny
April 21st, 2007, 12:46 PM
Love TTD. I was wondering "what the hell ever happened to TTD?" one day and found his website and saw that he had, um, "redefined himself."

bunnerabb
April 21st, 2007, 04:01 PM
Holy shit.

st robert
April 21st, 2007, 05:24 PM
fuck.

yes!

awesome.

emtou2u
April 23rd, 2007, 03:21 AM
it's not just you....

Mmm....

personally, imho great music - great voice...until 6:50...

then he let's the ego go and you glimpse his soul....

7:45 - 9:00 is extraordinary...

thanks for this.

audio_affinity
January 10th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Wow, amazing voice indeed. I keep going back to listen again and again... Anyone know where I can find the audio of this live performance, the studio recording just doesn't quite do justice to the song like the live version does.

Great find!

Johnny
January 10th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the bump...time to break out Symphony or Damn.