PDA

View Full Version : Audience Reacts Badly

vanblah
April 24th, 2007, 09:24 PM
How would you handle this?

http://www.mikedaisey.com/2007/04/night-to-remember.sht

He has a follow up here: http://mikedaisey.com/

(I do wonder if this is just a publicity stunt though. Thanks Andy Kaufman for making us all jaded and distrustful of "real" comedy. :grin: )

ATTICus Finch
April 24th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Freaking wow

emtou2u
April 25th, 2007, 12:14 AM
from the first clip - i think he did a splendid job of addressing the situation and recouping...although in hindsight...i don't know if i'd chase after deserters and try to engage them...but hey, what an insult and bizarre thing to deal with.

Spock
April 25th, 2007, 01:01 AM
I think I would of tried to talk to the people.

It would be different if you are doing something on a street corner and people don't like it and then come up and poured the water. However, people paid money for tickets to come see his show. If you don't like the words he uses, then just picket the show outside.

I still don't understand what they expected their actions would do other than make people think they are nuts.

CurtZHP
April 25th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I still don't understand what they expected their actions would do other than make people think they are nuts.

They certainly weren't doing me any favors!

:Confused:

Johnny
April 25th, 2007, 03:06 PM
What was this, some kinda youth-group "activism?"

I don't know who the performer is, but it's obvious what kind of show he's going to be doing. If you show up and hear something offensive, you knew it going in.

If they didn't know, they had every right to walk out, but no right whatsoever to attack the man's performance. They owe him an apology and should publicly repent and ask for his forgiveness.

If they did know, and were looking for a fight, they should publicly repent and ask the Lord for forgiveness, because what they did is not the Christian way. Regeneration, not revolutionary actions.

If I had been there, I would have engaged the man on behalf of Christendom to apologize (both in an "I'm sorry" and apologetics sense), then I'd have torn those jerks a new one for doing damage to the cause of Christ. They are using the same kind of juvenile tactics that revolutionaries of any stripe always use.

st robert
April 25th, 2007, 03:14 PM
i read it all through and it just stinks of a stunt to me. the guy went into whiney c mode, then the follow up...
the way it was all worded felt like a made-for -tv movie about how he really connected with the guy and the guy was this stereotypical case of an anger management fuck up, lost in his own bullshit...

very plastic.

none of it seemed to resemble how people actually behave on both sides of this.

i call fraud...

Johnny
April 25th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I'm assuming it's not a stunt in my previous post, but it does feel Kaufmanesque. But the problem is it's believable.

vanblah
April 25th, 2007, 07:16 PM
very plastic.

none of it seemed to resemble how people actually behave on both sides of this.

i call fraud...

I go back and forth on this. I agree with you. The writing in his 4/24 post does seem a little contrived. Still, I also agree with Johnny that it's believable. Which is probably even sadder. It's not really that outrageous at all ...

Aardvark
April 25th, 2007, 08:15 PM
...If I had been there, I would have engaged the man on behalf of Christendom to apologize (both in an "I'm sorry" and apologetics sense), then I'd have torn those jerks a new one for doing damage to the cause of Christ. They are using the same kind of juvenile tactics that revolutionaries of any stripe always use.

Mathew 21:12 is tugging at my distant memories!

:Wink:

Cheers,
Aardvark

emtou2u
April 26th, 2007, 02:14 AM
What was this, some kinda youth-group "activism?"

I don't know who the performer is, but it's obvious what kind of show he's going to be doing. If you show up and hear something offensive, you knew it going in.

If they didn't know, they had every right to walk out, but no right whatsoever to attack the man's performance. They owe him an apology and should publicly repent and ask for his forgiveness.

If they did know, and were looking for a fight, they should publicly repent and ask the Lord for forgiveness, because what they did is not the Christian way. Regeneration, not revolutionary actions.

If I had been there, I would have engaged the man on behalf of Christendom to apologize (both in an "I'm sorry" and apologetics sense), then I'd have torn those jerks a new one for doing damage to the cause of Christ. They are using the same kind of juvenile tactics that revolutionaries of any stripe always use.
:Thumbsup: :grin:

“I like your Christ, I do not like some of your Christians. Some of your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

–mahatma ghandi

(this quote seems to apply here)

Johnny
April 26th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Clearing interlopers out of your own house ain't revolutionary.
;)