PDA

View Full Version : I had a Curve moment tonite!

Comte de St Germain
April 25th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Back in the early days of Gearsl*tz i remeber this totally awesome thread about chaining two DIs together. We all laughed, pointed fingers and gave the master a serious flaming.

I now must admit to doing such a Masterful technique.

We tried plugging a microphone into an effect pedal, it didn't work, something with the TRS cable wouldn't let the cheap effect see the cable connection. I already had the DI run out of the guitar effect into the wall plate to the PB and mic pre and when the effect wa removed from the chain it worked. I thought for a moment, remembered that totally awesome thread about daisy chaining DIs to get that awesome sound, then it hit me--- I should use two!

After plugging the TRS into the DI and out via a (hand woven by hippies in Denmark) guitar cable into the cheap effect the effect was recognised and worked flawlessly.

Simply astounding!

Oh crap, it must not have been as awesome because it was only patched using the "thru" on the first DI.

Should I retrack?

Aardvark
April 25th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Can you post up a mono 8bit sample at 22.05 for us to check just how 'Curve' it is?

:lol::lol::Wink:

Cheers,
PhillycheesesteakVark

Zoesch
April 25th, 2007, 03:51 PM
It's only a true Curve moment if you did it wearing a vinyl shirt open to about midway with a welcome mat taped over your chest.

I second the motion but for 8 bit/11.5 KHz mono for more spectacular curve-ness!

Thanks for bringing back memories of flaming Curve and Nika just for the fun of it :lol:

magicchord
April 25th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Flounder, my advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Comte de St Germain
April 25th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Flounder, my advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

I never stopped.