PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else suffering from post-Cape tracking deadline boredom?

Tim Halligan
May 2nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
So another Cape is almost gone, but instead of it being the usual traincrash of activity prior to the unveiling, it's happened earlier due to the interim deadline set out in the rules for this year. :Uh oh:

I've had my flurry of last minute activity...and now I'm in a slump. :Confused:

I want to hear the final mastered mix NOW. :Twisted:

Unfortunately, I have to wait until the 20th like everyone else. I may go insane in the interim. :Roll eyes:

How are the rest of you travelling?

Cheers,
Tim

archtop
May 2nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
I think we start trackin' next week.

Tim Halligan
May 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
LMFBO!!!

:lol:

Cheers,
Tim

chrisj
May 2nd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Me too. I'm keeping myself busy by putting new stuff on my freeby SVT cab AU plugin- and putting a glasspack muffler on my recently acquired old car :)

'93 Buick Century with better air duct to the stock air filter, and a Cherry Bomb (longest one available to fit the car) should produce a lame-but-clean looking car that could embarrass ricers if it wished. AND produce marginally better gas milage in the process. AND not be silly loud, either, no megaphones on the tail pipe there, no removal or damaging of the catalytic converter. Very fun post-CaPE project :)

bunnerabb
May 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
I think we start trackin' next week.

Can we bump it to week after? I'm sort of busy lately.

Anduin
May 2nd, 2007, 05:57 PM
How are the rest of you travelling?

Trazan abandoned Team Omen 2 days before the tracking deadline. Totally left us hanging when we needed him most. We were depending on him. He reneged. We are not pleased.

I can only assume he also quit Team Womb, as he claimed to be too busy for CAPE all of a sudden. I hope Mixerman and crew can get by with no guitarist.

sqkychair
May 2nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Yep,
As soon as I got it all uploaded, it just hit me that I was thinking about that tune for 3 months solid. Then, all of a sudden, it's over. Twinge of sadness, but also relief.

Wierd thing about trazan there. Real life must have thrown him a curve ball. Not like him at all.

bunnerabb
May 2nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Traz was a solid motherfucker on Bunny and a killer player who delivered the mail on time.

If he bailed, there must be a reason.

I just pray that him and his are ok.

Goes211
May 2nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Trazan abandoned Team Omen 2 days before the tracking deadline. Totally left us hanging when we needed him most. We were depending on him. He reneged. We are not pleased.

I can only assume he also quit Team Womb, as he claimed to be too busy for CAPE all of a sudden. I hope Mixerman and crew can get by with no guitarist.

You sure seem to have your panties in a bunch about it.

Again, give us the WHOLE story. It's not Traz's style to pull out like that. He's known to help out and those he has helped have benefitted 200%.
Trazan is my favourite musician here. And a superb human being to boot. Period.

jerryskid
May 2nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
DEADLINE ????.....there's a deadline?......

OH FUCK.....

:icon_eek:

Carlo
May 2nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Again, give us the WHOLE story. It's not Traz's style to pull out like that. He's known to help out and those he has helped have benefitted 200%.
Trazan is my favourite musician here. And a superb human being to boot. Period.

I'm hip Goes, and I agree he's the man, and that is the whole story...hell, his scratch mp3 from the hip could be lived on fer a year!

Hope he's okay.

dwoz
May 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM

Well, as it turns out, there seems to be a fairly significant and comprehensive amount of information which I've been made privvy to, that suggests that the material facts of Anduin's post are very much in dispute.

It would be a rather easy decision to make, to resolve this dispute in a very quick and unambiguous way, should it continue to be played out in such an aggressively public fashion.

Let's get our facts straight before we go slinging stones in a glass house, eh?

dwoz

Spock
May 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
As a pointman I'm not suffering yet. Our mixer is working hard and the the team members are providing feedback on the rough mixes.

But to Trazan. He kicked ass on Team Galactic, if he had to bail I'm sure there is a reason. I also have a lot of respect for Anduin, having worked with him on Team Pantheon. I can only hope it is some misunderstanding between those two.

dnafe
May 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Two things

First - Anduin...shit happens...find another player and get on with it. I don't think anyone would have bitched had you taken an extra couple of days to find a replacement, that is until you decided to air your beef in public.

Now, you may be fucked!

Second - I get lunch bag let down early in CaPE as I too am the drummer (this year I was done in mid March) Fortunately I was the designated pointman of our team and that kept me fairly involved but even still it was a little boring until...

Two weeks before the deadline I got the call to help edit the drums on a CaPE team - which I promptly fucked up and had to do again, only to have them add another verse which required me to edit them again...and I hear I may need to add some drum fills so that will require one more round of editing (and no I'm not bitching...I had a gas)

Then the last Thursday (I think) I volunteered to lay down some drum tracks for another team that decided to play "the phoenix" and rise from the ashes. So Saturday evening I was recording drums and Sunday morning I was editing so they could be tracked to ASAP

Pressure was on and it was fun!

But now that it's done...bring on the next one!

:grin:

edit - The tracking part that is...we have yet to start mix bashing

:Twisted:

mousdrvr
May 2nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Look,

I take this place really seriously probably WAY too seriously. But
come on, I can think of about half a million situations where a stand up dude has no choice but to bow out of CaPE even at the last minute, If that is even what really happened here. I don't think it's fair to slag a cat for having a more pressing duty, which in my book would include anything from a solid paying gig to a genuine emergency. I'm with Carlo I just hope the shit's not too deep for Trazan right now.

Anduin,

I'm not trying to make beef bro, I realize the whole thing can get pretty frustrating and emotional and I'm sure not gonna fling poo on that account. Not with all the wailing and nashing of teeth I've put all my teams through :lol:

-mous

David Aurora
May 2nd, 2007, 10:51 PM
wow anduin, that comment about trazan came across in a totally cunty way. what the fuck dude, show some decency. this is my 4th cape, in my first one, i bailed and in the last few ive seen other people bail. no big deal. shit happens. cape, while fun, isnt the biggest thing in everyones calendar/life. other shit takes priority sometimes and it would be good if you could understand that and not post little digs at a respected and valued forum member in such a wanky way. what are you trying to prove? i understand that sometimes emotion in these things boils over, but bagging out team-mates on the forums isnt the solution

studjo
May 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

I'm dying trying to mix all those tracks :D :D :D

It's never nice if someone has to leave a team - the same happened to our team - but sometimes there are situation where you have to choose. I almost couldn't do the mix since there's a lot of other work waiting - but it's too much fun and I need all the practice I can get :lol:
Tarzan is a great guy and a wonderful player. I wish I could do what he does.

Jo

QweziRider
May 3rd, 2007, 12:13 AM
Tracking? Done? Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to wedge the sound of a mandolin into the tune without it being the sound of my foot through said mandolin.

Me and my big yap.

E. Shaun
May 3rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Tracking? Done? Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to wedge the sound of a mandolin into the tune without it being the sound of my foot through said mandolin.

Me and my big yap.

Just tell Nomad to leave the faders down on my keyboard tracks to make the mando fit in. Don't worry...nobody will notice. :Wink:

And Anduin...if there were issues earlier, you should have taken a look at the guidelines and paid particular attention to the section that talks about dealing with disputes. Seriously...it's NOT cool to slag Trazan like you've been doing across two threads now. If there were issues, you should have made others aware of them long ago.

dwoz
May 3rd, 2007, 12:43 AM
now that team Hinterland's mixer is in cloister...its exactly like standing around while a woman is in labor delivering a child. As a guy in that situation, you are entirely, completely irrelevant to the process, and thus your presence is more a liability than a help, unless of course the woman needs someone to blame.

dwoz

E. Shaun
May 3rd, 2007, 12:49 AM
now that team Hinterland's mixer is in cloister...its exactly like standing around while a woman is in labor delivering a child. As a guy in that situation, you are entirely, completely irrelevant to the process, and thus your presence is more a liability than a help, unless of course the woman needs someone to blame.

dwoz

I'll take your word for it. After all, you should know!

mousdrvr
May 3rd, 2007, 12:57 AM
E, bro your sig!

Go watch a FireFly ep and get a warm fuzzy will you :lol:

Tim Halligan
May 3rd, 2007, 01:55 AM
...it's exactly like standing around while a woman is in labor delivering a child. As a guy in that situation, you are entirely, completely irrelevant to the process, and thus your presence is more a liability than a help, unless of course the woman needs someone to blame.

Yes!

Prezackly!

Cheers,
Tim

Johnny
May 3rd, 2007, 03:52 AM
Having read both Anduin and Trazan in the past, I'm sure both of you gentlemen can resolve this with no hard feelings. Please do. I'm looking forward to hearing your drumming, Anduin. I've appreciated both of y'all in past CAPEs.

As for the thread topic, I'm left with more a case of the "shoulda-coulda-wouldas." But I'm okay with my parts. My team rocks.

chrisj
May 3rd, 2007, 05:27 AM
Here's the plugin project (one of the freebies- Mac AU format)

http://www.airwindows.com/f/CabSVT.dmg

Originally it was just the emulation part. I have a DI/cab slider in there now (basically dry/wet for the cab model) and I have a delay on the dry part that goes between 0 and about 22 ms. You get a sort of gradual flangey effect into a chorusy effect, except it doesn't sweep- the idea is that it cancels certain frequency ranges and reinforces others. It can be set to 0 if that seems like a dumb idea- it can produce a pretty full sound, it's basically ADT for the direct input.

studjo
May 3rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
hey don't stand around - help your mixer to mix the stuff you delivered. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My team helps me tremendously with ideas where their parts belong and how to look at the song - I really dig those comments.

Jo

Mixerman
May 3rd, 2007, 08:46 AM

Actually, Trazan kind of fucked Team Womb this time around as well. You see, Aardy wrote a song with one note. And that note was D (believe it or not, that took Aardy two weeks to write. Crazy!). Trazan laid down like 50 tracks to Aardy's tune, but Trazan used an A. I mean, how the fuck do you mix up D and A? An A is so much happier sounding than D!

Yeah, so, well...this incident has really fucked us up. I tried tuning the A down to D, but it destroyed Trazan's phrasing. How that works, I don't know. It's only one note!

Aardy pitched the typical and ever-predictable songwriter's hissy fit, and has refused to let us use his song, claiming it's not his song anymore. This prompted Trazan to file for copyright using the same logic. Now Aardy has hired Michael Jackson's lawyer in order to sue the entire team for breech of contract.

Trazan, of course, has gone back to his job licking stamps.

As you can see, there is often more to the story than meets the eye.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

jerryskid
May 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Simply Brilliant....sarcasm at it's best.............:lol:

chrisj
May 3rd, 2007, 02:34 PM
Who's "Stamps"? :icon_eek:

mousdrvr
May 3rd, 2007, 08:48 PM
As for the thread topic, I'm left with more a case of the "shoulda-coulda-wouldas." But I'm okay with my parts. My team rocks.

Word!
Every time I feel like I could have taken it just a little further. then I sit around and wring my hands like a chump. usually trying to do extra tracks under the wire. It's odd cause I've done a ton of live gigs, not as many as some of the live dogs up in here but still enough and I just never get that warped about it, even when the gig goes flat or I wasn't feeling my best. And it's not just that its recording either. I think maybe it has something to do with the peer review thing. I think I just care more about what people think here.

-mous

omikl
May 3rd, 2007, 11:48 PM
Well, as Aardy's gonna erase & re-do them all anyhow, I figured "Why stress it?" :)

mousdrvr
May 3rd, 2007, 11:55 PM
Well, as Aardy's gonna erase & re-do them all anyhow, I figured "Why stress it?" :)

Yeah there is that but I think he's pissed at me at me right now, so I'm affraid my tracks will be replaced by a 10 second loop of 2 cats fucking. :lol: :lol:

-mous

BTW,

have you guys seen the Simpson's episode where Homer stops drinking for a month?

don't hound the mixer don't hound the mixer don't hound the mixer don't hound the mixer
don't hound the mixer don't hound the mixer don't hound the mixer

Pathetic I tell ya.

jerryskid
May 3rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
a 10 second loop of 2 cats fucking. :lol: :lol:

It's got a good beat and you can dance to it....I'll give it a 93....

Tim Halligan
May 4th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah there is that but I think he's pissed me at me right now, so I'm affraid my tracks will replaced by a 10 second
loop of 2 cats fucking. :lol: :lol:

-mous

He's pissed at you?

Who's the only guy - as far as I can ascertain - in the entire membership who currently has an "official infraction notice" for pissing the 'vark off...

Oh yeah...that'd be me. :Roll eyes:

Mous...don't sweat. He won't replace your parts with the cat fucking loop...

Mine...not so sure...

Cheers,
Tim

jerryskid
May 4th, 2007, 12:39 AM
He's pissed at you?

Who's the only guy - as far as I can ascertain - in the entire membership who currently has an "official infraction notice" for pissing the 'vark off...

Don't sweat it, Tim I've got one of those too.........

Azraphael
May 4th, 2007, 01:18 AM
He's pissed at you?

Nah, it's not just you, dude.

I'm pretty sure I've had several. But, that comes with the territory when you have a sensible, natural preference to the Leafs over the Habs.

Oh, and he won't be replacing parts with the sound of 2 cats fucking. He got his hands on some demo vocals of mine, so he'll probably use those.

Believe me, you'd prefer the cats.

:D

Cheers,

Dave

Unfcknblvbl
May 7th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I was on a plane yesterday flying from Houston back to the PHX with a toddler crying and screaming in the row behind me. He wanted something his mother wasn't giving up and he was quite unhappy about it.
I slipped on headphones and found I had the CAPE songs from 2003 - 2006 on my laptop. So, if you participated in those CAPEs, thank you very much, you made the flight bearable.
To those going down with the ship o' fools that is CAPE 2007, thank you in advance and I look forward to yer tunes.

nobby
May 8th, 2007, 01:41 AM
It's not Traz's style to pull out like that.

That's what the ladies say.

Personally, I'm relieved that the tracking deadline is passed, as, for reasons I'll elaborate on after the finished mixes are posted, the tracking took a record number of man hours for me to accomplish.

As for Dwoz's analogy of waiting for the pregnancy to run its course, I'm busy as hell and am not waiting for anything.

I have too many other bastards to sire as it is :grin:

bbkong
May 12th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I dunno, but if our team's drummer didn't turn in his tracks till 5 days before the deadline, there'd be some bloodletting going on.

We whipped our tune out in 30 days without breaking a sweat.

Frankly, I'm glad for this mix extension. This way I can offer the team a choice: my 'beer goggles' mix, my 'hungover' mix and my 'I hate this song and never want to hear it again as long as I live' mix.

That's usually my best one.