PDA

View Full Version : This made my day

Mixerman
May 3rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
I got an email today which I'd like to share with everyone. It's anonymous, so netiquette police need not be concerned.

It's pretty rare for me to get hate email. Nothing nasty mind you. But this person felt compelled to express their dissatisfaction with the online portion of my diary. Here's the email, followed by my official public response:

"Hi, I found the diary exhausting to read and made me depressed. I am not fond of your attitude to mock people, call them names etc, you need to get a life."

Indeed!

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Goes211
May 3rd, 2007, 08:34 AM
Indifference would suck.
But this...it's just press.
:D

jerryskid
May 3rd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Sorry Mixie, I was off my meds when I sent that.........

:Confused:

Cosmic Pig
May 3rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
That's the price you pay for being responsible for all this nincompoopery.

Mocker.

Hey was I just mocking mockers?

Cos.

Tim Halligan
May 3rd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Hey was I just mocking mockers?

Probably better than fucking fuckers... :Roll eyes:

OK...so it wasn't that funny...but it was quick-ish.:Confused:

Cheers,
Tim

Joel DuBay
May 3rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
I've said it twice; put down the pipe.

tonytigergrrr
May 3rd, 2007, 01:58 PM
Well apparently the drummer from your diaries CAN read as well as being a Crappy drummer...:lol:

dwoz
May 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Well apparently the drummer from your diaries CAN read as well as being a Crappy drummer...:lol:

You seem prone to using oxymorons in your posts....

not a bad thing, just noticing...

:lol:

dwoz

ggunn
May 3rd, 2007, 06:03 PM
That's the price you pay for being responsible for all this nincompoopery.

Mocker.

Ringo?

vanblah
May 3rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
"Hi, I found the diary exhausting to read and made me depressed. I am not fond of your attitude to mock people, call them names etc, you need to get a life."

You forgot the second part:

"It was so exhausting and depressing that I could barely read the entire thing all the way through ... twice. On the third reading I was interrupted at my helpdesk job by someone calling me about a printer jam so I didn't get to finish the diary that time.

I have so much disdain for your attitude to mock people and call them names that I can hardly wait for anymore installments to the diary so that I can continue to look down upon you and your diary."

crunch
May 3rd, 2007, 07:50 PM
Made mine too.

"Hi"

Yeah. Hi. What?

"I found the diary exhausting to read and made me depressed"

Yes, and all the while, I find you neither exhausting OR depressing.

"I am not fond of your..."

I am not fond of people who use the word "fond".

Gheylourde.

NTTAWWT. Except when it's you.

"your attitude to mock people, call them names etc..."

Yes, poopypants, that is really mean and bad. Boohoo!

Have you even CONSIDERED visiting the planet Earth circa 2007? Do you fucking live on Walton's Mountain or something? Have you never worked a job (with which almost any will do), where a fundamental portion of the job description is the constant overflowing influx of maddeningly ignorant and/or stupid people?

Do you work in HR?

"you need to get a life"

Yes. I need to get a life.

The proof is your personal email, which you have bestowed upon me, where you clearly indicate that while you could be off doing practically anything that would be found less annoying, you have chosen to spend these few fleeting moments making your well educated perceptions and analysis clear to me concerning the unwavering fact that it is I (and not you) that has been officially deemed to be "without life" and furthermore, that it is thoroughly encouraged by you that I somehow become in possession of one.

Thanks.

Get right on that.

:Roll eyes:

Crunch is running the helpdesk today. Anyone else need some copius amounts of my thoughfully acidic wit and charm today? Step right up...

I promise not to post in the Unsigned Music Madness.

Not a good day.

David Aurora
May 3rd, 2007, 10:33 PM
Made mine too.

Yeah. Hi. What?

Gheylourde.

Have you even CONSIDERED visiting the planet Earth circa 2007? Do you fucking live on Walton's Mountain or something? Have you never worked a job (with which almost any will do), where a fundamental portion of the job description is the constant overflowing influx of maddeningly ignorant and/or stupid people?

Do you work in HR?

The proof is your personal email, which you have bestowed upon me, where you clearly indicate that while you could be off doing practically anything that would be found less annoying, you have chosen to spend these few fleeting moments making your well educated perceptions and analysis clear to me concerning the unwavering fact that it is I (and not you) that has been officially deemed to be "without life" and furthermore, that it is thoroughly encouraged by you that I somehow become in possession of one.

Thanks.

Get right on that.

Crunch is running the helpdesk today. Anyone else need some copius amounts of my thoughfully acidic wit and charm today? Step right up...

Not a good day.

the word "gheylourde".....last year when i was in india i saw a restaurant called "gaylords". apparantly its the shit. am i childish for finding that fucking hilarious? dont answer that.....

lebouche
May 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
If I was you Mixerman I'd dedicate my next book to them:grin: that'll please em..

Mixerman
May 4th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Made mine too.

Yeah. Hi. What?

Gheylourde.

Do you work in HR?

Thanks.

Get right on that.

Not a good day.

In light of the above Crunch response, my "indeed" seems wholly inadequate.

NOW I'm depressed. Thanks a lot asshole.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Carlo
May 4th, 2007, 12:30 AM
...fuck it...any print is good print!

Azraphael
May 4th, 2007, 01:00 AM
the word "gheylourde".....last year when i was in india i saw a restaurant called "gaylords". apparantly its the shit. am i childish for finding that fucking hilarious? dont answer that.....

Yer probably childish, but I'm in the same boat.

A couple years ago I went to conference in Orlando, FL. The event was held at, I shit you not, a beautiful 5 star resort called:

...wait for it....

Gaylord Palms (http://www.gaylordpalms.com)

A worse name for a hotel simply doesn't exist. I spent a week laughing at signs, ashtrays, towels, gift bags, uniforms, etc.

Apparently there's a chain of Gaylord resorts all over the United States.

Who knew?

Cheers,

Dave

Azraphael
May 4th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Oh, and back on topic....

I figure the goal of any artform is to elicit some kind of emotional response. If this tool bothered to write you about his/her disdain for your writing style, then I'd say you've succeeded. You got an emotional response.

And, at the end of the day, it means someone read it. :)

Cheers,

Dave

crunch
May 4th, 2007, 02:02 AM
NOW I'm depressed. Thanks a lot asshole.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Glad I could help.

:D

What, you don't like the way I run the helpdesk?

I am the BOFH.

gabby garcia
May 4th, 2007, 02:32 AM
I am the BOFH.

you can run, but you can't hide!
:lol:

Spock
May 4th, 2007, 02:47 AM
LART, LART, LART 'em.

Cool, I didn't know that some other folks around here are up on the BOFH.

Unfcknblvbl
May 4th, 2007, 03:54 AM
This type of e-mail is the kind that help me break in my 'Delete" button on my new keyboard...

crunch
May 4th, 2007, 02:00 PM
http://womb.mixerman.net/images/deleted.jpg

Mixerman
May 4th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well, he sent me another email! This is it in it's entirety. It seems you hit a nerve Crunch. He quoted you. This is the reply email in it's entirety, followed by my public response.

Dear Mixerman,

Thanks.

Get right on that.

Honestly, I dont have the inclination or time to read all the insights that you seem to have all the time in the world to write, and want everyone to read, including my letter. Speaking as a professional drummer who can stick to a click,(I'm not defending the drummers who can't) and as a home studio owner, I thought I might get some good insights into how the pros do it, and I really couldn't get pass your smart ass, pathetic attitude towards your clients, it got too much in a very short while. We get the fact that you're the only 'pro' in this story, and all the hostility towards the label signed 'wet behind the ears' musos that you've lowered yourself to deal with. It's not that insightful ! Seriously. I realise you know your shit, and musos can be a pain in the ass at times, especially the crap ones that can't string 3 chords together and yet, write a hit, but dumb ass, dumb as cotton, you really come across as a bit of a tool yourself. For such an intelligent writer, I can't believe you can't see how it cheapens the whole experience of reading your diary, even if you are that shallow and unoriginal, get an editor.
signed, John Boy!

Dumb Ass... is that you?

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Mixerman seeking self-editor. Apply within.

Fulcrum
May 4th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I am the BOFH.

"It's you isn't it? THE BASTARD OPERATOR FROM HELL!"

"In the flesh, on the phone and in your account.... You shouldn't have called you know. You especially shouldn't have given me your username.." >clickety< >click< "Neither should you have sent that mail to the System Manager telling him what you think of him in such graphic terms..."

"I didn't send any.."

>clickety< >click<......

"No, you didn't did you? But who can tell these days? Not to worry though, It'll all be over VERY soon.." >clickedy clikc<
"..change my username back, and..."

"b-b-b.." he blubs, like a stood-up date

"Goodbye now" I say pleasantly, "you've got bags to pack and a life to start over..."