PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine...

TSTW
May 4th, 2007, 01:54 AM
I've had the (fortunate) situation of getting involved with a good friend of mine's sister, Hes annoyed, because its his sister, but i like her. How the hell do i break it to him?

Any advise welcome?

TS

Azraphael
May 4th, 2007, 02:02 AM
I've had the (fortunate) situation of getting involved with a good friend of mine's sister, Hes annoyed, because its his sister, but i like her. How the hell do i break it to him?

Any advise welcome?

TS

Dude, if he's already annoyed, then what do you need to "break to him"? Sounds like he already knows, or at least suspects.

I'd say be straight with him. If he's a good friend, he'll trust you not to hurt her intentionally, etc... and you might wanna remind him that this way she's with a "known quantity" if he knows you well.

Either way, it's a rough situation... and it'll only get worse the longer you put it off.

Was the worth $0.02?

Cheers,

Dave

Joel DuBay
May 4th, 2007, 02:11 AM

Any advise welcome?

TS

YOU have a friend? :icon_eek:

Wait.....back up... let's get this straight first.

You have a friend?

:grin:

Joel DuBay

www.readyacoustics.com
Acoustic Treatment Gurus

David Aurora
May 4th, 2007, 03:45 AM
tell him youre fucking his mum. when he flips out just go "relax dude, im joking, its your sister. wanna get a beer?"

im sure it'll go fine. :lol:

seagate
May 4th, 2007, 04:34 AM
tell him youre fucking his mum. when he flips out just go "relax dude, im joking, its your sister. wanna get a beer?"

Subtle, as always...

:lol:

Cosmic Pig
May 4th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Let his sister deal with it. But may I suggest not hustling her in front of the brother/buddy.

jerryskid
May 4th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Just tell him you'll treat her like a queen....and if you don't he can kick your ass....

blackieC
May 4th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Dang...

A difficult situation...

If you are speaking from the position of a feeling that might be, at this time or in the near future, to be considered or be construed within the context of "love", then by all means hold tight.

I once was deeply in love with a girl that was attached to a family that despised me, but I stuck it out.

I found out near the end of the relationship that Great Uncle Tato, (who lived in world where the Sopranos would be considered a documentary) once offered to make me "go away".

Even with hearing this information six months before our unwritten marriage came to an unpleasant end, I still don't regret a moment that we spent together.

Not a single moment.

Even the times when we were arguing. Have you ever tried arguing with a Puerto Rican?

It didn't last forever as I had blindly hoped, but it lasted long enough for me to build up a cache of the happiest memories of my life.

If you think you are falling in love, then let yourself fall and damn the fallout.

If she is merely a warm body to hold, then find another.

There are plenty.

bunnerabb
May 4th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Look him in the eye and say "I love her".

Almost every girl is somebody's sister.

If he's gonna be a dick about it, ask him why.

MacGregor
May 4th, 2007, 08:29 AM
...and you might wanna remind him that this way she's with a "known quantity" if he knows you well.

Maybe exactly THAT's the problem.

MacHehehe

lebouche
May 4th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Personally I think you should....never date a friends x or sister.
Your friends generally know what a dirty dog you are.
If you havent become deeply involved don't and it won't hurt too badly to give it a miss.
Try looking at her next time you see her and noticing all the similarities between her face and your friends...his should start to appear and you will be instantly turned off or discover that actually you fancy your friend.
Then maybe you could elope with them both and break all the rules:Twisted:

TSTW
May 4th, 2007, 10:33 AM
you might wanna remind him that this way she's with a "known quantity" if he knows you well.

Better the devil you know i suppose.

Thanks for the advise guys.

TSTW
May 4th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Personally I think you should....never date a x or sister.

Your friends generally know what a dirty dog you are.

Thats the problem!:Roll eyes:

Try looking at her next time you see her and noticing all the similarities between her face and your friends...his should start to appear and you will be instantly turned off

I have applied this formula to another friends sister. (this isn't a trend i swear) as wrong as it sounds, it works.

im sure it'll go fine. :lol:

Cheers Dave :D
you always manage to put it into perspective!

almost forgot FUCK :) ;)

TSTW
May 4th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Woops

CurtZHP
May 4th, 2007, 06:42 PM
My advice in situations like this is honesty. It works every time it's tried.

I met my wife's brother before I met her (he was in a band I was working with at the time, and was a friend of an old friend of mine). Some time after his sister and I had noticed each other (Read: "Fell madly in love with each other."), I was giving him a lift home one night. When I pulled up to the house, I wrote my number on a napkin and asked him to give it to her. He was totally cool about it and said he would.

She called me the next day.

The rest, as they say, is happily-married-with-two-kids history.