Posts 1,070
    Rep Power 536871071

Default MiX iT#4b: ReMiX the MMRS theme : Signup

Signups are now closed.

To Download the files please got to MiX iT#4c : The FiLeZ thread

Thanks

C & C

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You may ONLY post in this thread if you are signing up for MiX iT! #4. Please post all questions in the MiX iT! #4 - ReMiX the MMRS theme : Q&A thread. Thx!

MiX iT! #4 - Sign Up to ReMiX the Mixerman Radio Show theme

Sponsored by Kagi Media and Auraleo Advanced Learning

We are now accepting entries for mixers to participate in MiX iT! #4. Entries will be accepted until Sunday March 15 2009. (don't worry about timezones ... we're flexible ... as long as it it Sunday where you live you're fine)

You will be ReMiXing the Mixerman Radio Show theme by Team Womb produced by Mixerman

How to enter

1. Read the MiX iT! - Global Mixing Event thread. This will give you an idea of what to expect.
    2. Submit a post confirming your entry in this thread.
    3. Copy + paste the following in your entry post: "I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."

Only upon completion of these 3 steps will your entry be accepted.

What we expect from you

If you agree to all terms and conditions we expect you to :

1. take part in phase 2 – ReMiX It.
    2. Post your finished Mix
    2. take part in phase 3 – Discuss It.

Basically this means that you will download the MMRS theme (multitrack files). You REMIX it and post your Mix and project or session file. You will get approx. 2 weeks to do this. The multitrack files will ONLY be available for download during the first week. During the last 2 days of the ‘Mix It’ phase you will be able to upload your Mix and project or session file to a dedicated thread. We do NOT want your Mix before you see that thread. Even if you finish it earlier. Of course we would very much welcome your input during the ‘Discuss It’ phase. After all that IS what this is all about – discussing mixing.

A couple things you need to agree to

1. You are free to ReMiX the song any way you see fit using any mixing tools you want.

2. You must agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons Info

Creative Commons is the license the remix sites are using to do remix events similar to what we're doing here. The following is an explanation of what Creative Commons is about from CreativeCommons.org.

“Some Rights Reserved”: Building a Layer of Reasonable Copyright

Too often the debate over creative control tends to the extremes. At one pole is a vision of total control — a world in which every last use of a work is regulated and in which “all rights reserved” (and then some) is the norm. At the other end is a vision of anarchy — a world in which creators enjoy a wide range of freedom but are left vulnerable to exploitation. Balance, compromise, and moderation — once the driving forces of a copyright system that valued innovation and protection equally — have become endangered species.

Creative Commons is working to revive them. We use private rights to create public goods: creative works set free for certain uses. Like the free software and open-source movements, our ends are cooperative and community-minded, but our means are voluntary and libertarian. We work to offer creators a best-of-both-worlds way to protect their works while encouraging certain uses of them — to declare “some rights reserved.”
    Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License

Everyone who downloads the chosen song's multitrack files must agree to the terms of Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. Our basic purpose here is to protect the owners of the multitrack audio files from having others use their audio for commercial gain.

This license will grant the following rights to those downloading the tracks. The following is from CreativeCommons.org.

You are free:

to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work

Under the following conditions:
    • Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
    • Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
    • No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
    • For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
    • Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
    • Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
    The MiX iT! file transfers for the multitrack version of the selected song will be hosted by Auraleo Advanced Learning

Enjoy !!!!!

Charles & Chris
    Last edited by Chris Lambrechts; April 18th, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Edible underwear tester Virginia Skanky...of the Huntington Beach Skankys
    Join Date Jul 2008
    Location New Jersey. And yes - I admit it.
    Posts 151
    Rep Power 536871023

Default Re: MiX iT#4b: ReMiX the MMRS theme : Signup

wow - i guess i'm the first to say

I'M IN!!!

ps - I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
    goes looking for thin ice to walk on Sentimental Hygenist
    Join Date Mar 2007
    Location Mumbai
    Posts 79
    Rep Power 536871036

I am in!

I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
    www.kastadyne.com
    What do you mean "Flash Gordon approaching"?
    Sweet Child o' Mime Gumball Rally Driver
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Location Somewhere
    Posts 1,804
    Rep Power 536871095

For this mixit event and concerning all files related to it: "I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."

Thanks to all involved in making this happen
    Intellectually perfect only means there's nothing wrong. To me, overproduction means throwing away what's right in a herculean effort to achieve nothing wrong. (Bob Olhsson)
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Location Yellow Submarine
    Posts 584
    Rep Power 536871054

"I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."
    You can hear some of my work at http://www.thedubnicks.com - feedback appreciated!

"Think of a creative way around your problem and keep your money in your pocket." - Robert Rodriguez from his "10 Minute Film School" mini-doc on the making of his first, $7000 budget movie, El Mariachi.

"Life is work, and the reward for doing that work is more work. More difficult and beautiful work." - Andrew Wagner, director of "Starting Out In The Evening" from the film's commentary track.
    From New Jersey...and admits it! Irascible redactor
    Join Date Apr 2007
    Location London, UK
    Posts 772
    Rep Power 536871058

I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
    "I'm interested in nurturing and featuring musicians and music, not constantly cutting people out of car wrecks." Pimp-X
    Owns and wears an Elvis jumpsuit Owns a kick-start dildo
    Join Date Jun 2008
    Location In a little African country do
    Posts 2,358
    Rep Power 536871097

Just about time
    In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter. Breast reduction surgery candidate
    Join Date Sep 2008
    Location Sunny San Juan, P.R.
    Posts 562
    Rep Power 469762109

GREAT!
    I confirm my entry here.

also

Obsequious oddball Peggy Guggenheim's bartender
    Join Date Nov 2007
    Location Minneapolis
    Posts 1,399
    Rep Power 44689451

And my panties are a bit moist.

Though that is somewhat unrelated.
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Home Skooled
    Join Date Feb 2009
    Location Crete
    Posts 10
    Rep Power 101

well......I am in too!

"I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."
    SoundBlaster™ Expert Jewish Rapper... Busta Hymen
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location On the bright side of life!
    Posts 4,138
    Rep Power 536871175

If time permits I'm in, if only to Autotune[tm] and abuse this "Aardvark" vocal

MacHehehe...
    Mac

Don't be worried about your anosognosia.

Being a professional is not about how good you are at your best,
    but how good you are at your worst.

Creating complex solutions is easy.

Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Home Skooled
    Join Date Jan 2009
    Location Chicago
    Posts 14
    Rep Power 201326731

Yes. Sounds like fun.

goes looking for thin ice to walk on Thinks 'Catcher in the Rye' refers to a book
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location France
    Posts 93
    Rep Power 335544492

I am in...
    Silly Rabbit Chocolate Muffin Eater...think Halle Berry!
    Join Date Feb 2009
    Location Halifax
    Posts 145
    Rep Power 59847683

Booyah. I'm SO in.
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Child Prodigy Gone Bad
    Join Date Jan 2008
    Location Sweden
    Posts 9
    Rep Power 114

Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Dated Paris Hilton before she was a tramp!
    Join Date Mar 2007
    Location Oulu, Finland
    Posts 26
    Rep Power 124

Highway to Hell is for Children Allen Bean to the Moon
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 5,339
    Rep Power 536871215

When in doubt, mumble!

EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE SHIT IF YA LISTEN LONG AND HARD ENOUGH.
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Has every David Cassidy record!
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location France
    Posts 21
    Rep Power 33604835

Hi,

Count me !

Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Has every David Cassidy record!
    Join Date Jun 2007
    Posts 21
    Rep Power 121

I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location 10.1.1.3
    Posts 2,173
    Rep Power 494928057

"Art is the expression of imagination, not the reproduction of reality." - Henry Moore

>> York St Recording Studios <<