Thread: Don't Sniff Gas if you plan on being Tased...

Join Date Nov 2006
    Location In a Mobile...backstage...all by myself...
    Posts 1,861
    Rep Power 536871101

Default Don't Sniff Gas if you plan on being Tased...

You gotta admit...whoever titled this article defintely had their "who-what-where-how-why" thinking hats on...

Tasered Austrialian Gas Sniffer Bursts Into Flames
    Follow Click Track Audio on Twitter

Check out Click Track Audio on Facebook
    A mother-in-law's nightmare Bug Tussle Town Dogcatcher
    Join Date Jan 2008
    Location Heaven's Gate
    Posts 2,527
    Rep Power 536871108

Default Re: Don't Sniff Gas if you plan on being Tased...

Ouch!
    "Here ain't there..." - Unfcknblvbl, June 17th, 2010
    Garden variety weasel...has ripped flesh. Thinks Maroon 5 is a planet. Pluto too.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location New Hampshire, Canada
    Posts 506
    Rep Power 536871055

elsewhere, they tasered some guy 28 times, and he died. 28 times !!! Doesn't just once usually render most people almost into pants-wetting, drooling mode? I think after the first time, and certainly after the second time, I would be like "Whatever you say, man, just don't tase me again, bro."
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 1,861
    Rep Power 536871101

elsewhere, they tasered some guy 28 times, and he died. 28 times !!! Doesn't just once usually render most people almost into pants-wetting, drooling mode? I think after the first time, and certainly after the second time, I would be like "Whatever you say, man, just don't tase me again, bro."
    Was he a go-go dancer at a Nirvana cover band revue? Hell, in that case, anyone would mistake a normally perfect convulsion for dancing...

A mother-in-law's nightmare Bug Tussle Town Dogcatcher
    Join Date Jan 2008
    Location Heaven's Gate
    Posts 2,527
    Rep Power 536871108

"Here ain't there..." - Unfcknblvbl, June 17th, 2010
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location West Chester, Ohio
    Posts 1,558
    Rep Power 536871090

A lot of things you shouldn't do if you plan to get tased.

My older brother is firefighter/EMS person. Many times they get called to stand offs with police when the cops think it is going to end with someone getting tased. Or as the cops call it, "Riding the Wire"

The first one my brother got called out on was a guy running from the cops. He ran into his house and through a small opening into the attic of the house. The cops kept tell the guy to come down, they were not going to climb up and fall thought the ceiling trying to drag the guy down.

My brother wonder why EMS was called as I said, and the cops told him to just wait. After a bit of trying to talk the guy down and telling him exactly what would happen, the cops fired the taser. The guy lost all control of his body and fall on the sheet rock of ceiling, crashed through it, and hit the floor hard.

He ended up handcuffed to the EMS gurney, with a badly broken leg and soiled pants.
    Tori's Alibi

CAPE III - Team Galactic
    CAPE IV - Team Pantheon
    CAPE V - Team Elemental & Team Milk Carton
    CAPE VI - Team Grapestomper
    CAPE VII - Team Altitude
    Hot Rats Greatest Hits Loves Jules and The Polar Bears
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 4,411
    Rep Power 536871186

An Australian man holding a container of gas and a cigarette lighter......
    Really? A container of gas and a cigarette lighter? what are the odds that is not going to end badly.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    -Henri Poincare
    Court of The Crimson King of The Road Bought Bre-X high... still holding hope
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location on a big ball flying through space
    Posts 4,568
    Rep Power 536871191

He blowed up real good.

(insert SCTV credit here)

JLE
    "A machine is only as effective as its user"-Wilbur Wright

"I've suffered for my music, and now it's your turn"-Neil Innes

"I am amazed every single day how so many think that you have to constantly DO things to engineer properly. In fact, you do as little as possible, and then only the things required. The trick is in knowing what is actually required."-Terry Manning

"WE'RE ALL VILLAGE IDIOTS AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER. "-der Schlippermensch

Facebook me!
    blah, blah, blah
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 1,861
    Rep Power 536871101

Really? A container of gas and a cigarette lighter? what are the odds that is not going to end badly.
    Yep.

A Container of gas, A lighter and a taser.

The Stuff Mythbusters & the Darwin awards are made of.

Plays in Winger cover band Michigan J. Frog
    Join Date Nov 2008
    Location Dallas, Texas
    Posts 740
    Rep Power 536871038

Stupid is as Stupid Does

Most friends are "on the inside". Oxygen bandit
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location Denver, CO
    Posts 662
    Rep Power 536871059

Now, what if someone were doing it on purpose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BPdUpnoCvc
    Comfortably dumb Commissioner of Rock and Roll!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Uni freakin' Corn
    Posts 1,279
    Rep Power 536871081

If I may backtrack a little bit;

From the original attached article,
    Aboriginal community spokesman Dennis Eggington said the guns were unsafe and should only be used as a last resort.

"There are major health issues affecting many of our people across the country, from diabetes to heart health," said Eggington, chief of the Aboriginal Legal Service.
    Taser as last resort? So isn't this cat is pretty much saying, "Pop a few bullets into the fucker. If he's still a bit more mobile than you feel comfortable with, give him a bit of a shock."

I don't plan on being tased, but if the occasion should arise, I would rather fall down and shit myself rather than being shot.
    London Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft Space Station pet
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location over there, a little to the left..
    Posts 3,274
    Rep Power 470076312

its sort of hard to read this the same knowing the condition of indigenous rights here in australia. i can sort of separate it for a second and go "wow, thats a wild story!" but most of me just sees it as yet another shameful mistreatment of the REAL australians. our officials treat them like bratty children, and most of our general public treats them like outsiders in their own country.

$10 says this becomes an sms joke around australia about "petrol sniffing abo's getting torched" instead of any real change coming from it. pisses me off that in this day and age segregation still runs rampant
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location ██████████
    Posts 6,389
    Rep Power 402653957

Taser as last resort? So isn't this cat is pretty much saying, "Pop a few bullets into the fucker. If he's still a bit more mobile than you feel comfortable with, give him a bit of a shock."
    No - he's saying, guns shouldn't even enter the equation unless the other person has one.

its sort of hard to read this the same knowing the condition of indigenous rights here in australia. i can sort of separate it for a second and go "wow, thats a wild story!" but most of me just sees it as yet another shameful mistreatment of the REAL australians. our officials treat them like bratty children, and most of our general public treats them like outsiders in their own country.
    At the same time, there is a huge alcoholism problem within our indigenous community, and partly that's a problem of education...

I used to work at a Alcohol and Other Drug agency and I have a deck of playing cards here somewhere issued by... a government department if I'm not wrong, printed up with anti-drinking slogans and anti-drug slogans... they released them, and then instantly recalled them when they realized that they were promoting gambling

EDIT: Also I think the cards were deemed patronizing, but I'm not sure. If you notice each of these examples has a "proper english" version and a "dumbed down" version...

And some of the cards:

http://www.adac.org.au/special/hpcards/hp-hearts.html
    http://www.adac.org.au/special/hpcards/hp-clubs.html
    Gearwire.com Drum Mixing Tutorial: The best way of course is an oscilloscope... but, we don't have that, we don't have that here, so we have to use our ears...
    London Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft Space Station pet
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Getting smaller every day
    Posts 3,264
    Rep Power 489494619

I don't know what was going on in that situation, but around here we have a fairly bad meth problem, and some guys, when high on meth, are quite capable of unbelievable feats in the face of something like a taser. Now, one would think that after the first 2-3, maybe 4 times, the cop would get the idea it wasn't working and would move on to some other tactic (a 30 man tackle or something). The point being, there are situations where a taser will not drop a guy.

Gabriel
    Living Car Free since 05/25/2007

Hoffman Guitars

My Guitars

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit!!
    Richard Pryor