Large dairy air enthusiast Portable toilet attendant
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location the music room
    Posts 1,174
    Rep Power 536871049

Default Re: BIG NEWS!! Ethan Winer gets facepalmed on GS. Shunned by bottom feeders everywhere. Read here!

I guess my Ethanasia comment was the straw the broke the camel's back

wtf do I know...I hit mixes with sticks
    SoundBlaster™ Expert Regular person but for the extra nipple
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location On the bright side of life!
    Posts 4,160
    Rep Power 536871148

Default Re: BIG NEWS!! Ethan Winer gets facepalmed on GS. Shunned by bottom feeders everywhere. Read here!

Man, they removed that thread. That's like book burning from the Nazis

At the end of the thread everyone but Ethan and Daniel agreed that this actually was a GOOD (albeit a bit lengthy) thread with lots of useful information on how to do things not.

I wonder who's requested the book burning.

Thanks God that I've made screenshots of Ethan's best statements

Mac
    Mac

Don't be worried about your anosognosia.

Being a professional is not about how good you are at your best,
    but how good you are at your worst.

Creating complex solutions is easy.

Join Date Feb 2010
    Posts 13
    Rep Power 0

And that makes you proud?

Man, they removed that thread. That's like book burning from the Nazis
    You lose.

At the end of the thread everyone but Ethan and Daniel agreed that this actually was a GOOD (albeit a bit lengthy) thread with lots of useful information on how to do things not.
    Not sure why you think you can speak for me. I found the thread perfectly useful in principle, at least when one would dig through the collective Ethan-hunt that some thought funny. Reminds me of things groups of (often educationally challenged) people sometimes do under the influence of certain... substances...

I wonder who's requested the book burning.
    Jules decides, obviously. It is quite remarkable and rare that he actually removed it, rather than just close it or remove a few insulting postings from Malice and others.

Did anybody care to notice his comment, BTW?
    "Thread deleted by Jules
    Reason: Too many insults being traded. May possibly reopen, pending moderation..."

Daniel
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 1,889
    Rep Power 536871073

You lose.

Not sure why you think you can speak for me. I found the thread perfectly useful in principle, at least when one would dig through the collective Ethan-hunt that some thought funny. Reminds me of things groups of (often educationally challenged) people sometimes do under the influence of certain... substances...

Jules decides, obviously. It is quite remarkable and rare that he actually removed it, rather than just close it or remove a few insulting postings from Malice and others.

Did anybody care to notice his comment, BTW?
    "Thread deleted by Jules
    Reason: Too many insults being traded. May possibly reopen, pending moderation..."

Daniel
    For your info, Ethan was the first to insult us, and me in particular. I don't even want to respond to his numerous provocations.

I know for a fact that you whined to Jules personally Daniel, so don't fuck with me.

And you're banned, because I don't wanna deal with you, I don't have time. I'd appreciate you stop PMing like a whiney little cunt (thanx again Fletcher, I can't get enough of this one)

malice
    "If the party's good enough, you can actually suck to a remarkable degree."

B.Ohlson, oct 2012
    Scrabble Tile Arranger Theo's brother the Painter
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Pretentious City, Straya
    Posts 1,844
    Rep Power 536871071

Jesus... Daniel, do you have an Ethan shaped dildo perchance?

I understand defending someone who's been wronged or the whole internet underdog syndrome, but you're basically flat out, chest thumping, declaring your undying love and support for someone who's blatantly lied to us repeatedly.

I don't get it really...

Coded messages in plain text...

Originally Posted by Dwoz
    Most audiophiles could listen to PERFECT pink noise and get just as much enjoyment out of it.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 4,160
    Rep Power 536871148

Nope. I was born there, so I'm officially allowed use those words.

Not sure why you think you can speak for me. I found the thread perfectly useful in principle, at least when one would dig through the collective Ethan-hunt that some thought funny.
    Okay, so we're on the same side here I somehow missed this in your little conversation with Eppstein (not your fault).

Reminds me of things groups of (often educationally challenged) people sometimes do under the influence of certain... substances...
    I wouldn't call people like me, Mixerman, malice or dwoz 'educationally challenged'. Maybe we all have our own closet of problems, but none of them is related to education or the lack of it. Even Slipperman can, according to some undisclosed sources, read and write pretty well sometimes.

Mac
    Mac

Join Date Nov 2006
    Location the music room
    Posts 1,174
    Rep Power 536871049

d_fu wrote
    Originally Posted by dnafe
    No I just thought it was an interesting play on words...my apologies if I hurt your sensibilities.

Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 10,465
    Rep Power 513229988

Okay, so we're on the same side here I somehow missed this in your little conversation with Eppstein (not your fault).

I sometimes don't respond well to someone deliberately and mercilessly baiting me across multiple threads and fora.

Sorry.

It's a personal failing, I guess.......

And the little s.o.b. was spamming my inbox here, continuing to demand an "apology".
    http://www.johnnyoklahoma.com/

Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White????
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location the music room
    Posts 1,174
    Rep Power 536871049

I'm sure d_fu will get his apology right about the same time I give Ethan mine
    Large dairy air enthusiast Runs a 4.35 forty...yeah right!
    Join Date Apr 2010
    Location Second largest French City
    Posts 1,197
    Rep Power 536871008

Toronto Maple Leafs Re: BIG NEWS!! Ethan Winer gets facepalmed on GS. Shunned by bottom feeders everywhere. Read here!

I won't miss d_fu (aka Daniel) here at all.

He strikes me as the kind of guy that goes around, hitting hornet nests with a stick and wondering why he got stung.

I never understood his unwavering support of Ethan in this Soundblaster debate. His defense seemed solely designed to inflame and not inform.

Merci pour l'enlever, Malice.
    goes looking for thin ice to walk on Sentimental Hygenist
    Join Date Apr 2010
    Posts 88
    Rep Power 536870970

call me a hopeless romantic...
    and maybe i am,
    but i just dont understand why so many discussions on the net
    turn so visceral.
    not just audio..but oodles of topic areas.
    even home cooking recipes probably..lol.

music is supposed to be fun isnt it ??
    the net has so many good things going for it.
    song collaborations being just one.
    ive collabed with some very nice people on the net for example.
    doing one right now with some folks.
    so i guess i dont understand this visceral aspect.

why to goodness cant people just hug each other,
    and love one another ??
    all these wonderfull inexpensive tools today
    compared to when i was a kidlet in the 50's when i had nothing
    n i was trying to do music... tho i had great parents.
    we are so lucky today by comparison.

please love one another , cos thats what life is about
    and the world will be a better place for it. imho.
    Quantum Psychic Turkey vulture soup slurper
    Join Date Apr 2010
    Location South Bay LA
    Posts 233
    Rep Power 134217821

And the little s.o.b. was spamming my inbox here, continuing to demand an "apology".
    And here I was thinking I was alone in the PM onslaught from d_fu.
    "One should not pursue goals that are easily achieved. One must develop an instinct for what one can just barely achieve through one's greatest efforts."
    -Albert Einstein
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Songwriter Gulch
    Posts 9,783
    Rep Power 536871336

...i just dont understand why so many discussions on the net
    turn so visceral...
    It's a place where folks who want to be bullies can insult others with few real world repercussions.
    Bob's room 615 562-4346
    Georgetown Masters 615 254-3233
    Interview
    Artists are the gatekeepers of truth!- Paul Robeson
    Voice like Marcel Marceau Waiting for his millions from Nigeria
    Join Date Jul 2007
    Location Midland Texas
    Posts 256
    Rep Power 536871010

It's a place where folks who want to be bullies can insult others with few real world repercussions.
    But there was that one time that Bob beat the living fire out of me when we met for what I thought was supposed to be a romantic getaway in Kokomo. Man, was a whipping that was.

Wait - scratch that. Wrong thread. Right Bob, just the wrong thread.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,550
    Rep Power 2500000000

I won't miss d_fu (aka Daniel) here at all.

He strikes me as the kind of guy that goes around, hitting hornet nests with a stick and wondering why he got stung.
    He strikes me as the kind of guy that allows Ethan to use his account on GS to defend Ethan. From my vantage, it's pretty easy to tell the writing styles of the two, and there have been times in the last week or two that I've smelt a rat.

Enjoy,

Mixerman
    Zen and the Art of Recording - NOW AVAILABLE!

Join Date Mar 2010
    Location Sunny Seattle
    Posts 836
    Rep Power 536870997

It's one of the reasons that despite all of the "oh never let anyone know your real name" BS, I think everyone should be directly identifiable, at least as to real identity. Obviously not "full information", d'oh.

Then we have "Michigan J. Frog" and "Jan Vigne" and ... You know, all the cowards who hide behind nom-du-merdes.
    Grumpily,
    jj,
    Stalwart defender of Fourier, Fletcher, and Shannon, and who speaks, at most, for himself.
    Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 10,465
    Rep Power 513229988

If anybody here knows how to access the Google archive I'd suggest that we copy off the thread before Jules or Ethan get it expunged.......

Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 10,465
    Rep Power 513229988

And here I was thinking I was alone in the PM onslaught from d_fu.
    Oddly enough, over the last 2 days I've also been getting an onslaught of insulting spam from Arnold Kruger at Hydrogen Audio, abusing his position as an admin or mod there to send PM notifications to my email account (as I normally would only check meassages there once in a blue moon, if that.......

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 4,160
    Rep Power 536871148

If anybody here knows how to access the Google archive I'd suggest that we copy off the thread before Jules or Ethan get it expunged.......
    Of course Google allowed me to easily save some 60 pages of the thread.
    Maybe I should put them on ebay

Mac
    Mac

Martini Drinker Beloved record company executive
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,238
    Rep Power 2500000000

Maybe I should put them on ebay.
    What title would you give the auction ?