Thread: 15 Minutes of Fame

goes looking for thin ice to walk on Thinks 'Catcher in the Rye' refers to a book
    Join Date Nov 2009
    Posts 94
    Rep Power 536870974

Default 15 Minutes of Fame

This is kind of an organic song I wrote awhile ago. It didn't really fit into my bands' portfolio (yeah - like we have a portfolio!) but I wanted to finish it anyways. I sang it, and unfortunately (especially for you), I'm not a singer so it is what it is with as much tuning as I can tolerate. The instruments were (and this is from memory):
    piano (if you call it that) - some crappy VST instrument which at least played the melody.
    v-drums - added reverb for ambiance - the song needs a good drum ambiance sound which I tried to reproduce with reverb to no avail.
    guitar - PRS copy (from agile)
    fender twin - greasy ending solo tone
    Line 6 AX2 - most of the other tones
    bass - aren't they all the same? some headless bass I think
    cowbell - none... maybe there should be a cowbell?

Anyhow, if there's anything offensive in this mix, please let me know.

Cheers!
    Attached Files
    Blonde on Blonde is a record? Calls Football Soccer
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location North of Seattle
    Posts 2,317
    Rep Power 536871085

Default Re: 15 Minutes of Fame

bass - aren't they all the same? some headless bass I think

Cheers!
    Unless it's a '67 Golden Tobacco P-Bass...but I digress!

I like these...slowly but surely, keep cranking the form, and put real instruments into the mix...this is a great place for that type thing...

You tell a story, and that's half the battle right there!

"You don't make music for immortality, you make music for the moment, capturing the sheer joy of being alive on planet Earth... Everybody should live it that way." Ray Manzarek

Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 10,272
    Rep Power 379012223

Unless it's a '67 Golden Tobacco P-Bass...but I digress!

I like these...slowly but surely, keep cranking the form, and put real instruments into the mix...this is a great place for that type thing...

You tell a story, and that's half the battle right there!
    I used to have a lovely P-Bass - '59 2 color sunburst body with a '60 neck that was sold as a '61. It got stolen by a "friend" of mine when I was out on tour in the early '80s. I miss that bass.......
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White????
    goes looking for thin ice to walk on Thinks 'Catcher in the Rye' refers to a book
    Join Date Nov 2009
    Posts 94
    Rep Power 536870974

I guess headless basses are a hot item. Our bass player had his steinie stolen many times! But he lives in Philly - that'll happen.