Default Re: Cape 9 reveal - TEAM REHAB

FINALLY!!!

Thanks Goes211!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location In the best swing state in the US
    Posts 5,172
    Rep Power 536871210

What a great team.....hard work by all.....here's the updated credits....

TEAM REHAB
    producer : Qharley and Sketchy McNads
    songwriter : Jerryskid
    mixer : Qharley
    vocals : lrmangels, Sketchy McNads
    drums : Eurowaii
    guitars : Calvin, omikl
    bass : Sketchy McNads
    keys : Tonewheels

Arrangement by Sketchy McNads.......
    Peace,

Jerryskid

"...An entire genre of music based around the Hail Mary rescue attempt of an un-compable Cher vocal performance. Who knew? ..."-Dwoz

" Where'd I put my damn Metamucil? When's Paul Harvey coming on? Why are my pants pulled up around my chest?
    " ..Droolbucket

"A blandly designed masterwork that could inspire any reasonable citizen of California to launch a race war."-Chuck Klosterman on the Beatle's White Album

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 137
    Rep Power 313551545

producer : Qharley and Sketchy McNads
    producer? nah...

truant officer: maybe...
    backseat driver: definitely!

Thanks to everyone on the team who contributed - it's a pity we rushed for the original deadline...but we did get it done.

I'd like to give some public props to:

• Eurowaii - an excellent drummer who I'd be happy to have on any of my tracks.
    • omikl - who provided guitar tracks for all my whims...again this time more 'wind cries mary', more Cropper, ok...less guitar! Great playing omikl!
    Owns and wears an Elvis jumpsuit Owns a kick-start dildo
    Join Date Jun 2008
    Location In a little African country do
    Posts 2,358
    Rep Power 536871097

Sketchy McNads' great effort made this tune come to life, from concept to fruition.

Thanks to all my fellow rehabs for the ride!

Also nice is that our (anti) love duet made it in time for Valentines Day!
    knows every handout in every town Remote recordist...never gets chicks
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
    Posts 635
    Rep Power 536871059

Yup. I'm still amazed that we dragged that one bleeding & twitching over the line

Now, can I re-do my guitar part?

Guitar hack with previous. Stand well back. May sing...
    Blonde on Blonde is a record? Calls Soccer Football
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location North of Seattle
    Posts 2,312
    Rep Power 536871115

Yes, for Valentine's day, this one is the winner...

I can almost see the haze over the heads of the front tables...this encore, at the end one hell of party, is just perfect to settle us all down...

The beauty is the simple, sweet, unencumbered honesty...we'd be lucky to have lost such a love, as to have what gets by these days.

Thanks for pointing that out with a song.

Great job all around.

"You don't make music for immortality, you make music for the moment, capturing the sheer joy of being alive on planet Earth... Everybody should live it that way." Ray Manzarek

Surfing the net at work every day! Drives a Zamboni to work
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 349
    Rep Power 536871049

'Skid, You Slut!!!!

Nice job all 'round! Kinda movie-esque....Really captured a sad moment....

kudos,
    j
    Join Date Nov 2007
    Location Tornado Alley
    Posts 254
    Rep Power 536871034

Give me a beer and a cigarette. This team delivered the goods.

However, this song sounds a lot like one written in 1973 for the Up With People show. The song was "Can't Stop Lovin' You".

Trumpetboy
    We were so poor, if I hadn't been born a boy, I wouldn't have had anything to play with.
    Owns and wears an Elvis jumpsuit Owns a kick-start dildo
    Join Date Jun 2008
    Location In a little African country do
    Posts 2,358
    Rep Power 536871097

However, this song sounds a lot like one written in 1973 for the Up With People show. The song was "Can't Stop Lovin' You".
    In 1973 we (South Africa) did not even have tv, being the spawn of the devil and all Come to think of it, I would not have been able to watch it on account of not being BORN yet.

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 5,172
    Rep Power 536871210

Up with People????.....Number one, I would never steal a song....but from something as lame as Up With People???

Peace,

Jerryskid

"...An entire genre of music based around the Hail Mary rescue attempt of an un-compable Cher vocal performance. Who knew? ..."-Dwoz

" Where'd I put my damn Metamucil? When's Paul Harvey coming on? Why are my pants pulled up around my chest?
    " ..Droolbucket

"A blandly designed masterwork that could inspire any reasonable citizen of California to launch a race war."-Chuck Klosterman on the Beatle's White Album

Middle Handicapper...short game needs work Real purdy mouth
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location At the console, or cleaning the toilet
    Posts 1,210
    Rep Power 536871076

Up with People????.....Number one, I would never steal a song....but from something as lame as Up With People???

OK... How about "Up Yours"??? That more to your liking there sonny?

...and to the rest of the truants...

Good job guys!!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 137
    Rep Power 313551545

Ooooo Scandal!

I searched iTunes for that track with no luck. Damn. Link anyone?

Though I did check out some 'Up with People' on YouTube...I feel bad that you remember any of their tracks
    Being Over There Now Retired phone sex worker... no more hang-ups!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location here I am, you're looking at m
    Posts 3,622
    Rep Power 536871158

See if you can find the South Park episode where the boys join the all-kids revue Getting Gay With Kids. It's kind of like that.

Not to say this song is anything like that.. now, maybe Guy and Ralna from the old Lawrence Welk show, maybe...

I kid, I kid (only 'cause I know Jer wrote it). This had a really, really nice feel to it, kind of like how country used to sound before they discovered how to abuse electricity in the 80s. Very, very tasty work by everybody involved—and all kidding aside, Jer is a monster songwriter in the purest sense of the word. I been there too, man.

Excellent work, y'all.
    Join Date Nov 2007
    Location Tornado Alley
    Posts 254
    Rep Power 536871034

Up With People is still around. It began in 1965. The You Tube posts are not typical of our music, some of which I helped write or arrange from 1972 to 1976.

I will find a way to post the song or a link to the song that I thought sounded similar to Team Rehab's.

The UWP music library is quite large after over 45 years of building it.

And be afraid, be very afraid. There are other Uppies lurking here on The Womb.

Trumpetboy
    We were so poor, if I hadn't been born a boy, I wouldn't have had anything to play with.
    Join Date Jul 2010
    Posts 104
    Rep Power 502988266

Enjoyed how you went about presenting this song.

The characters really had a voice and were very solid.

Well done.

Cheers

Curly
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 5,172
    Rep Power 536871210

This was a throwaway tune....when I get in a CAPE I like to post 4 or 5 of my songs, because it's fun to watch the team argue about which one to do..........

The style I wrote this tune in was almost punk.....upbeat and choppy.....Sketchy sent me a PM and asked if he could muddle around with it....the only thing I asked was for the chance to reject what he did......he sent me the demo and it was GREAT.....not great....GENIUS...his demo was so good that Quarley took his scratch vocal and made it a duet......()......lots of great work by everyone. We should have taken the next two months, learned to play strings and a made it a monster......
    Peace,

Jerryskid

" ..Droolbucket

once played a seventh chord in a folk song Suspiciously good at decorating
    Join Date May 2007
    Location Aloha, Oregon
    Posts 169
    Rep Power 536871037

And be afraid, be very afraid. There are other Uppies lurking here on The Womb.

Trumpetboy

For what it's worth, I'm with ya!

I played in TWO local Sing-Out groups (local versions of Up With People seeded by the touring casts). I started with Sing-Out Portland (Oregon) starting in 1967 (when I was 12 years old) and continued for 6 years, ending up in San Bernardino, California in Sing-Out Inland Empire.

In 1973 I drove to Sacramento, CA and tried out for (and was accepted) by one of the two National UWP touring casts but I made the decision to go to college rather than go on tour with the group.

Up With People was a very large part of my early musical development and I will always be grateful for all the wonderful musicians and others that shepherded and supported me through it all. It was a great learning experience!

But back to song...

Very Nice! I don't find the comparison to an UWP song to be a slam or back-handed compliment. I think it fits right into the best of that genre!

Steve
    Surfing the net at work every day! Drives a Zamboni to work
    Join Date May 2007
    Posts 345
    Rep Power 536871042

Not an UWP myself but we did house a few UWP back when I lived with my parents. Was great fun I must say! I think we house about 5-6 all together over the years. lots of good laughes

Yer gonna feel pretty wrong when I come sailing into your breakfast nook behind the wheel of a cement mixer, and start twiddling around on yer skull with a fucking tire iron. I'll be humming "Watcher of the Skies" the whole while.

SM.
    https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-mixroom
    Join Date Nov 2007
    Location Tornado Alley
    Posts 254
    Rep Power 536871034

For what it's worth, I'm with ya!

I played in TWO local Sing-Out groups (local versions of Up With People seeded by the touring casts). I started with Sing-Out Portland (Oregon) starting in 1967 (when I was 12 years old) and continued for 6 years, ending up in San Bernardino, California in Sing-Out Inland Empire.

In 1973 I drove to Sacramento, CA and tried out for (and was accepted) by one of the two National UWP touring casts but I made the decision to go to college rather than go on tour with the group.

Up With People was a very large part of my early musical development and I will always be grateful for all the wonderful musicians and others that shepherded and supported me through it all. It was a great learning experience!

But back to song...

Very Nice! I don't find the comparison to an UWP song to be a slam or back-handed compliment. I think it fits right into the best of that genre!

Steve
    Wow. Small world. If you saw the show after July in '73 then it was probably my cast. I was lead trumpet and musical director. If it was before July, then it was another cast. I too joined a local Sing Out in St. Louis then in June of 1972, started touring with the international, casts for four years.