Thread: Don't download Pod Farm 2.5

wardrobe malfunction investigator Can't buy me love...considering rental options.
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Posts 34
    Rep Power 130245929

Default Don't download Pod Farm 2.5

Line 6 seriously screwed up 2.5 update, don't download it, wait for the next version.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location ██████████
    Posts 6,404
    Rep Power 402653928

Default Re: Don't download Pod Farm 2.5

pod farm has been buggy and shithouse since version 1.
    Gearwire.com Drum Mixing Tutorial: The best way of course is an oscilloscope... but, we don't have that, we don't have that here, so we have to use our ears...
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 6,795
    Rep Power 2500000000

specifics or I delete the thread.
    "...but ma, audio engineering IS gainful employment!..."

"...If I wuz at that club where Miles played one note I would have bounced ONE BOTTLE off his shiny fucking coconut. What? He's Phil Glass now?..." -Slipperman

"...never attribute to magic, that which can be explained by conspiracy."
    Garden variety weasel...has ripped flesh. Prom Queen
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location Good ol' Germany
    Posts 511
    Rep Power 536871009

specifics or I delete the thread.
    Wort!
    “Do you know what I hate about computers? The problem with computers is that there is not enough Africa in them.”

Brian Eno, May 1995
    wardrobe malfunction investigator Can't buy me love...considering rental options.
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Posts 34
    Rep Power 130245929

Specifically, after the 2.5 update, everything stops working...Both the Pod Farm plugin and Gear Box.

Line 6 admits that there is a problem with the update, but haven't yet came with a solution.

I thought that it would be nice to warn other Line 6 users before doing the update, since it renders the whole platform unusable, which in my case happened in a middle of a mix for a whole 10 songs. And now I (and all other Line 6 users who did the update) have to wait for the new driver.

If this harms the forum in any possible way, please delete the thread.

Thanks
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 6,795
    Rep Power 2500000000

If this harms the forum in any possible way, please delete the thread.

Thanks
    So you're saying that the entire install is completely borked? Is there a particular software version or hardware situation that it's specific to?

Can you back the install out and re-install the previous version?

No worries on the thread, we just don't like to bash people we work with unless we have a really good hammer to do it with.
    "...but ma, audio engineering IS gainful employment!..."

"...If I wuz at that club where Miles played one note I would have bounced ONE BOTTLE off his shiny fucking coconut. What? He's Phil Glass now?..." -Slipperman

"...never attribute to magic, that which can be explained by conspiracy."
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Posts 34
    Rep Power 130245929

The only way to go completely to the old version is to have a Time Machine backup, but that fixes it only partially, since the new driver also included a firmware update...which makes it virtually impossible to authorize the bundle. My guess is that they're not releasing the new software because they messed up with the firmware update, and are now looking for a safe way to update without screwing up the hardware.

There are people complaining about the deterioration in the sound quality as well, so my advice is again for all users not to update, and wait for the new driver.

I'm not using this to bash Line 6 (I already sent them enough e-mails ), just to warn everybody.
    Has Many Personal Intergritys Expensive Boat Anchor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location New York
    Posts 10,038
    Rep Power 536871342

There are people complaining about the deterioration in the sound quality as well...
    wow that would be difficult.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts 1,270
    Rep Power 536871051

There are people complaining about the deterioration in the sound quality as well
    wow that would be difficult.
    Nah, it's easy. You complain about things all the time.

Oh wait...