Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Getting smaller every day
    Posts 3,149
    Rep Power 489494585

Default Re: Baseball 2012! or, laughing at the Valentine's Massacre

It does feel good for the Twins to beat the Fucking Yankees! Mauer and Morneau both looked like themselves (even better, Joe Mauer got a stolen base!), Pavano pitched 7 strong innings (though he did have a rough 1st inning), and I'm liking most of the new guys. Jammie Carrol is fielding 1.000, Josh Willingham is hitting .424, and Clete Thomas has 3 RBI's in 2 games!

Gabriel
    Living Car Free since 05/25/2007

Hoffman Guitars

My Guitars

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit!!
    Richard Pryor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location In the best swing state in the US
    Posts 5,150
    Rep Power 536871180

REDS need to get the bats going....this is the series to do it, with 3 games against the Cardinals......GO REDS!!!
    Peace,

Jerryskid

"...An entire genre of music based around the Hail Mary rescue attempt of an un-compable Cher vocal performance. Who knew? ..."-Dwoz

" Where'd I put my damn Metamucil? When's Paul Harvey coming on? Why are my pants pulled up around my chest?
    " ..Droolbucket

"A blandly designed masterwork that could inspire any reasonable citizen of California to launch a race war."-Chuck Klosterman on the Beatle's White Album

Has Many Personal Intergritys Expensive Boat Anchor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location New York
    Posts 10,040
    Rep Power 536871342

It does feel good for the Twins to beat the Fucking Yankees!

no report on tonight's game?
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 5,150
    Rep Power 536871180

Seems like every night the REDS are in extra innings...it's been a tough road trip and the REDS' bats have been silent...things need to heat up soon....
    Peace,

Jerryskid

"...An entire genre of music based around the Hail Mary rescue attempt of an un-compable Cher vocal performance. Who knew? ..."-Dwoz

" Where'd I put my damn Metamucil? When's Paul Harvey coming on? Why are my pants pulled up around my chest?
    " ..Droolbucket

"A blandly designed masterwork that could inspire any reasonable citizen of California to launch a race war."-Chuck Klosterman on the Beatle's White Album

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,149
    Rep Power 489494585

no report on tonight's game?
    Liriano didn't have any confidence, and as a result he sucked. No need to report THAT - it's typical these days. CC wasn't looking that much better.

I suppose Span getting tossed out for arguing balls and strikes might be worth mentioning....

Gabriel

Hoffman Guitars

My Guitars

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit!!
    Richard Pryor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,149
    Rep Power 489494585

Yup, that's fun. Twins beat the Fucking Yankees again! Morneau went 3-4, with 3 RBI, 2 HR, and an intentional walk, 8 of the starting hitters got hits, and Alexi Casilla of all people went 3-4!!!!

And Matt Capps only gave up one run, which is a shocker in and of itself.

Gabriel

Hoffman Guitars

My Guitars

Richard Pryor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location New York
    Posts 10,040
    Rep Power 536871342

very close in the bottom of the 9th ( that last out barely missed being the tying home run) but the Twins played a good one.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,149
    Rep Power 489494585

very close in the bottom of the 9th ( that last out barely missed being the tying home run) but the Twins played a good one.
    Yeah, well, there are many good reasons Twins fans don't like Matt Capps. Personally, I wish they'd held on the Jon Rauch. Now HE was a closer.

The only thing I'm predicting about tomorrows game, though, is that it WON'T be a pitchers duel. Swarzak is performing above himself this year with his 3.75 ERA, but he is still a replacement starter, and Phil Huges doesn't look like he's doing very well this year himself. Both pitchers out of the game by the fourth, you think?

I'll tell you where I wish I'd been today, though. San Fransisco. 1-0 Giants over the Phils, in 11! Cliff Lee pitched 10 scoreless innings with 102 pitches. DAMN! And it wasn't enough for a win! I want to see Lee and Verlander in the World Series. Watch them both pitch perfect through at LEAST 9.

Gabriel

Hoffman Guitars

My Guitars

Richard Pryor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 5,150
    Rep Power 536871180

I need to get some air freshener because the REDS have been stinking up the place....I hope they turn it around soon.....
    Peace,

Jerryskid

" ..Droolbucket

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 5,150
    Rep Power 536871180

REDS' bats are waking up...they took two in a row for the first time this year......hopefully the ship has righted......
    Peace,

Jerryskid

" ..Droolbucket

Large dairy air enthusiast Portable toilet attendant
    Join Date Apr 2010
    Location Second largest French City
    Posts 1,163
    Rep Power 536871005

REDS' bats are waking up...they took two in a row for the first time this year......hopefully the ship has righted......
    While my Blue Jays had a rare triple play tonight.... along with another victory...
    The emotionally and tonally deaf cannot hear the important things and never will. They will scream to the heavens the rest of us are wrong and produce useless papers to prove their point.
    Anybody claiming to be the first probably wasn't!
    www.timvandeven.com
    Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 10,289
    Rep Power 379012224

While my Blue Jays had a rare triple play tonight.... along with another victory...
    Giants starting to get their legs under themselves finally. Getting their extra innings thing back together and creeping up in the standings.
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White????
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,149
    Rep Power 489494585

Josh Willingham has a 14 game hitting streak going on right now, and both he and Denard Span are hitting .333. And he's on pace to hit almost 60 homers. If he gets a hit tomorrow, he'll tie the Twins record, currently held by Kirby Puckett. I'm a little iffy if I want him to get it, though. Kirby is such a Twins icon, after all. But I also want to win the game, you know? Such a dilemma... Well, maybe not.

Gabriel

Hoffman Guitars

My Guitars

Richard Pryor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location In a Mobile...backstage...all by myself...
    Posts 1,866
    Rep Power 536871071

Loving it.

Every time people mention how long its been since the Jays turned a triple play, I warn them not to forget the world series triple play...the one where Kelly Gruber tagged the runner out, but the ump missed the call. It may not officially count in the record books, but it still counts.

Just sayin.
    Follow Click Track Audio on Twitter

Check out Click Track Audio on Facebook
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,149
    Rep Power 489494585

Phil Humber of the White Sox just pitched a Perfect Game against Seatle. Congrats, for sure!!!

Gabriel

Hoffman Guitars

My Guitars

Richard Pryor
    Hot Rats Greatest Hits Loves Jules and The Polar Bears
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 4,416
    Rep Power 536871156

Bizarre Mets Giants game today. 8 innings of a tight 1-1 pitcher's duel followed by an inning of Little League caliber slop.
    Kirk Nieuwenhuis, the Met center fielder, failed to catch the easy pop up in the top of the 9th that should have ended the game but didn't, then hit the weak grounder in the bottom of the 9th that shouldn't have ended the game but did.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    -Henri Poincare
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,149
    Rep Power 489494585

All the Valentine haters will certainly love todays 15-9 loss to the Fucking Yankees, but really I think you would have to blame the bullpen for blowing a 9-0 lead.

Gabriel

Hoffman Guitars

My Guitars

Richard Pryor
    Hot Rats Greatest Hits Loves Jules and The Polar Bears
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 4,416
    Rep Power 536871156

What's the over/under on Valentine getting fired?
    I'm gonna say July 4.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    -Henri Poincare
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location New York
    Posts 10,040
    Rep Power 536871342

What's the over/under on Valentine getting fired?
    I'm gonna say July 4.
    that's about right.

what about walking Canoe to get to A-Rod who then got walked to load the bases?
    typical Valentine idiocy

he managed his way out of a 9-0 lead to a loss.

I love it
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,149
    Rep Power 489494585

that's about right.

what about walking Canoe to get to A-Rod who then got walked to load the bases?
    typical Valentine idiocy

he managed his way out of a 9-0 lead to a loss.

I love it

I'm not sure anyone could have held that lead with that bullpen. They are really bad, right now.

But honestly, no one else has anything to say about the FAR more interesting perfect game?

Gabriel

Hoffman Guitars

My Guitars

Richard Pryor