Join Date Sep 2008
    Location Turin, Italy
    Posts 1,107
    Rep Power 536871022

Default Re: The Art OF Performace micing - Arrange the song via the console

Perhaps the man has a future in documentaries about Uganda!
    - I fear anybody worried about not sounding like themselves is somebody who really doesn't want to sound like themselves. - Bob Olhsson

Cape 7 Team Mindbenders - Lead Vox

Bassist/struggling pizza boy! Thinks Ringo's wife is a famous Classical Composer
    Join Date Jan 2012
    Posts 63
    Rep Power 0

Aah. I see. Wild stabs in the dark or a Freudian theory?

You silly nincompoop.
    Well what am mi supposed to think. You don't exist on the web under that name. Mybe your a super golden mixer producer but right now I don't know
    Bassist/struggling pizza boy! Thinks Ringo's wife is a famous Classical Composer
    Join Date Jan 2012
    Posts 63
    Rep Power 0

Perhaps the man has a future in documentaries about Uganda!
    I just can't get off the floor laughing. you should be writing funny books
    Join Date Jan 2012
    Posts 63
    Rep Power 0

When I saw you fly across those faders with excitement, touching the mutes, the aux sends, and truly arranging the song it touched me in a place I havent touched myself in at least those same 10 years or longer or not as long. It moved me in a way I don't fully understand to see man, woman and machine come together in such an arranged, autistic and .......blah blah blah

Thank you, Spaceacademy, thank you. Thank you very much, thank you.

With loving affection,
    Shotgun
    As I said, and for the umpteenth time it was a first attempt in ten years. But I will get better at it, you can bet on that.
    Join Date Sep 2008
    Location Turin, Italy
    Posts 1,107
    Rep Power 536871022

I'm not a super anything. That's why I don't come here and brag. And even if I was, I still wouldn't brag.

There's a difference between hiding stuff and choosing not to put it on display because you don't think anyone would be interested.

So you see, if you wanted a match of who's got a bigger willie, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't care, I'm just calling your BS because you're saying stuff that I know doesn't make sense. See shotgun's last quote of yours.

Now if it's so obvious to me, imagine what a fool you're making of yourself in front of people who have been doing this for ages as a job.
    - I fear anybody worried about not sounding like themselves is somebody who really doesn't want to sound like themselves. - Bob Olhsson

Join Date Jan 2012
    Posts 63
    Rep Power 0

W
    What I said

People around here do not often suffer fools gladly.

My mistake - when somebody says "200 records" I automatically assume albums. But I guess saying "over 200 dance tracks" doesn't sound nearly as. Impressive..
    Jesus, you really are a nasty piece of work and I have no doubt you have some serious issues. You make it sound like 200 vinyl releases , mostly three or four track eps is worthy of nothing and no respect whatsoever. That actually takes a lot of dedication and time. Your problem chum is you got left behind. When this dance , eletronic thing happened twenty years ago so you ran away from it and now you spend you time spouting hate on forums.

I don't think I have ever come across anyone on any forum as despicable as you. Everything about you is a veiled hatred for the genre I'm involved in. Nothing else I say matters. I don't believe you even work in this industry now, not with an attitude like that. Who could honestly stand working with you in a studio if that's how you speak to people .

I genuinely feel sorry for you. Deep down I'm sure there's a decent guy but you have been dealt the wrong cards or as I suspect decided to lash out against anything. New or exciting.

Good luck to you anyway,, you really do need it.
    Join Date Jan 2012
    Posts 63
    Rep Power 0

Well that's it for me. You can bet I will never set foot in this place again

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,008
    Rep Power 2500000000

...You can bet I will never set foot in this place again

You can bet I won't remove post #65 as per your request via the "report" feature.

Seriously.

You come crying to admin about a post asking it be removed (we are not big on removing posts as a rule) and then tell everyone you are taking your sample accurate sequences and going home?

Cheers,
    Don'tletthedoor...VArk

P.S. Shotgun will be deducted 26.749 rep points for coffee spitting screen cleaning costs. Nothing personal, just business.

I actually almost arranged a successful tree incident that should have killed Slipperman. I can do it again.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts 9,897
    Rep Power 536871337

I've heard that before.
    Man! You have GOT to try a hit of this RANGE SUNSHINE!

IMTBO = In My Thoroughly Biased Opinion
    CMIIW = Correct Me If I'm Wrong
    Never underestimate the amount of contempt a failed musician has for those of us who are still trying.
    If the party's good enough, you can actually suck to a remarkable degree.

Greedle
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,271
    Rep Power 2500000000

If this weren't so snarky it would be funny in its pure idiocy.
    Dude. This is Slippermensch pulling our collective leg.
    Or Donald Fagen in a bad mood.
    Or Weedy. With Donald Fagen. Together. In a very bad mood.
    No other way around it.
    Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 10,257
    Rep Power 244794467

Clown Re: The Art OF Performace micing - Arrange the song via the console

Jesus, you really are a nasty piece of work and I have no doubt you have some serious issues. You make it sound like 200 vinyl releases , mostly three or four track eps is worthy of nothing and no respect whatsoever.
    No, not at all.

On your website you make it sound like you have some prodigious output of 200 records - most people reading it the way it's written would assume albums. Then here you tell us it's actually 200 tracks. Now you're telling us it's 200 "vinyl releases, mostly 3 or 4 track EPs". The inconsistency is YOURS, which isn't too surprising given the generally high level of incoherence in your posting.

Vinyl releases? Well, you do dance music. MOST dance music comes out on vinyl and sells limited numbers of copies to a small market consisting primarily of DJs. No surprises there. In fact, I'd be very surprised if many people bought your releases who were NOT DJs.

So which is it? Not that it really matters a hell of a lot. Over a period of 10 years, even if it's 600 tracks it ain't all that much output for the kind of stuff you're doing, which is nothing special. You should be able to knock out at least one of those rather generic little opera per DAY. After all, the only thing you're really doing is combining loops in a real-time mix. Most serious composers of electronica would regard it as wanking.

You wanna impress me, hit me with something like this:

or this, if you want something more danceable:

that's an actual SONG, not somebody wanking loops.

You wanna impress me with your mastery of hardware, master THIS, sucker!

You want to make synth instruction videos, try this on for size:

FYI, I was fooling around with big modular synths when you were still in short pants.

That actually takes a lot of dedication and time.
    What you're doing takes little dedication and no real talent whatsoever.

Your problem chum is you got left behind. When this dance , eletronic thing happened twenty years ago so you ran away from it and now you spend you time spouting hate on forums.
    No. YOUR problem is that you can't take the heat when you encounter somebody who has actual taste, not to mention experience.

Listen up, sonny - I live in the SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, which, in case you don't know, was one of the locations where the entire electronica thing started. I was involved when the kind of thing you do was actually fresh and revolutionary, not boring, derivative, and endlessly repetitive and generic. And when it became those things I got bored with it and moved on.

Which is NOT to say that all current electronica is that - there are still some talented people.

You ain't one of them.

You're an embarrassment.

You're not even competent to use a spell checker, let alone create anything interesting.

I don't think I have ever come across anyone on any forum as despicable as you. Everything about you is a veiled hatred for the genre I'm involved in.
    Not at all true. While I'm not currently involved in electronica and find the current dance music scene artistically decadent and boring, that's only because it's presently flooded with endless legions of wanking wannabes, inflicting their emissions on the public. I feel pretty much the same way about most "home recordists" and rock musicians who are so "indie" they can't be bothered to learn to play their instruments or sing in tune.

It's called TASTE, Space Cadet. It's called understanding that it takes a lot of TIME AND WORK to create anything worthwhile.

You're like a toddler who produces a turd and proudly presents it to his parents, expecting praise, who gets upset when his parent tell him it's a turd and to flush it. Yes, I'm referring to the "work" you posted at the start of this thread - if it wasn't anything you thought was worthy, why did you post it here, on a forum frequented by professionals? Obviously you wanted praise. Instead people recognized it for what it was and called your bluff. You got bent out of shape and started attacking everybody around indiscriminately, even those who, like myself, were trying to give you some modicum of support and encouragement. You also then downplayed the piece, claiming that it wasn't really a serious work. So why the hell did you post it? To waste our time? No, obviously you expected some reaction other than what you got.

Nothing else I say matters. I don't believe you even work in this industry now, not with an attitude like that. Who could honestly stand working with you in a studio if that's how you speak to people .
    Kiddo, AFAIC you ain't people. Not now. I started out treating you like people and got attacked for it. I judge people by their actions and right now you're just a puppy shittin' on the rug.

I genuinely feel sorry for you
    Don't.

Deep down I'm sure there's a decent guy but you have been dealt the wrong cards or as I suspect decided to lash out against anything. New or exciting.
    Show me something new and exciting and I'll be the first to applaud you. Hell, show me anything exciting, new or old. Show me something that touches me emotionally, anything. Loop based generic dance music ain't it.

Let me leave you with one word of friendly advice, just to show you that I'm really a nice guy - LEARN TO USE YOUR SPELLING CHECKER. It's built into your browser. And proofread your stuff.

Then maybe people won't make fun of you nearly as much. Because right now you're like a clown walking around with a big sign that says "KICK ME" pinned to his ass.

And I don't intend that in a mean way. Seriously.
    Last edited by John Eppstein; March 24th, 2012 at 02:01 AM.
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White????
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Sweden
    Posts 13,407
    Rep Power 536871454

I have a hard time imagining Weedy in ANY other mood in said company.

Maybe in a cold, calculating, homicidal mood?

otek
    "Tube color is not the 'thing'. Why would the most linear amplifying device have a color?" - Jonte Knif
    Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 10,257
    Rep Power 244794467

Promise?
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Join Date Sep 2008
    Location Turin, Italy
    Posts 1,107
    Rep Power 536871022

That last video was awesome! Ah well, something good came of this

And now for something completely irrelevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW0AC...layer_embedded

Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 10,257
    Rep Power 244794467

Space Cadet - checking out your obviously autobiographical Wikipedia entry. You use the name "DJRaveN4x" to sockpuppet edit the entry, right? And in your page under that name it states you're a LIMEWIRE USER! You're a FUCKING PIRATE!!!!!
    Large dairy air enthusiast Runs a 4.35 forty...yeah right!
    Join Date Mar 2007
    Location Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts 1,173
    Rep Power 536871043

And I thought this was going to be a Lanois thread...
    Has Many Personal Intergritys Expensive Boat Anchor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location New York
    Posts 10,025
    Rep Power 536871342

I have a hard time imagining Weedy in ANY other mood in said company.

Maybe in a cold, calculating, homicidal mood?

otek
    well, there's "highly medicated".
    not sure that's a mood though, per se.

willing to try though...
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Sweden
    Posts 13,407
    Rep Power 536871454

well, there's "highly medicated".
    not sure that's a mood though, per se.

willing to try though...
    We have to make sure the drugs kick in before bringing Donald into the room.

Or you may have to bunk with Phil Spector for the next two decades or so.

otek
    "Tube color is not the 'thing'. Why would the most linear amplifying device have a color?" - Jonte Knif
    A Top 10 Beaver Licker Holder of the Holy Handgrenade
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Nouvelle Zealande
    Posts 1,919
    Rep Power 2500000000

Dude. This is Slippermensch pulling our collective leg.
    Or Donald Fagen in a bad mood.
    No other way around it.
    I had this pegged as a studiojimi doppleganger when the numbers started flying around..
    Junior assistant coffee maker trainee ACME recording engineer...just add water.
    Join Date Jun 2011
    Posts 859
    Rep Power 536870980

It started a bit slow but took up pace like a real champ. Highly entertaining!

Seriously, this guy should eventually get his npd treated... :(