Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 10,266
    Rep Power 379012223

Default Music Industry Groups, Digital And Cellular Interests Reach Royalty Deal

Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White????
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Songwriter Gulch
    Posts 9,721
    Rep Power 536871332

Default Re: Music Industry Groups, Digital And Cellular Interests Reach Royalty Deal

This is probably good news but the thought of the RIAA negotiating for OUR property rights still scares me a bit.
    Bob's room 615 562-4346
    Georgetown Masters 615 254-3233
    Interview
    Artists are the gatekeepers of truth!- Paul Robeson
    Scrabble Tile Arranger Theo's brother the Painter
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Pretentious City, Straya
    Posts 1,844
    Rep Power 536871069

Default Re: Music Industry Groups, Digital And Cellular Interests Reach Royalty Deal

This is probably good news but the thought of the RIAA negotiating for OUR property rights still scares me a bit.
    Mostly good/OK rates, there's a few "bundling" options that seemed to be negotiated for loss leading services (Why do people still do that shit is beyond me) but as you said, the fact is, this was negotiated without artist/indie label input, just the RIAA.

And streaming services keep being the elephant in the rate room

Coded messages in plain text...

Originally Posted by Dwoz
    Most audiophiles could listen to PERFECT pink noise and get just as much enjoyment out of it.